• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Practice Squad

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CB Stanley Jean-Baptiste
WR Andrew Peacock

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to see us add Larry Webster, Isiah Johnson, Brian Suite, Julian Stanford, George Winn, Kellen Moore, Garret Gilbert, Xavier Proctor, Jacob Maxwell, Jeremy Ross, and Jerel Worthy out of our cuts this year...

Last edited:

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Raiders cut Tavecchio (sp), I'd like to se him added so we have a back-up kicker handy if something happens to Prater.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting Jean-Baptiste was a huge pick-up, imo. Clearly something went very wrong in New Orleans with him, but he was a 2nd round pick just last year. Simply having him in the pipeline is big, and we didn't have to give up anything to get him.

I see a move to safety in his future, though. He lacks the pure speed to be an effective corner, imo. Maybe I'm wrong on that, though.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to see us add Larry Webster, Isiah Johnson, Brian Suite, Julian Stanford, George Winn, Kellen Moore, Garret Gilbert, Xavier Proctor, Jacob Maxwell, Jeremy Ross, and Jerel Worthy out of our cuts this year...

I'll give Webster and Moore another year. The rest can either go or stay

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting Jean-Baptiste was a huge pick-up, imo.

Yeah but a huge red flag that they cut a 2nd round after only 1 year. Move him to safety and hope for the best

Quackerjacked

Falcon
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm really glad webster made it. He definitely isn't ready but I watched him hard the last preseason game. When he does get off the ball well he has elite acceleration and speed.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was a big advocate of drafting Jean-Baptiste. Glad for Peacock and Webster. I don't think Ross is eligible. I think Julian Stanford and I Johnson have potential. Definitely want Gilbert back

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't think Ross was either, but the Freep listed him a possibility.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was a big advocate of drafting Jean-Baptiste. Glad for Peacock and Webster. I don't think Ross is eligible. I think Julian Stanford and I Johnson have potential. Definitely want Gilbert back
New rule this year that teams can have two practice squad players with up to two full seasons under their belt, so guys like Ross fall under that provision...

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dagnabbit... I'm not a Ross fan at all.
I'm certainly not a fan of his and I'm glad we kept Jones. But Ross on the practice squad would make for some great injury protection. He'd be plug and play ready.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm certainly not a fan of his and I'm glad we kept Jones. But Ross on the practice squad would make for some great injury protection. He'd be plug and play ready.

I get all that, and I agree. Do you remember how much I hated Durham? Well I'd rather see his ass back before Ross.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He could be back, eventually. Da Raiduhs cut him today.

I thought by rule that once you are cut from the Raiders that you have to play Arena football for a year or retire.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought by rule that once you are cut from the Raiders that you have to play Arena football for a year or retire.

There is a loophole though.

But only Meow knows what it is.

We'll have to just wait for him to stop by and tell us. (Luckily I brought a book. And my library card so I can go get moar.)

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's what I can find on who we got so far. These are Tim Twentyman's analyses on each signing:

Andrew Peacock, WR
: Peacock is a true slot receiver. The only other true slot the Lions have on their 53-man roster is veteran Lance Moore. Peacock spent last season on the team's practice squad. He caught two passes for 16 yards in the preseason.

Larry Webster, DE: A former fourth-round pick by the Lions in 2014, Webster lost his roster spot to Phillip Hunt. The Lions are still very high on Webster’s potential, however. He just needs more grooming.

Casey Pierce, TE: Pierce had a nice training camp, but was a victim of the numbers game at tight end. The Lions like his skillset and potential. If the Lions suffer an injury at the position they’d feel confident Pierce could step in and help them.

Kerry Hyder, DT: Hyder had a terrific finale to the preseason when he recovered three fumbles in a win over Buffalo. He also added five tackles in the preseason. Hyder has some versatility in his game at 6-foot-2 and 280 pounds.

Isaiah Johnson, S: The Lions pursued Johnson hard after the draft and like how he performed in camp. He simply wasn’t ever going to jump Glover Quin, James Ihedigbo, Isa Abdul-Quddus and Don Carey on the depth chart, and the Lions opted not to keep five safeties. His inclusion on the practice squad was an easy decision for the Lions.

George Winn, RB: The Lions used one of their two practice squad exceptions on Winn, who is a terrific short-yardage back and special teamer. Winn lost his roster spot to Zach Zenner, but his inclusion on the practice squad gives the Lions a nice option if they suffer an injury at the position.

Braxton Cave, C: Cave gives the Lions some depth on the interior of their offensive line.

There's also CB Stanley Jean-Baptiste, so we should have two spot left to fill as-of today. Expect a QB to be added to fill one of those spots by this afternoon...

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Expect a QB to be added to fill one of those spots by this afternoon...

I predict they bring GG back. Its one of the few things I am still wrong on as of now. I was also looking for CB, either Butler or Stanford. Was hoping for both, Baptiste is acceptable though.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I predict they bring GG back. Its one of the few things I am still wrong on as of now. I was also looking for CB, either Butler or Stanford. Was hoping for both, Baptiste is acceptable though.
Gilbert already signed with the Raiders practice squad, so we're out of luck there.

And I think Butler and Stanford are both out of p-squad eligibility, but I may be wrong there. They're both veteran players, been around the league for a few years each...