• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Playoff Experience

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After talking about the playoffs a lot lately, it got me thinking as too how many players on the 49ers actually have playoff experience. I tried to do some research and it takes quite a while and not even sure I had all the info.

But it seems there are only about 4 players on the roster that have playoff experience. J. Smith and Ginn are the bigger names with about 1 game each.

Do you guys think this will factor into anything? Basically are whole team is void of any playoff experience. Will they crumble under the pressure? Im not sure what kind of effect this will have of the guys, as Harbaugh will have their heads screwed on and players like willis, Gore, and VD will play like its their first and last playoff game. Either way though i believe getting the number 2 seed is crucial, if we get our first game at home where the players will feel more comfortable, then it could help as the playoffs progress. What do you guys think?

Last edited by a moderator:

polfnikufesin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
They might not be experienced, but they will damn sure be hungry!

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Damn straight, thats one thing about this team. They will always come to play!

luckyluke22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Goodwin went to the Super Bowl as a starting Center w/ the Saints.

Swain just went to the Super Bowl with the Packers.

I'm sure Akers has a little experience with his 4 NFC championship games.

But you're right, there's not a lot of experience across the board. You have to start somewhere though!

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goodwin went to the Super Bowl as a starting Center w/ the Saints.

Swain just went to the Super Bowl with the Packers.

I'm sure Akers has a little experience with his 4 NFC championship games.

But you're right, there's not a lot of experience across the board. You have to start somewhere though!

Totally forgot Goodwin and akers when i was posting this :L. I am an idiot lol

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think nerves can be the death knell for players in the playoffs, especially in the SB. The playoffs bring a heightened sense of everything. The stage is bigger, the atmosphere is bigger, the lights are brighter and the stakes are higher; and, the nerves are bigger too.

The nervousness of some first time players is calmed with the first hit, while some nervousness can impact a players performance for the entire game. Playoff experience (or a HC that dresses up like a bellman) can help in calming a players nerves and thus help prevent nervous mistakes.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hungry as hell!!! thats for sure.

We do have a limited playoff experience, thats for sure.

However, I feel we are discipline enough to overcome the nervous feel or anxiety. I think if anyone were to fall into the pressure, might be Goldson, Alex and Vernon.... just because they may try too hard or too much when they really don't have to. That's based on their character from my perpective.

But if the overall mood from the bigger names or the more confidence the team shows, i wouldn't hold the playoff experience as a disruption to them.

The fact we are pretty discipline, i feel that will overthrow the doubts or trigger fingers.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
u know, i kinda wish we still have spikes on the roster. can't believe (well he did play for cincy) he hasn't been to the playoffs at all

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

yep.

play-off experience is a factor but always felt overrated factor? to me, being hungry is a bigger factor.

i suspect its one big reason SB winners find it hard to repeat? they can't quite generate HUNGER the following season?

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
hungry as hell!!! thats for sure.

We do have a limited playoff experience, thats for sure.

However, I feel we are discipline enough to overcome the nervous feel or anxiety. I think if anyone were to fall into the pressure, might be Goldson, Alex and Vernon.... just because they may try too hard or too much when they really don't have to. That's based on their character from my perpective.

But if the overall mood from the bigger names or the more confidence the team shows, i wouldn't hold the playoff experience as a disruption to them.

The fact we are pretty discipline, i feel that will overthrow the doubts or trigger fingers.

yeah, likely affect Alex Smith the most.......not only because of his 'jittery' past, but just playing QB?

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, likely affect Alex Smith the most.......not only because of his 'jittery' past, but just playing QB?

That's when Harbaugh needs to do his job and coach Alex up and set him straight for the playoff run.

mufasa76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

i think so too! he seems a bit OFF during the beginning of games and then gets better with time-usually the second half...I hope he can shake that off.....

Who can make a play? I can ..... lol

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That's when Harbaugh needs to do his job and coach Alex up and set him straight for the playoff run.

they'll need to call HIGH percentage pass plays to start the game, to me, even if it means 'check down'. just the first 2 or 3 passes should do it?

mufasa76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

True but everyone has a measuring stick and can only get "that" good....i think we have maxed with this one..

Suprise me Snooki...prove me wrong

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
For me it's more of a veteran experience thing than playoff experience thing. For the most part I think this team will be okay with its strong locker room. Justin Smith and Patrick Willis will carry the defense. Don't worry about Rogers.

I do worry about Alex Smith. I could see him going ultra conservative and stall the offense. Our WR's worry me too. So does VD's hands. So does the right side of the line. Gore needs to be healthy and carry us.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
For me it's more of a veteran experience thing than playoff experience thing. For the most part I think this team will be okay with its strong locker room. Justin Smith and Patrick Willis will carry the defense. Don't worry about Rogers.

I do worry about Alex Smith. I could see him going ultra conservative and stall the offense. Our WR's worry me too. So does VD's hands. So does the right side of the line. Gore needs to be healthy and carry us.

yep, being his first play-off game, i could see Alex Smith getting more "conservative", holding the ball even longer.

no doubt, if we can establish the run or at least get it effective, thats huge for Alex and the passing offense.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they'll need to call HIGH percentage pass plays to start the game, to me, even if it means 'check down'. just the first 2 or 3 passes should do it?

i'd like to see us start a game like we did against tampa.

jakea31

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Wow, it has been a long time since we talked about the 49ers and playoffs. For nine seasons, this has been a depressing time of year for football. Anyone else excited about seeing 49ers football in January?

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, it has been a long time since we talked about the 49ers and playoffs. For nine seasons, this has been a depressing time of year for football. Anyone else excited about seeing 49ers football in January?

What do you think? haha

Man i cant wait for the first playoff game! :bounce:

Def will be treating it like a party, plenty of food and beers around the house that day. Been so long and its hard to get in the playoffs might as well celebrate it!

jakea31

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
What do you think? haha

Man i cant wait for the first playoff game! :bounce:

Def will be treating it like a party, plenty of food and beers around the house that day. Been so long and its hard to get in the playoffs might as well celebrate it!

LOL, I just realized an hour ago that the season is almost over, but not ours!!!