• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL: What is our biggest need this offseason?

What is our biggest position of need this offseason?

• QB

Votes: 3 6.7%
  • RB

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • WR

Votes: 10 22.2%
  • Guard

• Tackle

• Center

Votes: 5 11.1%
  • NT

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • DE

• CB

Votes: 25 55.6%
  • SS

Votes: 1 2.2%

• Total voters

NinerFan52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm assuming we lose Boldin...

4lifer9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I have to say CB cause I am assuming Brown/Rogers/Wright/Cox won't be back after next season. Coupled with Culliver regaining his ability after an ACL

JMedlock5186

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
10 to 1 the QB vote was Sickness. lol

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offensive Coordinator.

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
WR IMO is our biggest need. Having a faster, big play threat receiver could really open this offense up. We pretty much have Crabtree and an old Boldin and both of their contracts are kind of question marks. Both of them are very similar too. Crabtree worries me that he might bolt or hold out because of how he was like as a rookie.

CB is hard to argue with though and I can see why that is getting a lot of votes. That is right behind WR in my opinion.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

JPurthe1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
What about ILB? With Bowman out for awhile I think it is a big need.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
WR IMO is our biggest need. Having a faster, big play threat receiver could really open this offense up. We pretty much have Crabtree and an old Boldin and both of their contracts are kind of question marks. Both of them are very similar too. Crabtree worries me that he might bolt or hold out because of how he was like as a rookie.

CB is hard to argue with though and I can see why that is getting a lot of votes. That is right behind WR in my opinion.

I think our defensive strategy is to have elite pass rushers, and average CBs. CBs like Culliver, Brock, Cox, etc. Unless we luck out in the draft I see us having all of our CBs of that caliber. I think also our strategy will be not to overpay for any CBs.

We'll also draft a SS high and go with a young tandem at safety.

WR I could see us going first round, maybe even trading up for one of the bigger 6'5" WRs. Would be nice to have a stud 6'5" WR on the team. Make him the go to guy to win the big ones. We don't have a jump ball WR. What do you guys like of Kelvin Benjamin? I think I would have rather had him (right now straight out of college) going after a jump ball in the corner of the end zone over Sherman rather than Crabtree.

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
WR I could see us going first round, maybe even trading up for one of the bigger 6'5" WRs. Would be nice to have a stud 6'5" WR on the team. Make him the go to guy to win the big ones. We don't have a jump ball WR. What do you guys like of Kelvin Benjamin? I think I would have rather had him (right now straight out of college) going after a jump ball in the corner of the end zone over Sherman rather than Crabtree.

Not a bad choice. I like Mike Evans a lot more though and he's just as big. Evans might be tough to draft by where he is projected to go so my 2nd choice would be Jordan Mathews (he's good and Rice's cousin!)

JMedlock5186

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Center. CB and WR are as well but another year with Goodwin will make me have a coronary

jarrod49

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think its about even at WR/SS/CB. I think brown, whitner and Rodgers are gone so they need replaced. I think we resign Boldin but we still need that 3rd guy that can take the top off and make the defense worry about the long pass.

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It's got to be CB, but a strong second pick would have to be Center... It was really frustrating to see the line get consistantly stood up the second half of the season. I know a lot of that has to do with teams stacking the box, but I still think we need some mean nasty attitude added to the line...

Chamoanlad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about ILB? With Bowman out for awhile I think it is a big need.

With Patrick Willis still there it's not too big of a need. Michael Wilhoite played pretty well for Willis when he was out and since he's a RFA I think he'll be back and fill in for Bowman until Bow is ready. Depending on when they can finally do the surgery Bow has an outside shot of being ready for game 1 and at worst he'll be back in October/November.

When thinking of biggest need I'm looking at what can be the biggest impact and I believe WR is what can make the biggest change for the team. CB is a big one too, but our defense is a good group even if we went with Culliver and Brock as our starting duo. A good fast WR can make a bigger impact imo.

49er4life1979

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to say CB cause I am assuming Brown/Rogers/Wright/Cox won't be back after next season. Coupled with Culliver regaining his ability after an ACL

I agree. A lockdown CB would be very nice to compliment our already vaunted pass rush.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Patrick Willis still there it's not too big of a need. Michael Wilhoite played pretty well for Willis when he was out and since he's a RFA I think he'll be back and fill in for Bowman until Bow is ready. Depending on when they can finally do the surgery Bow has an outside shot of being ready for game 1 and at worst he'll be back in October/November.

When thinking of biggest need I'm looking at what can be the biggest impact and I believe WR is what can make the biggest change for the team. CB is a big one too, but our defense is a good group even if we went with Culliver and Brock as our starting duo. A good fast WR can make a bigger impact imo.

I don't know much about defense, so is this selling Bowman short? I know that Willis is great, but what Boman does has to make this position a question, right? I know that Bowman lives in Willis's shadow, I'm just wondering how much but he does is unnoticed or underappreciated.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a bad choice. I like Mike Evans a lot more though and he's just as big. Evans might be tough to draft by where he is projected to go so my 2nd choice would be Jordan Mathews (he's good and Rice's cousin!)

Agreed.