• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Prediction Game 6: WVU @ Texas Tech

DBAR4WVU

Blue & Gold until I die
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been waiting for someone to start the thread for Saturday's game and haven't seen one - so here it is. I have seen a few comments in other threads, but I see this game as our "Make or Break" game. If WVU wins - they are set to compete for this conference's # 2 slot if not # 1 (a lot of things would have to break our way). But, if WVU drops yet another one to TT - our chances plummet based on the remaining competition yet to be played.

On the road - hard place to win for us of late. We are currently favored by 6, but that in itself shows people are not sure exactly what to expect from us. The line should be TT +12 or 14. Then there is our always intertaining Special Teams play.... wll we make it 4 games in a row giving up a TD on a kick return? How many fumbles by our kick return team can we expect. If ST are going to show improvement - this would be a great weekend to see it.

Our D should be able to contain TT scoring. No run game to speak of but their passing is ranked #11. Our secondary and pass pressure is much improved. I think we can hold them under their average (29.6). Then there is our offense. TT D ranks in the neighborhood of WVUs last year D. But that number is deceiving. They gave up big yards to some very good teams. Their run D is weak - but WV run offense is not the greatest. Maybe facing them we have a breakout game, who knows. But their pass D is pretty strong (#37). My concern, we are able move the ball until we get to the red zone. Then we see TT stop us on 3rd and long and we kick for 3 instead of scoring 6.

I am hoping with this teams new attitude, we prevail. But nothing is certain and there are always the untangibles that impact the outcome.

WVU 32
TT 26

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TT is a pivotal game. Losses the last two years were followed by our seasons falling apart. I look at this game and not the Maryland game anymore as our barometer and the predictor of the rest of the season.

WVU wins bowl game
WVU wins big-Top 4 conference finish
WVU blows out compete for conference crown
WVU loses- no bowl

WVU 43 TT 17

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The TT OL has only given up 4 or 5 sacks for the season. Our pass rush will likely do nothing. I expect TT will complete a ton of passes across the middle using their inside slot receivers in favorable match-ups against our safety and LB group.

The TT defense has been a problem. They have had to replace 9 starters this year, and their inexperience has been a big problem… one many of us WVU fans understand.

I expect a shoot-out. WVU will be lucky to come out of this game with a W.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TT is a pivotal game. Losses the last two years were followed by our seasons falling apart. I look at this game and not the Maryland game anymore as our barometer and the predictor of the rest of the season.

I agree, this game has that same kind of feel to it of late.

I'm in the same camp as bb, I think we are in for a dogfight, this almost has the same feel as Okie State walking into Morgantown last year to me. Our defense is certainly better than last year but I am still not entirely sold on our defense as far as being in the "good" category THIS year yet (perhaps Worley + Banks on the field now at the same time puts us over the top? :think:) and Tech might get better play out of their QB than KU or OU got from theirs.

If this game turns out to be a big win (17+ point difference) for TT then IMO things are going to go south and begin to get very ugly for Dana and co. for the rest of the year. I think when Luck mentioned "improvement" in the off season, games like this one were exactly what he was talking about.

We need this one bad, lets get it

WVU 31

TTech 28