• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Post in This Thread If You're a Cowboys Fan in Texas

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most people from California are loaded. Especially the hardcore fans. And you need to be loaded to go to a Cowboys' game these days. Besides that, there are as many bandwagon Niner fans as there are Cowboy fans all over the US. I expected many 49er fans to be at that game, but I didn't expect it to be that many. This wasn't even like the few times the Packers came to Dallas or when Pittsburgh did either. Those fans were just plain loud but it wasn't a stadium full of them. Yesterday, it was almost half 49er and half Cowboys fans. I don't think I have ever seen that before.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of the issue is people get an opportunity to make a quick buck and probably get one and one half times the money they paid for a ticket and because great franchises travel well plus as Earls said so many bandwagon fans This likely to happen at least 2 or 3 more times. I have a bad feeling when we play the Texans we will see the same thing because Texans fans think their our rival. They will likely be wearing their Battle Red uniforms (ketchup red...so ugly) and the stadium will be filled with little red clowns. Lets not let this happen fellas. I PLAN ON MAKING THE TRIP FROM HOUSTON TO SUPPORT MY BOYS!!!! MIGHT EVEN GO AND GET A DEZ JERSEY.

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
? = how many seats are there in ~Jerrah-World~ compared to the average stadium,....my pats games are usually $old-out because it's a 68,000/seat stadium vs. 80/90/100-thousand.

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there were many pats fans in Miami too, but that didn't help [us].......*SOB*.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly to the last three posts. Now the reason I call to end this thread is it pits fan against fan. Blaming a partial group of fans for a loss does no good. We are all fans of the dome team. Yes we all want a true home field advantage but the design if Jerry's World and the price make it difficult to have. Lower the price so Joe the Mechanic and Bill the Plumber can afford to attend a couple of games we will get the noise needed. As it is now only wealthy conservative business men/women can afford these games and their not making noise even if they have the stadium 85% filled.

Until Jerry realizes this we have no home field advantage.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In 2012 it cost a family of 4 $635 to attend a game. Maybe us fans outside of Dallas can start a ticket charity to help the locals afford to go to games.

I'm not about to blame the fans for Jerry's fuck ups.

Exactly..try a family of 6 in 2014....

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While clearly you can't single out fans for not going (The OP and myself could have gotten on a plane if we felt so strongly about it and didn't) it is an ongoing issue. The lack of a home field advantage has been a problem for this team for quite a while, so it is a legit point. The fact is that Jerry is a smart form a money making point of view to sell the seats to the highest bidder, but there is a negative impact as well. I think if you are a 49er fan in Dallas you don't mind paying a boat load of money to see your team once every few years and if you are a Cowboy fan in Dallas you figure why spend $xx for this game when I can go to another one for cheaper. Or if you are a season ticket holder and someone offers you a big chunl of change for one game you can use it to offset your annual cost. The resale market for sporting events has made this an issue all over, or at least by me...

However, there where obvioulsy a ton of Cowboy fans there too. I don't think it was the 49er fans booing Garrett for running out the clock at halftime...

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While clearly you can't single out fans for not going (The OP and myself could have gotten on a plane if we felt so strongly about it and didn't) it is an ongoing issue. The lack of a home field advantage has been a problem for this team for quite a while, so it is a legit point. The fact is that Jerry is a smart form a money making point of view to sell the seats to the highest bidder, but there is a negative impact as well. I think if you are a 49er fan in Dallas you don't mind paying a boat load of money to see your team once every few years and if you are a Cowboy fan in Dallas you figure why spend $xx for this game when I can go to another one for cheaper. Or if you are a season ticket holder and someone offers you a big chunl of change for one game you can use it to offset your annual cost. The resale market for sporting events has made this an issue all over, or at least by me...

However, there where obvioulsy a ton of Cowboy fans there too. I don't think it was the 49er fans booing Garrett for running out the clock at halftime...

Now you I can place blame on. You are a famous person and can afford to travel.:lol::yahoo:

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most people from California are loaded. Especially the hardcore fans. And you need to be loaded to go to a Cowboys' game these days. Besides that, there are as many bandwagon Niner fans as there are Cowboy fans all over the US. I expected many 49er fans to be at that game, but I didn't expect it to be that many. This wasn't even like the few times the Packers came to Dallas or when Pittsburgh did either. Those fans were just plain loud but it wasn't a stadium full of them. Yesterday, it was almost half 49er and half Cowboys fans. I don't think I have ever seen that before.

Nothing to do with that, but it has more to do with 9ers fans can spend $1k to come to one game, where as a local fan family isn't going to spend $15k to go to all of them. So there will be more games where Dallas fans outnumber the visitors. It's easy to splurge on one game, harder to splurge on season tickets/PSL's.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was under the impression this was the first time we hosted San Fran since 2008.

And so you basically had a shit load of 49er fans who were not going to miss the first time the 49ers are going to play in what is one of the most famous stadiums in the world.

It could be years before they get their chance again.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My comment still stands

do some honest research and then come back with an answer. The NFL promotes the reselling of tickets on Stubhub. The cost of going to 1 game at Jerry world is out of the average fans budget. With a 30 year PSL and season tickets selling some of your season ticket package is the only way to afford to go to the games you want to go to. As I said Before Jerry brought this on himself with the cost of the new stadium and the new cost of season tickets. Its not going away anytime soon.

AND HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE LOCAL FANS SUPPORTING THE TEAM !!!!!!!!!!!!!

CarlSr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty confident it's not simply a money issue. Anyone that could afford a PSL and multiple season tickets over multiple seasons, probably isn't doing too bad for themselves.

I think a lot of it is local fans that are tired of the Cowboys not winning big in so long. I listened to a caller on the Ticket today essentially state as much. I think there's plenty more like him, and fans of other teams are taking advantage. It's pretty sad, even though the Cowboys probably haven't had a wild home crowd since the Cotton Bowl days.

bigdaddytorr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
do some honest research and then come back with an answer. The NFL promotes the reselling of tickets on Stubhub. The cost of going to 1 game at Jerry world is out of the average fans budget. With a 30 year PSL and season tickets selling some of your season ticket package is the only way to afford to go to the games you want to go to. As I said Before Jerry brought this on himself with the cost of the new stadium and the new cost of season tickets. Its not going away anytime soon.

AND HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE LOCAL FANS SUPPORTING THE TEAM !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Look, I don't argue the fact that higher ticket prices has an impact.... but that's a small part of the blame. No other team has this issue (unless they play the Cowboys, Steelers, Packers, or Niners). Texas Cowboys fans just don't represent well enough.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look, I don't argue the fact that higher ticket prices has an impact.... but that's a small part of the blame. No other team has this issue (unless they play the Cowboys, Steelers, Packers, or Niners). Texas Cowboys fans just don't represent well enough.

I will just agree to disagree. Its the cost of the tickets and the size of the stadium IMHO

Otis B. Driftwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty confident it's not simply a money issue. Anyone that could afford a PSL and multiple season tickets over multiple seasons, probably isn't doing too bad for themselves.

I think a lot of it is local fans that are tired of the Cowboys not winning big in so long. I listened to a caller on the Ticket today essentially state as much. I think there's plenty more like him, and fans of other teams are taking advantage. It's pretty sad, even though the Cowboys probably haven't had a wild home crowd since the Cotton Bowl days.

I heard that caller as well as the email from the guy that sells a couple game ticket packages every year to basically fund his annual season ticket outlay. Sell three games... go to five and defray his costs. I sure as hell don't blame him nor anyone who does the same... nor the fan that won't pay those ridiculous prices.

If Jerry is gonna make money - why can't Joe Fan?

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard that caller as well as the email from the guy that sells a couple game ticket packages every year to basically fund his annual season ticket outlay. Sell three games... go to five and defray his costs. I sure as hell don't blame him nor anyone who does the same... nor the fan that won't pay those ridiculous prices.

I agree Otis.

CarlSr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh I think Joe fan has every right to make a buck. I think other fans have every right to give him a hard time for it as well. Joe fan doesn't get to have it both ways.

bigdeal701

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read somewhere just yesterday that the average cost of a Cowboys home game was highest in the NFL. I hate to break it to the OP, but most Americans can't afford those prices. With the cost of around 700 bucks for a family of 4 to watch a game, do it 8 times a year, that's a years worth of car payments on a decent car. I understand why poor people can't go and why middle class people won't. Jerry needs to ease off the greed a bit.