• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Playoffs?

ThruTheEyesOfRuby

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nevermind the division lead, which is a possibility. I just looked at the wildcard seedings, which I pretty much discounted.

As of today, Green Bay (7-3) and Seattle (6-5) hold the two WC spots. The other teams which are ahead of the 'skins (TB, Minnesota and NO) are all teams we've beat in head-to-head matchups this year.

I'm not counting the chickens before they hatch... just sayin'. It's not out of the question!

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh no. It is definitely not out of the question. I think our best bet is to win the division. But an outside shot with 4 wins and 1 division loss is not out of the question. There is not a game left on the schedule that terrifies me. We all know how inconsistent this team can be (especially on defense) and we know how the NFL goes. Washington has the ability and team to win every game they have left, or lose them all. It all will fall on how well the defense can play. They have been decimated by injries and the secondary was pretty bad to begin with.

Hoping the Packers win tonight, so Eli and Co. can continue reeling. The Monday night game next week vs. the G Men will be huge.

EDIT: Haven't been on here since Thanksgiving. It was a joy to see RG3 run roughshod on Jerry's Boys. I only hoped that after the half they would have ran 'em outta the building and won by 40.

Last edited by a moderator:

ThruTheEyesOfRuby

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully GB stroked the Giants ego enough that they won't come in hungry for the monday night game. I'm looking at the silver lining.. if the Giants had lost at home, they might be coming into the game @ Washington more hungry than I'd like. (Sure, losing a game on them in the standings isn't good but, like I said, the silver lining is that maybe the Redskins can get a good jump on them and win the game. A tie in head-to-head matchups being one of the first tie-breakers in the event we finish with the same record as them.)

hokiehi21

DC sports are cursed
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No idea where to put this but i assume it might slightly impact our playoff chances; Cedric Griffin suspended four games

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, it's a loss, but not an enormous one IMO. He was mostly used in 3 receiver sets and he (along with the entire secondary) isn't a world beater. Hopefully the rookie Crawford can step up his game. Shouldn't see as much of 3 WR sets in the final 4 games (I don't think) with the exception of Dallas.

Holy shitballs! This team actually has a decent chance of getting in the postseason, just have to keep winning, starting with the Blackbirds...Then the Brown-eyes, Iggles and Cowpies for all the marbles.

Last edited by a moderator:

ThruTheEyesOfRuby

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know, right? I'm quietly optimistic. Looked at TB's schedule and, apart from the final game versus Atlanta, it looks pretty easy. (vs Philly, @ N.O., vs St. Louis) They've been pretty close in all their losses this season too. I'm keeping a wary eye on them. Dallas plays Cincinnati and Pittsburgh the next two games, two teams jostling for position within their own division.

As far as Cedric goes... lol, oh well. Guess we should count ourselves lucky he'll be available for the postseason, should there be one. Which right now... I'm trying not to get to excited.. but I have to admit, I'm feeling good about it.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huge win on an exciting comeback. Mad props to Cousins for keeping the dream alive. Looks like RG3 tweeked his knee a bit a couple of plays prior to the one he came out on. Hopefully he will be back soon. Didn't look like it woulda tore anything but you never know about those things. I have had two knee surgeries (ACL) and they are both non-contact football injuries. My early guess would be a twisted/sprained knee. Oddly enough though, I feel OK about Cousins vs. Cleveland if it has to be.

HTTMFR!!

hokiehi21

DC sports are cursed
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cleveland has won 3 in a row. They're a confident team now just like the Skins. Hope our guys dont overlook them. They're very physcial.

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skins need to take the Browns serious.
Praying for RG3
Cousins can play well enough to win a game if need be.

Just so nice to have exciting football again

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I'd never been a fan of the Ravens, but fuck that team and their piece of shit fans. Some of the mouthiest piece of shit rat-turds I've ever had the misfortune of watching any game with.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skins need to take the Browns serious.
Praying for RG3
Cousins can play well enough to win a game if need be.

Just so nice to have exciting football again

Oh I agree, Just saying..if Cousins had to play a game, I would rather it be vs. the Browns rather than the Falcons, Texans, any NFC East foe :wink: know what I mean.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I agree, Just saying..if Cousins had to play a game, I would rather it be vs. the Browns rather than the Falcons, Texans, any NFC East foe :wink: know what I mean.

Your right, but the Browns have one of the best defenses in NFL, especially of late. And their offense is getting better every wk. If Cousins plays it is no guarantee and the Browns right now just want to ruin every other teams playoff shots.

hokiehi21

DC sports are cursed
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I'd never been a fan of the Ravens, but fuck that team and their piece of shit fans. Some of the mouthiest piece of shit rat-turds I've ever had the misfortune of watching any game with.

Hahahaha careful, those are your fellow O's fans you're talking about.

ThruTheEyesOfRuby

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your right, but the Browns have one of the best defenses in NFL, especially of late. And their offense is getting better every wk. If Cousins plays it is no guarantee and the Browns right now just want to ruin every other teams playoff shots.

That's pretty much how I'm looking at it right now. Tough road game with playoff drama with Cousins at the helm. Definitely not looking past them. Or Philly for that matter.

ThruTheEyesOfRuby

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
rg3hurt.gif

Phew... glad it wasn't worse.

Good to have Pierre Garcon back..

captainkirk.gif

Kirk Cousin's 2 pt conversion:

kirk2_medium.gif

Richard Crawford's 64 yd punt return to set up Kai Forbath's FG:

D Redskins, 64-yd, punt return - NFL Videos

(Have to wonder if Brandon Banks had mixed feelings about seeing that.)

hokiehi21

DC sports are cursed
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cant believe they didnt bench Banks sooner. Catching punts at the 1, taking kickoffs from 7 yards deep in the endzone out to the 14 routinely. Cant remember the last huge return Banks had.

Fuhgeddaboudit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFC East is so dangerous right now. Worried about any loss for the Giants. Hate to say it, but the Redskins scare me for future years.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cant believe they didnt bench Banks sooner. Catching punts at the 1, taking kickoffs from 7 yards deep in the endzone out to the 14 routinely. Cant remember the last huge return Banks had.

Banks has been a decent enough Redskin, but I was surprised he wasn't cut in the pre-season. He is nothing more than a KR, and a #6 WR. With the new kickoff rules there is little reason to pay someone to basically only return kicks (Devin Hester being the exception). But even Hester is a better WR than Banks.

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cobra_Kai.jpg

Came into work this morning after a couple days off and my co-worker (who is a Lions fan) decided I needed a new desktop image. Compared to others that he has given me, this is fucking awesome!! I think I'll keep it for a while.

(How fucking nice is it to have a GOOD kicker?!)