• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Power Rankings

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought it would it be interesting for us to have a power rankings that we can update whenever we wanted to, sort of like a timeline. Not saying mine is any good, just starting it because didn't want to suggest without doing one.

This is NOT a power ranking of how we think they are, just how they've done and it's not in reference to expectations, just how are they doing. I perhaps too strongly honor the overall record in general, with exceptions. When we get further, I will remove the categories. The top of the next might be better than the bottom of the higher, or a big turnaround could push one way up - I also expect some of the undefeated to not only lose but drop out of the top 7).

Undefeated Teams
1. Seattle (Carolina shut out the Giants, Beat a Niners team who I believe are still up there, and they can't control the schedule (Jax))
2. Denver (Beat defending champs, could-be bad Giants, and I'm counting the win against not as bad as we thought Oakland)
3. Miami (Beat Indianapolis and Atlanta, good teams)
4. Kansas City (Coaching and defense IMO above Chicago, but below the above due to opponents faced)
5. Chicago (Haven't beat anyone other than Cincinnati who should be 1-2)
6. New Orleans (Atlanta is good, but Tampa, Arizona < Dallas, Philadelphia)
7. New England (Didn't look good against anyone, but injured and can only play the schedule)

One Loss Teams
8. Cincinnati (Beat Green Bay and Steelers, only loss to undefeated team)
9. Indianapolis (Beat SF and only loss was to an undefeated team)
10. Dallas (Fool's gold perhaps, but they are playing up there, only loss to undefeated team)
11. Baltimore (Only lost the top ranked and have to put them above Houston - also SB defender)
12. Houston (Should be here, but can't say they've played well everywhere against so-so opponents)
13. Tennessee (Only loss is to Houston; beat San Diego (clutch) and Steelers)
14. Detroit (Haven't really beat anyone and so-so opponents, worse than Houston, lost to Arizona)
15. New York Jets (Surprise team but haven't beat anyone that good and one win was penalty assisted)

Two Loss Teams
16. San Francisco (Win over Green Bay, Tough schedule, injuries, and will bounce back a little)
17. Green Bay (Beat the easy team, lost closely to the other good teams, injuries)
18. Carolina (Newton needs his rookie season back, but their defense shut out the Giants and kept them in the Seattle game.)
19. San Diego (Surprise team, good play by Rivers until the end, competition high)
20. Atlanta (Expected more, two losses to undefeated teams, but only win was close to an ok team)
21. Buffalo (Tougher schedule than Atlanta, lost both closely, rookie QB)
22. Philadelphia (People think their reeling, only win against bad Washington team, but still think they are ahead of the next two.)
23. St. Louis (Tougher schedule, but bad loss to Dallas)
24. Arizona (Good win over Detroit (> Minnesota), but lost to the Rams and blownout by New Orleans)
25. Cleveland (Beat a bad Minnesota team, lost to everyone else, stayed close with Baltimore)
26. Oakland (Challenged Indianapolis, beat the worst team, and am counting a loss tonight)

Winless Teams
27. Washington (Two close losses to Eagles (Guinea Pig for Kelly) and Detroit)
28. New York (Has looked terrible but I think they are better than they've played and the rest of the winless teams other than Washington)
29. Minnesota (Reigning MVP, close to being 2-1 - lost two in the last minute or so)
30. Pittsburgh (Better than Minnesota maybe, but they weren't close, really)
31. Tampa Bay (Should have beaten the Jets, was close to Saints, bad loss to depleted Patriots)
32. Jacksonville (Self-explanatory)

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought it would it be interesting for us to have a power rankings that we can update whenever we wanted to, sort of like a timeline. Not saying mine is any good, just starting it because didn't want to suggest without doing one.

This is NOT a power ranking of how we think they are, just how they've done and it's not in reference to expectations, just how are they doing. I perhaps too strongly honor the overall record in general, with exceptions. When we get further, I will remove the categories. The top of the next might be better than the bottom of the higher, or a big turnaround could push one way up - I also expect some of the undefeated to not only lose but drop out of the top 7).

Undefeated Teams
1. Seattle (Carolina shut out the Giants, Beat a Niners team who I believe are still up there, and they can't control the schedule (Jax))
2. Denver (Beat defending champs, could-be bad Giants, and I'm counting the win against not as bad as we thought Oakland)
3. Miami (Beat Indianapolis and Atlanta, good teams)
4. Kansas City (Coaching and defense IMO above Chicago, but below the above due to opponents faced)
5. Chicago (Haven't beat anyone other than Cincinnati who should be 1-2)
6. New Orleans (Atlanta is good, but Tampa, Arizona < Dallas, Philadelphia)
7. New England (Didn't look good against anyone, but injured and can only play the schedule)

One Loss Teams
8. Cincinnati (Beat Green Bay and Steelers, only loss to undefeated team)
9. Indianapolis (Beat SF and only loss was to an undefeated team)
10. Dallas (Fool's gold perhaps, but they are playing up there, only loss to undefeated team)
11. Baltimore (Only lost the top ranked and have to put them above Houston - also SB defender)
12. Houston (Should be here, but can't say they've played well everywhere against so-so opponents)
13. Tennessee (Only loss is to Houston; beat San Diego (clutch) and Steelers)
14. Detroit (Haven't really beat anyone and so-so opponents, worse than Houston, lost to Arizona)
15. New York Jets (Surprise team but haven't beat anyone that good and one win was penalty assisted)

Two Loss Teams
16. San Francisco (Win over Green Bay, Tough schedule, injuries, and will bounce back a little)
17. Green Bay (Beat the easy team, lost closely to the other good teams, injuries)
18. Carolina (Newton needs his rookie season back, but their defense shut out the Giants and kept them in the Seattle game.)
19. San Diego (Surprise team, good play by Rivers until the end, competition high)
20. Atlanta (Expected more, two losses to undefeated teams, but only win was close to an ok team)
21. Buffalo (Tougher schedule than Atlanta, lost both closely, rookie QB)
22. Philadelphia (People think their reeling, only win against bad Washington team, but still think they are ahead of the next two.)
23. St. Louis (Tougher schedule, but bad loss to Dallas)
24. Arizona (Good win over Detroit (> Minnesota), but lost to the Rams and blownout by New Orleans)
25. Cleveland (Beat a bad Minnesota team, lost to everyone else, stayed close with Baltimore)
26. Oakland (Challenged Indianapolis, beat the worst team, and am counting a loss tonight)

Winless Teams
27. Washington (Two close losses to Eagles (Guinea Pig for Kelly) and Detroit)
28. New York (Has looked terrible but I think they are better than they've played and the rest of the winless teams other than Washington)
29. Minnesota (Reigning MVP, close to being 2-1 - lost two in the last minute or so)
30. Pittsburgh (Better than Minnesota maybe, but they weren't close, really)
31. Tampa Bay (Should have beaten the Jets, was close to Saints, bad loss to depleted Patriots)

interesting idea. as far as your criteria i wouldn't change it too much. seems to be right on track...

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same Criteria as above. This is getting harder not to break the categories. I may do so next week.

Undefeated Teams
1. Denver (Manning loves the regular season and may break the first round inconsistencies)
2. Seattle (Defense won them the game, as Wilson has quietly had a few not-so-great games.)
3. New Orleans (Defense may or may not be real, but wouldn't count out Brees/Payton either way.)
4. Kansas City (Offense hasn't caught up with defense but is progressing.)
5. New England (This might be the final week where I can keep them as the last of the undefeateds, despite losing Wilfork. Gaining chemistry. Think they will beat the Bengals, though.)

One Loss Teams
6. Detroit (Beating Chicago is bigger plus than Miami losing to undefeated Saints is marginalized.)
7. Indianapolis (You can't control who is on your schedule, but beating Jacksonville won't bump them up more.)
8. Chicago (Just think that Miami's loss was worse.)
9. Miami (Only loss to undefeated Saints but was from season-long struggles with turnovers, not a fluke and self-inflicted.)
10. Tennessee (Fitzpatrick can be effective but still, losing your 6 TD/0 INT starter bumps them down.)

Two Loss Teams
11. San Francisco (Running game helps but they have a hard defense to face.)
12. Green Bay (Bye week leaves them with two losses and one win, not three losses or two wins, but feel they'll bounce back.)
13. Houston (Putting them here, as if they beat the Niners, they deserve to be here, but if they lose, they'll rightfully move down - stubborn move for no reason? Defense?)
14. Cincinnati (Not a good day for Dalton, but defense still good.)
15. Dallas (Just a gut feeling right now, have lost to an undefeated and to a 2-loss team.)
16. Carolina (Not their fault they didn't win this week - bye. Defense should keep them here.)
17. San Diego (Surprise team, good play by Rivers until the end, competition high)
18. Buffalo (Lost to Jets below them and beat the Ravens, so roughly here for now?)
19. Baltimore (Can't put them higher with a 5 INT game.)
20. Cleveland (Winning with the backup now starter? Won Ohio. Call me a hater to put them here.)
21. Arizona (Winning despite bad numbers from the QB.)
22. New York Jets (Geno had his version of the butt-fumble off his own butt - turnovers worse than defense is good. Holmes out.)

Three-Loss Teams
23. Atlanta (Reputation based and even though I never expected Ryan to win it, they were right in it.)
24. Washington (Getting healthier and can't lose this week - Bye.)
25. Minnesota (Reigning MVP, close to being 3-1 - lost two in the last minute or so - finally got their win.)
26. Philadelphia ( Same as before - People think their reeling, only win against bad Washington team, but still think they are ahead of the next two.)
27. St. Louis (Don't care, they're here.)
28. Oakland (Pryor is coming back, I assume, so they might be above St. Louis, but Rams' defense is better.)

Winless Teams
29. Pittsburgh (Can't see them staying this low.)
30. New York (Rolle says they could run the table so I have to put them above the next two, right? ;) )
31. Tampa Bay (Rookie QB, close games, better than Jacksonville.)