• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Please keep Brandon Marshall away from microphones for as long as he's here

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really just had to go on live radio, and make negative news for this team on what should be a positive day.

Why is everything so difficult with this guy? As soon as adversity hit, he's in the news every week for something like this.

It's just… why dude? The outbursts are worrisome to me. Going after Chris Harris physically two days in a row in practice, the Lions fan thing, the constant confrontation with media now, and whatever the hell really happened in the locker room that day.

I'm really going to try and be neutral here guys, as I came on way too strong about him before. But am I really that dumb to think there's ANY SEMBLANCE of a trend forming here? Anything???… an INKLING? Perhaps…???

This is all very similar to how his behavior was described in Denver and Miami, IMO. The outbursts, unable to control emotions, threats of violence, and even violence in some cases… Just hoping it doesn't lead to that, but why do I soon feel I'll wake up to that being front page news?

I have an open mind here people. If you think I am seeing things that aren't there… than I'll back off. :suds:

thunderspirit

KFFL expatriate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I don't think you're overreacting.

Maybe he really does have borderline personality disorder, I dunno — I'm not a qualified much of anything when it comes to psych evals. But I'm beginning to wonder whether B-Marsh is the best con man I've seen in a long, long time. His "naw, dude, that's not me, it's just my disorder" routine every time he does something goddamned stupid just serves to give more ammunition to those who love to stigmatize people who struggle with demons every day.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think your totally overreacting. He is a little nuts. I thought you knew. He is a top notch WR. We need more like him.

C

cubzzzfanincali

I wouldn't mind if he was kept away from microphones and TVs, except for the highlight reel. I don't want or need to ever hear him speak about anything again.

Wounded Bear

Pilgrim on a Moutain Top
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Brandon Marshall and I think he happened to call an ESPN Sports Talk guy a "clown" when the ESPN Sports Talk guy was acting like an unprofessional clown. He made a claim that the Bears organization is "afraid" of Brandon and are simply waiting for him to do something catastrophic. Then the ESPN Talk guy states that there was a time when Brandon called a press conference when Halas Hall expressedly asked him not to. Brandon said that the team had NEVER asked him to not hold a press conference and that the ESPN guy didn't know what he was talking about, which he didn't. The interview falls apart from that point forward.

I think Brandon has always been somewhat of a wild card when it comes to being interviewed, but ultimately I think the guy has a good heart. More relevant to me and the Chicago Bears, he is a consummate professional who trains hard and is serious in his approach to the game.

If he wants to call an assclown an assclown, that's perfectly okay with me. As a matter of fact, I think this is just another bullshit incident for bored people to exercise false outrage.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An NFL WR is batshit crazy.

In other news, water is wet.

:happy:

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think Marshall has a borderline disorder, I think it has publicly been reported an actual doctors call.
I think Marshall had his meds going pretty good when he was on an even keel, but the past 6 weeks his emotions have blown up and thrown things out of balance.

Dirk

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think he's any different than he always was(here that is, I think he's different than he was going as far back as when he got to the dolphins) there just isn't that force of personality keeping him in check the past two years and hes pushing for what he can get away with.

Don't think he's gonna be front page rayray style, but until someone comes in that can command respect with strength of leadership he's gonna slip into prototypical superstar WR mode/attitude.