• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POST PLAYOFF THOUGHTS

li0lsh

Hoopla Cash
$ 737.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Jumbo is the clear captain of this team. Showed up every game and a clear leader to this team.
2. Get rid of Heatley and his cap. Buy him out if you have too--obviously not worth it. $8 million for a third liner--pathetic
3. Defense needs a LOT of work. Slow-sluggish and seem unaware of the play at times.
4. Niemi didn't steal games that he needed to. While Nabby would do that occasionally, he just couldn't muster it with our defense.
5. VERY questionable on TMac not putting Braun or Demers in. Really want an explanation.

GET DEFENSE DOUG WILSON. I said this before the season started and on March 1st. I knew that we wouldn't win the cup with the defense we had. Too slow. Too too slow for Vancouver.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Loosing Demers was huge for the Sharks. The Demers/Vlasic pairing was the best defense pair the Sharks had and those two worked very well together. Vlasic had no chance of being remotely as effective paired with Huskins.

li0lsh

Hoopla Cash
$ 737.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously-the team can't go far with $28 million invested in 4 guys.

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember on/around July 1st when we were all sitting there hoping Dougie would snag some defensemen... and they were all all going to Vancouver... and we were like... uhh.. Dougie?

How fucking ironic... that the team that signed people YOUR SORRY ASS SHOULD HAVE beat you.

What a shitty GM... did you fucking resign yet?

li0lsh

Hoopla Cash
$ 737.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember on/around July 1st when we were all sitting there hoping Dougie would snag some defensemen... and they were all all going to Vancouver... and we were like... uhh.. Dougie?

How fucking ironic... that the team that signed people YOUR SORRY ASS SHOULD HAVE beat you.

won't ever happen unfortunately =(

naes666

Fuck Raffi Torres
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
only one thought, why are we here again?

we won one more game in this series than last year, not good enough.

Ties5o11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Proud of the Sharks. Yes they could be better on D. Yes they could have used a little more offenes from the 2nd tier (non-Thornton or Marleau players)... but in the end damn proud of how they played.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Proud of the Sharks. Yes they could be better on D. Yes they could have used a little more offenes from the 2nd tier (non-Thornton or Marleau players)... but in the end damn proud of how they played.

Same here. The series should still be going. The Sharks deserved better. Can't blame the effort tonight.

CaptainTrashy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
So Long to Nitty, Wallin, Huskins, and Mayers...dont know what to think of Wellwood and Eager, but they will probably be gone also...time for some new talent

bdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well i'm not proud... I am not proud that this team continues to flip over and die in the playoffs. They are probably the worst best team in the history of sports if not they are definitely top 3. I'm proud of individual players however as they were able to step up and show a lot of heart every night. I'll be more proud however if they dump this clump of shit doug wilson and get someone that understands Defense wins championships..... Other than that I've just raised my standards even higher... win the cup, or it's a wasted season thats it.

Slimpikins

Well, fuck it
Hoopla Cash
$ 330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well i'm not proud... I am not proud that this team continues to flip over and die in the playoffs. They are probably the worst best team in the history of sports if not they are definitely top 3. I'm proud of individual players however as they were able to step up and show a lot of heart every night. I'll be more proud however if they dump this clump of shit doug wilson and get someone that understands Defense wins championships..... Other than that I've just raised my standards even higher... win the cup, or it's a wasted season thats it.

Atlanta, Columbus, Minnesota. Sharks are no worse than fourth :think:

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. A team can be built around Jumbo. He is officially sick of losing and has shown consistent high level effort.

2. Sharks need to get faster, everywhere. A team with Heater, Pavs, Clowe, Wallin, Murray playing significant minutes is a slow team. Wallin is a goner, how about the other slow guys?

3. Re-sign Seto to another short deal. I'm not sold on him either way. He shows flashes over a few games then goes MIA for a few games. Either way, he's speedy and gives Jumbo the right hand shot to pass to.

4. Nemo is set. He made me eat crow. At $3.8, he's playing up to his salary. Nitty is now a waste of $2.

5. Wellwood is a good third line player. He doesn't know how to shoot, but if Todd is trying to play a puck possession game, Wellwood fits right in to this. If Todd wants three scoring lines, instead of two scoring lines and two checking lines, Wellwood fits right in. If he wants more than $1.5, see ya.

6. White also fits the puck possession mold. Sucks for him his D partner was Wallin. If he had an average partner, he'd be better. If he wants more than $4, see ya. He might be affordable, but he is part of the solution, if the solution is to get a faster blueline corp.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
1. A team can be built around Jumbo. He is officially sick of losing and has shown consistent high level effort.

2. Sharks need to get faster, everywhere. A team with Heater, Pavs, Clowe, Wallin, Murray playing significant minutes is a slow team. Wallin is a goner, how about the other slow guys?

3. Re-sign Seto to another short deal. I'm not sold on him either way. He shows flashes over a few games then goes MIA for a few games. Either way, he's speedy and gives Jumbo the right hand shot to pass to.

4. Nemo is set. He made me eat crow. At $3.8, he's playing up to his salary. Nitty is now a waste of $2.

5. Wellwood is a good third line player. He doesn't know how to shoot, but if Todd is trying to play a puck possession game, Wellwood fits right in to this. If Todd wants three scoring lines, instead of two scoring lines and two checking lines, Wellwood fits right in. If he wants more than $1.5, see ya.

6. White also fits the puck possession mold. Sucks for him his D partner was Wallin. If he had an average partner, he'd be better. If he wants more than $4, see ya. He might be affordable, but he is part of the solution, if the solution is to get a faster blueline corp.

1. agreed. Jumbo changed a whole lot minds with his play. of course, he could use to score more, but he was certianly alot less afraid to shoot and his heart was amazing.

2. Agreed, but particularly on D. I thought their forwards held their own. It was the pylons on D that hurt a ton.

3. I think seto is solid. Depending on the money, I could sign him long term, particularly if its around 2M per. However, I also could see him traded in a deal for a defenseman. He has had a fair amount of time to develop into a legit scorer, much like michalek did, and has followed a similar trajectory to milan. Seems to smell of trade...

4. Agreed. nemo is solid. he wasnt spectacular, but I dont blame him and he was fabulous in several of the games. I feel fine with him in net for the nxt 4 years. And, yes, that means that nitty needs to go or at least bury his 2M in the minors. he is too expensive for his role, and the sharks need his salary in other areas.

5. Agreed. i like wellwood and for 1M, he's worht keeping.

6. Agreed on White. He's a keeper. had he been there since training camp, it might have been something great. He isnt the top pairing guy they need ,but he is a solid #3 or 4. 3.5M or less. I would expect 3 yrs, 10M as I dont think he can command 4M even on the open market and I am sure he'll take a few hundred K discount to stay with the sharks. he seems happy here and he fits the team well.

The sharks are not a lost cause, and I am excited to see who emerges next year. Demers two years ago, cooch this year. Clowe and seto 3 years back.... every year there is someone who raises their game and takes a prominent role. There are a half dozen or more prospects who might do that next year. Aside from Boyle, the rest of the team is still in its prime (jumbo and patty have maybe 1 or 2 years before significant decline should set in). it wont take too too much to push them over the top. BIIIG offseason for dougie this year.

caliraftdude

Sharks Hockey... meh...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A---fucking---men

+1

and adding White towards the end of the season when it was clear the over-investment in the two worst D-men in the league is not a suitable excuse. We all felt that we could not go deep last year with the D we had, and it was pretty apparent that would be the case this year.

I have no problems with Murray, Demers, Pickles, White, and Boyle.. and I believe the issues we saw with Murray and Boyle energy wise were direct results of covering for a weak d-man partner and poor back-checking by some forwards who need to go.

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's crazy how the Sharks were 5-0 in OTs at one point. That was fun.