• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Post week 8 waiver wire

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Feels like a big week.

Also feels like some fools gold being pumped up.

Thoughts for this week?

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking for Henry "replacement" (quotes because there's no replacing him). Barring some kind of trade, I actually don't like what the Titans are doing fantasy wise with McNichols or Peterson. If I had to guess, McNichols might have more value with Peterson getting some goalline work.

But my options are Boston Scott or Michael Carter. That's basically it. Scott looked for the Eagles and has played pretty well in the past when given the chance but split carries with Howard. Looks like its gonna be a committee regardless. Carter has put up good fantasy points the last couple of weeks and had a big breakout last game, but its still the Jets. If we take last Sunday's game out of the equation, it looks like you're just hoping Carter can fall into the endzone when the Jets make their one trip to the redzone for the entire game.

Right now, I'm leaning Carter since he's not splitting work and maybe on the upshot that last Sunday's game was him (and the Jets) figuring it out more on offense.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bryan Edwards

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking for Henry "replacement" (quotes because there's no replacing him). Barring some kind of trade, I actually don't like what the Titans are doing fantasy wise with McNichols or Peterson. If I had to guess, McNichols might have more value with Peterson getting some goalline work.

But my options are Boston Scott or Michael Carter. That's basically it. Scott looked for the Eagles and has played pretty well in the past when given the chance but split carries with Howard. Looks like its gonna be a committee regardless. Carter has put up good fantasy points the last couple of weeks and had a big breakout last game, but its still the Jets. If we take last Sunday's game out of the equation, it looks like you're just hoping Carter can fall into the endzone when the Jets make their one trip to the redzone for the entire game.

Right now, I'm leaning Carter since he's not splitting work and maybe on the upshot that last Sunday's game was him (and the Jets) figuring it out more on offense.

If Carter is still there it is definitely him between those two, with Scott being a nice backup plan if you aren't the top waiver order - kicking myself for hesitating on dropping Marq. Callaway to pick up Carter and someone else scooped him up before I could make up my mind.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think i may go all in on Jeremy Mcnichols in PPR leagues... i think without Henry they will heavily become a pass team... so i would want the the receiving back that will help tannehill out...

sure peterson will be the traditional back, and probably redzone back... but he will be very TD dependent, and he is no Henry... he is no longer the CENTERPIECE...

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think i may go all in on Jeremy Mcnichols in PPR leagues... i think without Henry they will heavily become a pass team... so i would want the the receiving back that will help tannehill out...

sure peterson will be the traditional back, and probably redzone back... but he will be very TD dependent, and he is no Henry... he is no longer the CENTERPIECE...

I think this is the correct play regarding titans RBs. McKissic situation with (I think) potential for more carries

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I probably need a TE with Fant all covved up.

Pat Freiermuth vs CHI
Jared Cook @ PHI
Dan Arnold vs BUF
Mo Alie-Cox vs NYJ
Albert O @ DAL (Fant's backup)
Cole Kmet @ PIT

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I probably need a TE with Fant all covved up.

Pat Freiermuth vs CHI
Jared Cook @ PHI
Dan Arnold vs BUF
Mo Alie-Cox vs NYJ
Albert O @ DAL (Fant's backup)
Cole Kmet @ PIT
ebron's hurt, and freirermuth was passing him up anyways. Hes our TE1 with no competition for next game

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is my thinking with the Titans RBs now that they didn't trade for anyone. AP doesn't have much of anything left. He might have a good fantasy game or two, but it won't be consistent. They're gonna mix in 2 or 3 backs most likely. But none will be able to run like Henry. The OL isn't particularly good. Henry makes up a lot of their shortcomings. So I doubt the Titans running game is gonna be effective and all of their offense was based on Henry running. Now they're gonna have to find ways to open the field up more, passing to the RB is gonna be one of those ways. McNichols is that guy.