• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Preacher

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Comes out in four days on AMC. I'm reading the comic right now- and let me say, if the show is anything like the comic, it will kick ass

CarlSr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm definitely giving this one a chance.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rogen and Goldberg are known for comedy and can be a matter of taste for people but they pretty much always deliver on their "passion projects" and this is something they have pushed forever, should be good.

And of course Catlin, he's got the BB involvement on his resume

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll definitely be tuning in. As I got further through the graphic novels, I kinda' started to get a bit amused by the moral distinctions it makes though. For instance, booze = good. Other drugs = bad. Didn't really fit in with the larger moral implications of the comic.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I understand, this comic has been tossed around quoite a bit. 3 or 4 have already tried to adapt into a screenplay for a movie or tv and have failed/and or just said "fuck it", including Kevin Smith. All of which wanted to stay true to the comics. (which would definitely be tough to do) From what I understand the show will veer quite a bit from the comics. I don't like that, but I will still check it out. On issue 18 of the comics, right now.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I understand, this comic has been tossed around quoite a bit. 3 or 4 have already tried to adapt into a screenplay for a movie or tv and have failed/and or just said "fuck it", including Kevin Smith. All of which wanted to stay true to the comics. (which would definitely be tough to do) From what I understand the show will veer quite a bit from the comics. I don't like that, but I will still check it out. On issue 18 of the comics, right now.

The pro-gun message of the comic is going to be a hard-sell in the current weekly mass shooting climate. So at the very least they'll have to tone that down.

CarlSr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure exactly what I watched, but I'm down to watch episode 2.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After watching most of the pilot, I'm gonna take a pass on this series.
Hasn't really piqued my interest like I thought it would...meh...oh well.
Just seems like a cheap rip off and goes too far out of it's way in trying to replicate Q.Tarantino,R.Rodriquez,F. Miller & P.W.S. Anderson type material & action just to convey it's own allegorical narrative...and I prefer the real deal. Besides...there's too much other stuff on TV I've been neglecting that I need to get caught up on anyhow.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm on like 60 of the comics.

I enjoyed the pilot. The characters are pretty spot-on, relative to the comics, but I imagine it would be a tough one to grab onto, if you haven't read em'.

This is a script that is almost impossible to imagine as a show. It's an ambitious endeavor.

I'm stoked about it. Can't wait to see how it unfolds.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm on like 60 of the comics.

I enjoyed the pilot. The characters are pretty spot-on, relative to the comics, but I imagine it would be a tough one to grab onto, if you haven't read em'.

This is a script that is almost impossible to imagine as a show. It's an ambitious endeavor.

I'm stoked about it. Can't wait to see how it unfolds.

I'm a little surprised 2/4 on here have already said they weren't impressed.

I will probably wait a while before starting this show(not a comic reader) but so far critic reviews have been great and fan reactions online for the premiere have been mostly fantastic.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a little surprised 2/4 on here have already said they weren't impressed.

I will probably wait a while before starting this show(not a comic reader) but so far critic reviews have been great and fan reactions online for the premiere have been mostly fantastic.

I liked it. My wife liked it, and she hasn't read the comics.

I'm not really a comic reader either, but my interest in the show brought me to read The Walking Dead, and I really enjoyed em', and found myself liking the show even more after reading em'.

Same thing here, the show looked interesting, so I went and read the comics. I just started em' last week and am already almost done. I like to see how much they stick to the source en sech.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked it. My wife liked it, and she hasn't read the comics.

I'm not really a comic reader either, but my interest in the show brought me to read The Walking Dead, and I really enjoyed em', and found myself liking the show even more after reading em'.

Same thing here, the show looked interesting, so I went and read the comics. I just started em' last week and am already almost done. I like to see how much they stick to the source en sech.

Yeah I actually read the walking dead comics really recently. Liked them a lot more then the show actually.

Always easier to fit the material in properly

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have this recorded, will watch it sometime this week

Same for me. I was a huge fan of the comic stuff by Garth Ennis, so I will definitely give it a shot. Just a bit wary about how watered down it will be. Anyway, got the series already set for dvr.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watched the pilot.

Meh.

I will continue to watch, because this does seem like something that may be worth it once you catch on the narrative style. Right now, I have no idea what I just watched.

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Loved the pilot. The comedy is dark and the violence is the fucked up kind. Right up my alley and exactly what I expected from Rogen and Goldberg.

moxie

Polite as fuck.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,538.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have it recorded... the commercials definitely got me interested. Will probably wait until I have a few episodes backed up so I'm not waiting for something to happen and losing interest in the meantime. Short attention span & sech.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watched the pilot.

Meh.

I will continue to watch, because this does seem like something that may be worth it once you catch on the narrative style. Right now, I have no idea what I just watched.

Nor should you at this point, if you haven't read the comics. This story is all over the map. Like I mentioned above, it's a very ambitious project. I wouldn't even begin to attempt to explain it to someone.