• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Preseason games....

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more preseason games I watch the more I think the NFL should go to 18 regular season games with 2 preseason games. There are just too many stadiums that are 1/2 full, most teams play their starters very limited amounts of time to risk exposure and they're not really going into the games with anything other than vanilla O and base D. Most use it for reps to see what guys could have potential for injury replacement, practice squads and development. Basically the preseason has become almost obsolete.

I'm guessing we'll see that 18 game schedule in the next CBA. My thoughts are they should have 2 bye weeks and the byes should happen in a 4 week span. Something along the lines of all AFC teams are off week 6 and 13 and all NFC teams are off on 7 and 14, then flip it for the next season. That would also get rid of the imbalance of bye weeks and all teams have the same rest periods when they're playing.
True. Stadiums are at best half filled. They don’t need more than 2 games to warm up. And maybe force a cut more qiuckly.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more preseason games I watch the more I think the NFL should go to 18 regular season games with 2 preseason games. There are just too many stadiums that are 1/2 full, most teams play their starters very limited amounts of time to risk exposure and they're not really going into the games with anything other than vanilla O and base D. Most use it for reps to see what guys could have potential for injury replacement, practice squads and development. Basically the preseason has become almost obsolete.

I'm guessing we'll see that 18 game schedule in the next CBA. My thoughts are they should have 2 bye weeks and the byes should happen in a 4 week span. Something along the lines of all AFC teams are off week 6 and 13 and all NFC teams are off on 7 and 14, then flip it for the next season. That would also get rid of the imbalance of bye weeks and all teams have the same rest periods when they're playing.
I agree. I think it's inevitable at this point. I also agree on the 2 byes but I would likely go 2 teams from each division, then the other 2 the next week as opposed to all AFC one week and all NFC the next. That would probably make more sense and the networks would like it more.

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,014.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree we need to see less pre season games if we go to 18 games. Cause I can barely make it through 4 games. Maybe 2 is the better idea even if the nfl doesn’t expand to 18 games.

DonMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
today's Carolina-Buffalo game is a promotion called "Kid's Day", they could have called it "Bubble Day".
Most of the "starters" appear to be players fighting for roster spots.

on a side note, with the new stadium construction, parking close to the stadium is more limited. All of the "stadium lots" are pre-pay, before the day of the game. I read elsewhere that somebody was asking $200 for a parking pass (essentially one parking space) for this game.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,747.78
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tre Lance with 5 picks today!

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can someone tell Shanahan we want our 4th round pick back :doh:

Literally could have thrown 3 or 4 more and on the last play of the game a better pass wins the game. Dude ain't Him
Lol, one has to wonder how drunk the Jones boys were when they took that call. Even worse since then, Steelers got Fields for a 6th.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nolan Smith might be a bust for the Eagles. They had him playing late into the final preseason game. I wonder if he is a trade candidate.

Jalyx Hunt, the third rounder who was supposed to be the big project, has outplayed Smith and did not suit up for the final preseason game.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,532.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
today's Carolina-Buffalo game is a promotion called "Kid's Day", they could have called it "Bubble Day".
Most of the "starters" appear to be players fighting for roster spots.

on a side note, with the new stadium construction, parking close to the stadium is more limited. All of the "stadium lots" are pre-pay, before the day of the game. I read elsewhere that somebody was asking $200 for a parking pass (essentially one parking space) for this game.
It's New York! Arn't you supposed to be taking public transportation?

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wait till the Georgia corner plays.
:wash:
Hes played very well. You clearly don’t follow a ton of non-Cowboys football. Kelee Ringo had a great camp. Eagles look pretty solid at corner.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nolan Smith might be a bust for the Eagles. They had him playing late into the final preseason game. I wonder if he is a trade candidate.

Jalyx Hunt, the third rounder who was supposed to be the big project, has outplayed Smith and did not suit up for the final preseason game.
I really don’t know what to make of Nolan Smith. I don’t think he’s a trade candidate because they don’t have a ton of numbers at pass rush. I think it’s more likely to see the Eagles acquire another pass rusher than for them to part ways with a pass rusher.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Ringo has looked decent at corner, but since we also have Quinyon Mitchell and Cooper DeJean, he may not see the field much. It will be interesting to see who plays opposite of Slay. Eagles actually have some depth at CB.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm really impressed with Trey Lance's development in Dallas. He has a ways to go, but his 5 INTs shows he is really studying Dak's game tape and picking up some pointers. He will be great when Dak walks next season.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Ringo has looked decent at corner, but since we also have Quinyon Mitchell and Cooper DeJean, he may not see the field much. It will be interesting to see who plays opposite of Slay. Eagles actually have some depth at CB.
You were talking trades earlier. I could see the Eagles maybe trading a corner. I think it’s Slay for sure and then it’s Ringo vs Isaiah Rodgers for the other spot. You’re going to need three of those guys for the two spots because of injury and Slay is on the back end. I think Quinyon is the nickel to start the season with Copper DeJean backing him up.

I wonder if Avonte Maddox or Bradbury make the team. They seem to be working out at safety but have experience playing the slot corner role.

I’m pleased with the personnel in the secondary this year. I am worried about the pass rush though.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm really impressed with Trey Lance's development in Dallas. He has a ways to go, but his 5 INTs shows he is really studying Dak's game tape and picking up some pointers. He will be great when Dak walks next season.

Man, the Niners really screwed the pooch on the evaluation of Lance. They gave up a ton for that guy.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don’t know what to make of Nolan Smith. I don’t think he’s a trade candidate because they don’t have a ton of numbers at pass rush. I think it’s more likely to see the Eagles acquire another pass rusher than for them to part ways with a pass rusher.
Same here. I really wanted to see him get drafted by the Bears, he was one of my early 'sleeper' picks. I thought he was a sure thing who would tear up the league. You guys get to see him a lot, what happened?