• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Podcasts that everyone should listen to:

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My personal favorites:

Dan Carlin Hardcore History - I have listened to all of them and many of them multiple times. They are simply awesome if you like history but don't like dry lectures. His Mongol series is still free for download and I would recommend it as the perfect starter. They are long but never get boring. He does this canvas and topic perfectly. Great for road trips.

Stuff You Should Know - this one is just fun if you have a little nerd in you. They range from 20-40 minutes so good for the drive to work.

The Drunken Taoist - good range if stuff, funny and smart, skip the first ten min as they do all of his ads then, but give it a shot

Common Sense with Dan Carlin - this one really makes you think but if you have too much allegiance to either major political party, you won't like it. You should probably listen to it, but you won't like what you hear. It is very eye opening but not patronizing, condescending of bomb throwing.

Stuff They Don't Want You To Know - this is a video podcast and is about 3-6 minutes long. It is a bit quirky and stretches your logic but its a fun little thing to watch.

Pretty much all of the podcasts put out by HowStuffWorks.com are good but the girls who do the history one are just terrible.

I started to listen to Joe Rogan's show but only when he has guests on that I like (Tony Bourdain, Dan Carlin, Maynard James Keenan, etc...)

For the real history nerds out there, Mike Duncan's "The History of Rome" is great but a little dry. It is like 200 episodes long but in 15-20 minute bits and if Rome is your thing his approach is really nice. He recently started a new one on the history of Revolutions in Europe and it is good as well.

What else do you guys listen to?

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My personal favorites:

Dan Carlin Hardcore History - I have listened to all of them and many of them multiple times. They are simply awesome if you like history but don't like dry lectures. His Mongol series is still free for download and I would recommend it as the perfect starter. They are long but never get boring. He does this canvas and topic perfectly. Great for road trips.

What else do you guys listen to?

I think this is the guy that my buddy swears to.
Does he have one on the Romans and the Nazi's too.
This has to be the same guy.
I'm going to start listening.