• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Post three concerns for your team heading into 2016-17

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
*A somewhat less predictable thread topic...But, I want to see one's full analysis on their team as opposed to the same old "my team has more titles than your team" drivel. Man up and admit your team's weaknesses.

Pacers:

1) Getting off to a good start. Team chemistry could be an issue early on with so many new players coming in.

2) Three point shooting. Adding Jeff Teague was a must and is a far more diverse player than George Hill, but Hill was our best long-range shooter last season by far.

3) Monta Ellis. Is he best suited as a sixth man at this stage?

Nuggets:

1) Lack of veteran talent.

2) Difficult Western Conference where just about every team is stacked with talent.

3) SG logjam. I'm a Gary Harris fan being from Indiana, but the draft selections of Murray and Beasley shows what kind of confidence Denver has in him as a starter. There's bound to be hurt feelings here one way or another.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wizards:

1) they aren't good

2) from 1-4, they are built to run and get up and down, although they have a couple weak perimeter defenders. Gortat is a traditional 5 who needs a slower pace. Since he is their 3rd best player, the bad roster fit is a big deal.

3) Scott Brooks is a poor coach, so he will be unable to fix 1 and 2.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs

1. Injury - to anyone significant

2. The backup point guard position suffers from the loss of Delly because Mo and Felder cant handle it

3. Make or break year for Iman Shumpert- he underachieved last year. Is he the guy in year 1 or year 2? We shall see- the Cavs could really use a solid year out of him.

If I were doing three biggest external concerns just for the Eastern Conference for the Cavs I would say that would be:

1. Toronto trading for a legit threat PF like a Paul Milsap

2. Boston making one more significant deal and adding another piece.

3. Pacers - Miles Turner takes a leap defensively and can cover up for Thad Young- who plays very good offensively- that would be something to consider. PG establishes himself as the next best player in the East to LBJ.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. We are the Clippers.

2. Panic button trades if they start slow because of the upcoming free agency of Paul, Blake and Redick.

3. Nothing was done to address the big, gapping hole at sf.

* bonus At least two of the Warriors players has not tested positive for peds yet.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thunder

1. Kyle Singler is still alive.
2. Kyle Singler is still on the roster.
3. Kyle Singler may actually get minutes.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
76ers

1. Joel Embiid's health.

2. Whether the young talent can start to put it together by the end of the season.

3. Finding minutes for all the big men. (Related: I'm also concerned about the team trading a big man and getting nothing in return.)

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
*A somewhat less predictable thread topic...But, I want to see one's full analysis on their team as opposed to the same old "my team has more titles than your team" drivel. Man up and admit your team's weaknesses.

Pacers:

1) Getting off to a good start. Team chemistry could be an issue early on with so many new players coming in.

2) Three point shooting. Adding Jeff Teague was a must and is a far more diverse player than George Hill, but Hill was our best long-range shooter last season by far.

3) Monta Ellis. Is he best suited as a sixth man at this stage?

Nuggets:

1) Lack of veteran talent.

2) Difficult Western Conference where just about every team is stacked with talent.

3) SG logjam. I'm a Gary Harris fan being from Indiana, but the draft selections of Murray and Beasley shows what kind of confidence Denver has in him as a starter. There's bound to be hurt feelings here one way or another.

Does Denver need a center? I've heard them mentioned as a possible trade partner with the 76ers but never any details about how that would work out.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does Denver need a center? I've heard them mentioned as a possible trade partner with the 76ers but never any details about how that would work out.

Yeah, Jokic is a very diverse starting option at center...Plus we got a couple change-of-pace options with Nurkic and Joffrey. Plenty of young talent in Denver just not a whole lot of experience.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly the only thing I want is for Booker to get starting minutes.

I like Booker, and I think his minutes will gradually increase each year, but I just don't think he's ready for 30+ minutes a night yet.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Celtics.....

1. Too many guards (trade one or two to the Sixers for a big guy)
2. Need a rim cleaner (Get one of the Sixers 5 or 6)
3. Need an athletic forward with an outside shot (Not Love)

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nets

PF a question mark
Back-up Center
Perimeter Defense

If the Nets were my team, the list would look like this:

1: Brook Lopez can't defend and he has a hard time staying healthy
2: nobody else can play
3: there is no light at the end of the tunnel thanks to the Pierce/KG trade.