• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Power Play...

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The PP is pathetic!!!!!!!!!!! Sick of this garbage.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about someone stand in front of the fucking net and shoot the puck...anyone wish Kerr could be reincarnated?

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about someone stand in front of the fucking net and shoot the puck...anyone wish Kerr could be reincarnated?

ME!!!! :peace:

thumbnail.aspx

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking that they could put Mez in front of the net but he has such a nice shot from the point. Hartnell would be ideal but he can't stay on his feet when taking the crosschecks. Carts was kind of doing it and he's big enough and talented enough to be that guy....just needs to do more of it. Maybe JVR needs to man up and be that guy? I'd love to see it!

WOOTPOKER

Why you heff to be mad?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
when prongs gets back..he wreaks havoc in front of the net.. he'd be great. with mez's shot and prongs in front of the net? oh boy..

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
when prongs gets back..he wreaks havoc in front of the net.. he'd be great. with mez's shot and prongs in front of the net? oh boy..

Shit.....since he can't shoot, they may as well sit Carbomb and bring Prongs out on the PP and camp his giant ass out in front of Miller. lol

WOOTPOKER

Why you heff to be mad?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
keep plugging away..thats all i can think of right now...i'd say mez and timmo tell prongs get back. mez and timmo from the point...prongs(when hes play) and JVR in front..and maybe carts in front(if he can grow a pair)

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I noticed that they have JVR on the point why not in front of the net? He's big enough and skilled enough to cause some chaos....why not try it. I'd be happy with fucking 10% right now!!!

Almost forgot to mention that by adding Z to the lineup he'd help the PP as well....

Last edited by a moderator:

flyermaniaa90

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fin...JVR is playing the most physical hockey i have ever seen...but always hoped for...so...do you put him in front...ive seen them use him in college like that...effectively...or do you see if you can free him up to let the cannon loose??? Zman back good in a lot of ways...Im working late not getting in till 830 hold the fort...love the DVR...skip all the commercials and intermission and i may catch up in the last 5 minutes...GO FLYERS!!!

h X c Chris

foul-mouthed
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Zherdev is good for the powerplay, I hate to say it but Richards and Carter are shit on the PP. Richards used to be good on the point sneaking along the boards but now every time he gets the puck he tries to make some miracle pass to the slot and it usually gets picked off and cleared.

I like Leino, Zherdev, Giroux, Pronger(hopefullysoon) and Mezzy on the powerplay.

Giroux left boards, Briere around the net, Leino around the net, with Pronger and Mezzy manning the points. Mezzy and Pronger both have cannons, maybe someone different if they both shoot right handed.

Either way I like the way Giroux, Briere, Zherdev and Leino are able to take care of and protect the puck it creates a lot of space. I think we need less cross ice passes and more cannons from the points. Our powerplay is entirely filled up with guys getting too cute and forcing the cross ice passes. Its time to simplify things and just setup create space and slam it from the point, an OCCASIONAL cross ice/feed to the slot to keep the pressure off.

Those are just my 2 cents.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zherdev is good for the powerplay, I hate to say it but Richards and Carter are shit on the PP. Richards used to be good on the point sneaking along the boards but now every time he gets the puck he tries to make some miracle pass to the slot and it usually gets picked off and cleared.

I like Leino, Zherdev, Giroux, Pronger(hopefullysoon) and Mezzy on the powerplay.

Giroux left boards, Briere around the net, Leino around the net, with Pronger and Mezzy manning the points. Mezzy and Pronger both have cannons, maybe someone different if they both shoot right handed.

Either way I like the way Giroux, Briere, Zherdev and Leino are able to take care of and protect the puck it creates a lot of space. I think we need less cross ice passes and more cannons from the points. Our powerplay is entirely filled up with guys getting too cute and forcing the cross ice passes. Its time to simplify things and just setup create space and slam it from the point, an OCCASIONAL cross ice/feed to the slot to keep the pressure off.

Those are just my 2 cents.

First off, I cannot even begin to describe how awful our power play is right now. It's completely ridiculous. You can't go 1 for 10 including 0 for 2 with the two man advantage and expect to win the hockey game. A 5 on 3 power play should be an automatic goal in the regular season or the playoffs, especially considering the talent we have out on the ice. Our only saving grace is that we're one of the best in the league at even strength.

In short, you're right. Zherdev at least has the puck handling skills to avoid getting trapped and turning it over. Guys like Giroux, Briere and Leino are also good at possessing the puck and dishing it back out to the open man at the point. If we're going to have a JvR or a Meszaros at the point on each power play, then there's no excuse not to get plenty of traffic in front and let her rip from the points. I just don't think there's enough havoc being wreaked in front and our shooters don't have the accuracy or experience of one Chris Pronger, who would find a way to get that puck to the net one way or another.

There definitely is too much passing going on and not enough loading the gun and firing away with traffic in front.

If there's another game in this series that is virtually all special teams, we're going to lose it. Buffalo would be happy to play game two all over again while we still don't have Pronger. I'll be happy if game three is played more at even strength and Pronger returns for game four. I don't see us losing the series in any fashion then. Pronger makes the power play better instantly, whether manning the point or in front of the net.

Last edited by a moderator: