• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Preds land Franson and Santorelli

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nashville Predators add Cody Franson, Mike Santorelli from Toronto Maple Leafs - 2015 NHL Trade Deadline

I bet the Leafs were asking for a 1st and Namestinkov or Koekkoek for Franson. Glad Yzerman didn't bite on such a deal, I thought he wouldn't and land Jeff Petry from the Oilers who in my opinion is a very underrated player on a youthful blueline in Edmonton. Petry and Michalek are the best next available, I'll even give Sekera a mention but the bolts ideally need a Righty shot D man to play in the top 4. I do think Yzerman will have to move fast as multiple teams like the Red Wings, Penguins, Ducks, Stars, Kings and Av's are all looking to add a defenseman so the pressure is Stevie Y.​

I_Shall_Return

The Umpire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow Danny, you really think the Lightning are after a D-man? I bet the Lightning didn't offer anything for those guys. They're not forwards mate. Tampa Bay Times is only hoping like us but they know nothing! Danny, the Lightning needed D when they selected the almighty and worthless Drouin instead of Seth. Go look at Seth's stats compared to Drouin's. Yea, Seth's a lot better and he's a D-man! They don't want defense. ..they're looking for another forward. Sorry, just don't want to see your hopes up high only to get crushed by their ignorance.

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow Danny, you really think the Lightning are after a D-man? I bet the Lightning didn't offer anything for those guys. They're not forwards mate. Tampa Bay Times is only hoping like us but they know nothing! Danny, the Lightning needed D when they selected the almighty and worthless Drouin instead of Seth. Go look at Seth's stats compared to Drouin's. Yea, Seth's a lot better and he's a D-man! They don't want defense. ..they're looking for another forward. Sorry, just don't want to see your hopes up high only to get crushed by their ignorance.

I'm not a fan of seth jones at all tampa does not need another big defenseman that does not take the body! all are defenseman stick check like 90 percent of the time. Jeff petry would be the guy i'd target if i'm yzerman for sure might help out that gudas role.

Bolt Fore

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whether he takes the body or not Seth is much more valuable to the Preds than Drouin is to the Bolts.

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't understand all this Seth Jones business? I don't know how you can compare a forward to a defenseman? Sure Seth Jones looks good and would helps us more than Drouin right now given our need on defense. This is also Seth's 2nd year in the NHL, the guy was a - 23 in his rookie season. Drouin is in his rookie season now averaging a point every 2 games how do you compare that to Seth? You can't compare a forward and defenseman, especially their stats.

Yzerman isn't stupid he knows he needs a D Man, he's just not stupid enough some like GM's out there to overpay for a rental. I hope Yzerman can get Petry perhaps he could get him and Klinkhammer for a 3rd this year and 3rd next.

HockeyBuzz.com - Eklund - Montreal and Phoenix Discuss Yandle. Kessel, Petry Updates; Mon's Buzzcast

Bolt Fore

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drouin 2 21 0
G A +_
Jones 6 14 10

No comparison

Last edited by a moderator:

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand all this Seth Jones business? I don't know how you can compare a forward to a defenseman? Sure Seth Jones looks good and would helps us more than Drouin right now given our need on defense. This is also Seth's 2nd year in the NHL, the guy was a - 23 in his rookie season. Drouin is in his rookie season now averaging a point every 2 games how do you compare that to Seth? You can't compare a forward and defenseman, especially their stats.

Yzerman isn't stupid he knows he needs a D Man, he's just not stupid enough some like GM's out there to overpay for a rental. I hope Yzerman can get Petry perhaps he could get him and Klinkhammer for a 3rd this year and 3rd next.

HockeyBuzz.com - Eklund - Montreal and Phoenix Discuss Yandle. Kessel, Petry Updates; Mon's Buzzcast

some people don't get yzerman by now! it's not about building a team for one year yzerman wants to make the playoffs every year! you only do that by drafting well that means keeping your draft picks. It's drouin's first year i don't get the seth jones non sense at all. I bet 3 years from now drouin will be a much better player in this league then seth jones. when drouin proves he is ready for the top six trust me yzerman will move a killorn or connolly out for a d man. you already saw it being over loaded at forward in moving a forward for bishop. only thing holding drouin back is strength and ice time. Are defense lost carle and gudas it's hard to replace two top six defenseman no team really can. simple if yzerman can't get a good deal for say a petry then he sits and does nothing till offseason. Nashville is not a big money spending team like the lightning so they traded there first now and are trying to get a cup. lightning are going to spend to the cap and keep there players which nashville is not going to do.

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drouin 2 21 0
G A +_
Jones 6 14 10

No comparison

I'm sorry but you can't compare a forward and a defenseman, it's just something you can't compare, they have different roles and responsibilities. If you want to compare stats, Jones is close to Drouin but then again Jones plays double as much as Drouin per night so how is that fair comparision.

Bolt Fore

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not comparing them on stats, I'm comparing them on their value to their teams. You can't deny that Jones is much more valuable to Nashville than Drouin is to the Bolts right now. I'm not talking three years from now

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not comparing them on stats, I'm comparing them on their value to their teams. You can't deny that Jones is much more valuable to Nashville than Drouin is to the Bolts right now. I'm not talking three years from now

Agreed Jones is more valuable on his respective team but he's bound to be given the fact he's played a year more than Drouin at this level and is obviously more developed. You also have to take in to consideration the Lightning have one, if not the best forward group in the NHL and Cooper and this organization is in no rush to rush his progression. He isn't playing on the 4th line because of his talent but because our forward group is just loaded with talent.