• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Predictions for 2014 season

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is going to be a great season for MLB. Here are my picks for each division and the playoffs.

Starting in the American League.

The A's have done real well in the West but I am afraid that these last few years have taken too much out of them and they are starting to have pitching injuries near the start of this year. I think Texas adding Fielder will have a monster year hitting in Texas and they win the West.

AL West Winner
Texas

In the Central it's going to be closer than people think. The Indians are a up and coming team and will push the Tigers. The Tigers will win the Central but Francona is a great manager and the Indians have a good chance to win a wild card spot.

AL Central Winner
Tigers

In the East it's gong to be a fight to the finish. This is the toughest division in baseball. Boston leads the pack as the WS Champs returning to try to repeat. The Yankees added Tanaka who will be a superstar pitcher. Tampa Bay with their great manager always gets the most out of his team. Getting Price to sign again was huge for the Rays. Baltimore is a dark horse and can score some runs. Toronto will end up last but they have talent to compete. It will come down to Boston and the Yankees with the Yankees winning it by a nose in the last week of Jeter's last year in the league .

AL East Winner
Yankees

Wild Card Winners
Boston and Cleveland

AL Champions
Tigers

In the National League it's going to get interesting. It's all about beating L.A. and there are teams that can accomplish that.

In the East it comes down to Atlanta and Washington and it's time for the Nationals to step up with all their young talent to take this division. Harper is a future star and their pitching staff is a little better than Atlanta's who will miss the leadership of Hudson who moved to the Giants. Matt Williams wins the East in his first year as Nationals manager.

NL East Winner
Nationals

In the Central it's a little trickier to predict. Three teams...Reds,Cards, and Pirates will bang on each other all year and I am going to pick the Reds who will win it in a close race. A wild card will come out of this division. The Reds are ready and man they can score runs.

NL Central Winner
Reds

Finally in the West it's BEAT L.A. Baby ! I really believe the Giants have a legit shot at the boys in Blue. The key will be staying healthy and getting off to a fast start. I can see Bum, Pence,Posey,Belt,Sandoval, and Crawford maybe having career years and it might take that to get by the Dodgers. Cain and Lincecum need comeback years and Hudson could make a big difference with his leadership. The Giants win the West in the last week of the year and it's going to be tons of fun. Beat L.A. !

NL West Winner
Giants

NL Wild Cards

Cardinals and Dodgers

NL Champions
Giants

It's a repeat of 2012 in the World Series

Giants vs. Tigers

World Champions 2014
San Francisco Giants

Ya gotta believe !

Go Giants !!

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just found this post by BoB...

AL Divisions...
Yankees (2nd, 12 games behind Orioles)
Tigers (1st, 1 game over Royals)
Rangers (dead last, 31 games behind Angles)

AL Wild Cards...
Red Sox (17 games behind A's and Royals)
Indians (3 games behind A's and Royals)

NL Divisions...
Nationals (1st, 17 games over Braves)
Reds (4th, 14 games behind Cardinals)
Giants (2nd, 6 games behind doggies)

NL Wild Cards...
Cardinals (won Central)
doggies (won West)

You didnt do too well in the AL, only getting the Tigers right out of the 5 playoff teams. In the NL, though, you only missed the Pirates.

Not bad, BoB...

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just found this post by BoB...

AL Divisions...
Yankees (2nd, 12 games behind Orioles)
Tigers (1st, 1 game over Royals)
Rangers (dead last, 31 games behind Angles)

AL Wild Cards...
Red Sox (17 games behind A's and Royals)
Indians (3 games behind A's and Royals)

NL Divisions...
Nationals (1st, 17 games over Braves)
Reds (4th, 14 games behind Cardinals)
Giants (2nd, 6 games behind doggies)

NL Wild Cards...
Cardinals (won Central)
doggies (won West)

You didnt do too well in the AL, only getting the Tigers right out of the 5 playoff teams. In the NL, though, you only missed the Pirates.

Not bad, BoB...

Shit, Every squirrel finds a nut every now and then. I really liked the Orioles last year too and left them out. The Rangers were terrible . Everyone it seems is on the Cubs bandwagon this year if there is such a thing. No way the Cubs win it all this year with the Nats, Giants, and Dodgers talent in the same league.