• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Post Draft Question

DurbanPoison2121

I'm just here so I won't get fined.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL Draft is done and now that the dust has settled...How do you feel your team did in the draft? What was your favorite pick, what was the one you are hoping your team develops well, and which pick had your scratching your head?

As a Niners fan, it blows my mind that only after RW leaves do they address the OL with seriousness...but I thought they picked two good OT. I thought they went developmental in their draft because they seemed to get a lot of athletic players who need some seasoning, i.e. Woolen. Walker is going to be a problem!

Interested to hear your thoughts on the draft.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL Draft is done and now that the dust has settled...How do you feel your team did in the draft? What was your favorite pick, what was the one you are hoping your team develops well, and which pick had your scratching your head?

As a Niners fan, it blows my mind that only after RW leaves do they address the OL with seriousness...but I thought they picked two good OT. I thought they went developmental in their draft because they seemed to get a lot of athletic players who need some seasoning, i.e. Woolen. Walker is going to be a problem!

I think we drafted well. Little ironic about drafting a couple tackles after Russell is gone.

I honestly think trading Russell actually had a lot to do with you guys. I think watching you guys go to the NFC championship game, being one should have been interception away from heading to the Super Bowl, with average-below average QB play was confirmation that it can get done without a superstar QB. There were too many holes so patch in this roster to get it done and pay Russ, so trade him while they can get max return. Build solid lines on both side of the ball, they have the playmakers at RB and WR, and go hit some people in the mouth.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I loved Seattle's draft. I've jacked off more then once to it.

That said, Wilson has never done any favors for his OL. Now don't get me wrong I'm not hating on the guy and he's the best QB in Seattle franchise history, but he drops WAYYYY back, holds onto the ball FOREVER, is IMO one of the worst QBs at pre-snap reads, and doesn't go for easy passes. His incredible arm strength/accuracy deep down field and agility allows him this playstyle, but I have a funny feeling that is going to start fading. Teams are not fooled by his spin moves anymore, and Duane Brown visibly yelled at him several times over the last 2 years because he was not checking down and holding onto the ball for 8+ seconds.

Seattle's OL has gotten a lot of criticism but IMO a good chunk of that criticism should be on Wilson. I remember a game last year where Seattle had a tight end 5 yards past the line of scrimmage. WIDE open (literally no defenders within 10+ yards). Just sitting there lol... guy looked like he was collecting welfare. Wilson threw to him after like 6+ seconds had passed. He was visibly looking for a 30+ yard bomb...

All said, this is about the draft. IMO Waldron was calling the shots with the offensive picks Seattle drafted this year. Lucas/Cross are mobile OTs which fits Waldron's scheme and Walker was just flat out needed because Carson will (and should, no need for the ambulance on the field) be cut. Bryant and Woolen will get coached up by the secondary mastermind and could both be steals of the draft.

I would NOT be surprised after this year if Seattle brings in a veteran QB. Their offense outside of the QB position is STACKED (Metcalf, Lockett, Fant, Penny, Walker, the new OL) at the moment and Cross/Lucas with 1+ year of experience and Seattle with 2 1st rounders and a SHIT ton of cap room? LOL, wouldn't be surprised if Rodgers is in Seattle next year at this point. Or they'll just sign Mayfield when he's released in the next couple weeks (I don't want Mayfraud but whatever).

Last edited:

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I actually think it's the best draft we've had in many years.

They finally made smart picks instead of getting cute and reaching for players. Here are my thoughts on each pick.

Charles Cross: I think he'll be a franchise LT. He'll struggle with run blocking initially, but at LT that's less of a concern.
Boye Mafe: Personally I see him as a boom or bust type guy. I would've rather taken Ojabo, but he doesn't fit Carroll's delusional opinion that this team will be a contender.
Kenneth Walker: IMO he was the best HB in the draft. Seahawks are still super high on Penny, but I've heard from a member of the coaching staff that they haven't heard a word from Carson regarding his health which tells me he probably will never play again.
Abraham Lucas: I liked the pick a lot because he's an elite pass protector. It's just a matter of if he's able to hold his own against the run. I think it makes more sense given that the Seahawks extended Will Dissly, who is one of the NFL's best run blocking TEs.
Coby Bryant: It'll be interesting to see how the CB battle plays out, but I think there is a strong possibility that Bryant becomes a starter by the end of the year at the latest.
Tariq Woolen: Boom or bust selection. I like him taken here because if he isn't able to channel his athleticism into becoming a good CB, oh well it's just a 5th round pick.
Tyreke Smith: Meh, seems analysts like his potential more than I do. With Darrell Taylor, Uchenna Nwosu and Boye Mafe ahead of him at the rush spots, I don't see that he'll be able to make much of an impact barring injuries.
Bo Melton & Dareke Young: Both are 7th round picks who the Seahawks can gamble on and hope one of them makes an impact.

People joke about how the Seahawks address the offensive line after Wilson's departure, but they've never really had the draft capital to draft a franchise left tackle while he has been with us. Additionally with the exception of Damien Lewis, the Seahawks have drafted extremely poorly at offensive line during the entirety of Carroll's tenure. I think the bigger surprise is that they drafted two tackles who are great pass protectors but lacking in run blocking when Carroll has stressed going back to the ground game.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I loved Seattle's draft. I've jacked off more then once to it.

That said, Wilson has never done any favors for his OL. Now don't get me wrong I'm not hating on the guy and he's the best QB in Seattle franchise history, but he drops WAYYYY back, holds onto the ball FOREVER, is IMO one of the worst QBs at pre-snap reads, and doesn't go for easy passes. His incredible arm strength/accuracy deep down field and agility allows him this playstyle, but I have a funny feeling that is going to start fading. Teams are not fooled by his spin moves anymore, and Duane Brown visibly yelled at him several times over the last 2 years because he was not checking down and holding onto the ball for 8+ seconds.

Seattle's OL has gotten a lot of criticism but IMO a good chunk of that criticism should be on Wilson. I remember a game last year where Seattle had a tight end 5 yards past the line of scrimmage. WIDE open (literally no defenders within 10+ yards). Just sitting there lol... guy looked like he was collecting welfare. Wilson threw to him after like 6+ seconds had passed. He was visibly looking for a 30+ yard bomb...
I couldn't have said it better myself.

Wilson started bitching about the offensive line after he had the best pass protection of his career. The irony is that whenever he had a clean pocket to throw from, that's when it seemed he struggled the most. Many of the sacks that Wilson took were self imposed.

IMO Wilson is a top-5 QB in the NFL, but these deficiencies you pointed out are what holds him back from being "top-5 QB" to being in the conversation of "best QB in the NFL." I also believe that teams know Wilson won't hit the middle of the field between 5-15 yards past the line of scrimmage because they know he can't see that part of the field unless he's outside the pocket.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we have 4 instant starters, which would be a huge boost to our depth/team... Cross, Lucas, Walker, Bryant...