• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Please bring Frank back!!!!

jarrod49

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really hope that if Frank still wants to play we bring him back. He showed last night that he still has some left to give and I want Frank to retire after wearing only one jersey!!!!!

Plus my 5 yr old will be devastated if his favorite player leaves the niners. (he plays tackle football and chose 21 this year)

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really hope that if Frank still wants to play we bring him back. He showed last night that he still has some left to give and I want Frank to retire after wearing only one jersey!!!!!

Plus my 5 yr old will be devastated if his favorite player leaves the niners. (he plays tackle football and chose 21 this year)
:agree:I second the motion!

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is possible Gore could be back. Two things I see coming into play. How much money Gore wants and what role does he expect to have with the team. I suspect the 49ers are looking to save cap money with his contract coming off the books and aren't going to want to spend alot and they probably also want to increase Hyde'use next year.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope he comes back, but is he willing to take less money? I'm sure other teams noticed last night that he still has left in the tank and can be productive. If he comes back, would he accept the role of splitting carries with Hyde (50/50). There are several teams that could use him. I hope he comes back, but if he doesn't, I hope he signs with a team that has a chance to win the Super Bowl. I want Gore to win one. He is a class act1

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree:
I hope he comes back, but is he willing to take less money? I'm sure other teams noticed last night that he still has left in the tank and can be productive. If he comes back, would he accept the role of splitting carries with Hyde (50/50). There are several teams that could use him. I hope he comes back, but if he doesn't, I hope he signs with a team that has a chance to win the Super Bowl. I want Gore to win one. He is a class act1

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a game by Frank. Great job. I think they bring him back on a 2 year deal in the 6-8 mill range(3-4 mill a year)

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His name is Frank Gore..................from the U !!!!

Sign him or lose the soul of the team.

Go Frank Go !!

:suds::clap:

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His name is Frank Gore..................from the U !!!!

Sign him or lose the soul of the team.

Go Frank Go !!

:suds::clap:

I think that if we give him another contract, that he would be willing to honestly earn his position while being given ample opportunity to do so. I don't think this locker room would be ok with Gore being thrown out on his ass despite an obviously incompetent OC who has somehow managed to ignore our team's strength and yet Gore STILL produces when given more then scattered carries. The thought that Gore gave his soul to this team his entire career, came out of The U early despite two torn ACLs in two years so he could pay for his mom's dialaysis (sp?) and cried and thanked every person, janitor included when the Niners offered his first contract extension within the first month eligible to do so , probably played through about 6 concussions without anyone knowing until this last one, which had to knock him out COLD, is almost talked about as a God in this locker room, and the Niners WOULDN'T offer a fair contract with an even fairer opportunity to earn his keep would be disgusting.

My opinion of the upper management would change dramatically if they let Gore walk without offering him a fair contract for a fair chance to get carries.

StoningtonQB

ESPN Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the rate this team gets injuries they'd be crazy not to keep him

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Your 5 year old plays TACKLE football?!?

Good luck with that.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
IMO it isn't about the money, it is only what role? the 49ers will not let him continue being the primary back, they'll tell him Hyde will be and if you want 20%, lets talk? so if you're Gore, what do YOU do?

if I'm Gore, I see if another team is interested in using me? whether a starter (probably not) or at least RBBC, see ya 49ers! it is a pride thing so he will play less even for another team.

If no other team is interested, i'll retire thank you.

sorry, the 49ers have to look ahead and remain competitive. they can't be sentimental like fan, this is the NFL.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope he's back, too, but obviously we can't spend too much money on an old running back. It would be great to have him around to be a mentor for Hyde, who hopefully will be our next great Niner running back.

jarrod49

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your 5 year old plays TACKLE football?!?

Good luck with that.

yes both my 8 and soon to be 6 yr old play. 8 played qb and safety and 6 played qb and de this year.

my profile picture is of my oldest team 2 years ago when we won the divisional championship.

jarrod49

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[/ATTACH]

Attachments

• holding9.jpg
    holding9.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 56
  • holding10.jpg
    holding10.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 46

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I hope he's back, too, but obviously we can't spend too much money on an old running back. It would be great to have him around to be a mentor for Hyde, who hopefully will be our next great Niner running back.

because Hyde played so much this season, mentoring shouldn't be much of a factor. Not saying it isn't one, or it won't help, but that isn't enough to keep Gore on.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
because Hyde played so much this season, mentoring shouldn't be much of a factor. Not saying it isn't one, or it won't help, but that isn't enough to keep Gore on.

There will probably be other backs to mentor as well. Hyde probably has more to learn, too. In addition to the mentoring, another reason I like the idea of bringing back Gore is that it would be a little extra piece of continuity and stability for a team that will be undergoing massive changes this offseason. On top of all that, I think Gore can still be effective in limited action.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
There will probably be other backs to mentor as well. Hyde probably has more to learn, too. In addition to the mentoring, another reason I like the idea of bringing back Gore is that it would be a little extra piece of continuity and stability for a team that will be undergoing massive changes this offseason. On top of all that, I think Gore can still be effective in limited action.

IF Gore returns that's fine, but IMO he isn't.

anyway, wanted to comment on "massive changes". Yes we'll lose vets like every season, but not all are critical losses? Don't feel Crabtree will be a big lost, neither V. Davis assuming he doesn't have unknown injuries? I personally like Brooks, but if they were willing to trade him earlier, then he wouldn't be a critical lost either.

Even losing Iupati doesn't seem as critical just a year ago? he is still good but now you really have to factor in his cap hit. Justin Smith isn't as effective so even if he retires......Gore will no longer be the primary back.

Wait......there is one area that might take a 'critical' dip, veteran leadership?

Next year the "core" of this team may very well lean to this year's draft class.

Last edited by a moderator:

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way the 49ers pay him another $6 million per year, then again no other team will either. So I say he probably comes back on a 1 year deal.

Gore signs for a one-year deal. That's doubtful. There are teams that can use his productivity and leadership. I think he still has a couple of good (not great) years left. I don't know how much a pay cut he is willing to accept, asides from less carries. I hope he comes back, but I would rather have him sign with a team that has a realistic chance of winning the Super Bowl.