• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pretty quiet regarding open HC positions.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are now into the 2nd week of teams that are searching for a new HC. I assumed some teams would have already announced a decision.
I wonder if some Seahawk coaches are being hired and that is a cause for delay in any announcements or am I jumping the gun a bit.:noidea:

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cant hire our guys until our season is over. I bet alot of teams with vacancies are big time panther fans this week.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think after this week where some of the top teams actually are finished for the season you will see a bunch of the spots get filled quickly. It seems like every team waits for that first guy to get hired then the rest just happen in the next 24 hours unless they just absolutely have a guy in mind that is still in the playoffs that they are willing to wait for but even there with the need to assemble assistants and such those pools dry up quickly once the coaches start getting hired. It is why the longer your team can go without losing in the playoffs the more likely your coordinators stay on for the season. Teams just don't have the patience to wait for a guy they hope will accept the job.

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every team looking for a H.C. is waiting for Bevel to finish his season.. :hope:

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's different than most years. Usually available is a college coach or a coach with HC experience who took a year or two off (Lovie Smith) that gets a jump on the high profile coordinators in the playoffs.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Dan Quinn is as good as gone.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Dan Quinn is as good as gone.

A lot of buzz in that direction for sure. Better than 50% chance. Good for him. Didn't kill our D to lose Bradly and it won't kill it here either. As long as the D is Carroll's vision I'm not going to worry.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess we will see how much of our defensive problems on 3rd down and in finishing games back in 2012 was due to coaching. When Quinn came on our pass rush got better, our 3rd down D was better, and we stopped letting offenses score late go ahead scores.

Was it talent or coaching or play calling?

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Signing Avril and Bennett had the most to do with improved pressure. I think Bradley used the "prevent"D more often than Quinn, but it tends to prevent victories.
Having Avril and Bennett on board required less blitzing thereby allowing better coverage down field.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
can't hire a coach that is still coaching and most of the top choices are still coaching. We might see a few hires after this up coming weekend games but we might not. I think Quinn is gone, i also think there is a good chance that Cable or Bevell are gone. That will make some people happy. I myself would like to keep Bevell and see what his offense can do with a Oline that can protect the passer. Hey the Hawks are ranked #9 in the NFL in total offense with one of the WORST offensive lines in the NFL. I would and AM excited to see how good this offense could be with a offensive line that ranks in the top 15 in pass and rush blocking not the bottom 5 like they are now.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
an improved OL will not stop bevell from calling highschool plays or throwing it when we should be burning clock.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
an improved OL will not stop bevell from calling highschool plays or throwing it when we should be burning clock.

No but an improved line could turn what you think is a high school play into a great play and as far as throwing it when we should burn clock that is a judgement call. If it's 2nd and long and you need a first down to put the game away some times you have to make that call. It does no good to run, run, run and then punt if it still leaves 2 minutes on the clock where if you got 1 first down the game would be over.

Nothing against you Snugs but i feel some people just don't see the big picture. Our Offense is a good Offense and was #2 for most of last season in total yards AND scoring and that's with a oline that can not for the life of them pass block or that continue's to make stupid boneheaded pre snap penalties putting the Offense in 2nd, 3rd and long situations. YOU CAN NOT put that on Bevell, well you can but you would be wrong to do so.

Speaking of High school plays i got one for you. The option read play where Russell Wilson faked the Hand off to Marshawn then rolled out to his left THEN THREW the ball on that roll out is a play we ran in high school, everyone on here i remember was saying OMG WHAT A PLAY. Well that was a high school play lmao.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of buzz in that direction for sure. Better than 50% chance. Good for him. Didn't kill our D to lose Bradly and it won't kill it here either. As long as the D is Carroll's vision I'm not going to worry.
:agree: As much as people hate on Bevell, I think replacing him makes me much more nervous than any DC since we know Pete is the mastermind behind the defense.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No but an improved line could turn what you think is a high school play into a great play and as far as throwing it when we should burn clock that is a judgement call. If it's 2nd and long and you need a first down to put the game away some times you have to make that call. It does no good to run, run, run and then punt if it still leaves 2 minutes on the clock where if you got 1 first down the game would be over.

Nothing against you Snugs but i feel some people just don't see the big picture. Our Offense is a good Offense and was #2 for most of last season in total yards AND scoring and that's with a oline that can not for the life of them pass block or that continue's to make stupid boneheaded pre snap penalties putting the Offense in 2nd, 3rd and long situations. YOU CAN NOT put that on Bevell, well you can but you would be wrong to do so.

Speaking of High school plays i got one for you. The option read play where Russell Wilson faked the Hand off to Marshawn then rolled out to his left THEN THREW the ball on that roll out is a play we ran in high school, everyone on here i remember was saying OMG WHAT A PLAY. Well that was a high school play lmao.
Speaking of that play against the Packers week 1, I don't remember seeing it run since then. Certainly not completed like it was then.

When does that play come out again? I'd have to think either Saturday or in the Super Bowl if we make it. I don't see them holding it back to try against the Packers again in the NFCC.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree: As much as people hate on Bevell, I think replacing him makes me much more nervous than any DC since we know Pete is the mastermind behind the defense.

Yeah i wouldn't want a new OC behind this piss poor Oline. Our offense will drop to the bottom half of the NFL. Seattle went from 28th in the NFL on offense in 2011 to 9th in 2014, thats moving in the right direction. Sooner or later people on this board will understand WHY Bevell is a HC candidate. With as bad as some people say he is there is no way he would be one ( HC Candidate ) if that was true. The Dark horse though for a HC job is Cable and to be honest i bet he doesn't land a job and people are just digging on a team that has had success and the fact that Cable has experience as a HC is the only reason they are sniffing his ass. At least Bevell has improved the Seahawks Offense, Cable's oline coaching has made the oline worse every year. EVERY YEAR people. I don't think the oline respects him to be honest, I know i don't.
:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of that play against the Packers week 1, I don't remember seeing it run since then. Certainly not completed like it was then.

When does that play come out again? I'd have to think either Saturday or in the Super Bowl if we make it. I don't see them holding it back to try against the Packers again in the NFCC.

The reason we have not seen it is the CB's have not crashed down leaving their guy wide open since like they did on Lockette. lol

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reason we have not seen it is the CB's have not crashed down leaving their guy wide open since like they did on Lockette. lol
Was it Lockette? I thought it was Percy.

Either way, CB crashing or not, it gives us a play that usually nets good yardage since we have a smart QB who knows what he's doing in those situations. Not all teams can say that. :yahoo:

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The rumors are that Quinn is all but a lock for the Jets gig. Rumors of this type are often wrong and given that you can't make a formal offer until after that team is out of the playoffs it can't be in stone and things can change.

You have 7 openings now and not one new hire in two weeks. There are names out there that will for sure land an open spot that aren't still coaching in the playoffs (rex ryan etc) and yet none have been locked up.

There has to be a logjam of decisions to be made pending who gets the current coaches on playoff teams that are up for these spots. If we don't see major action in the coming days I'd say it's all but assured Quinn is at least going to face a serious offer.