• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

playoff bliss week , bucs pregame

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell no Tom, this season has told us our secondary (whether you believe or not) is not giving up 295 yard through the air to Tommy & Co. Believe brother, believe will you!

I'm trying!

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From ESPN:

What to watch for: Can Washington pressure Buccaneers quarterback Tom Brady? Sacks don't tell the whole story, but Brady is 26-7 in his playoff career when sacked two times or fewer and 4-4 when sacked three or more times.

Like I said previously, Brady’s effectiveness goes
way down if you get to him 3 times.

Blitz on every play in the opening series until you hit or sack brady 3 or more times. The worst case scenario is thaf the Bucs score a touchdown. The best case scenario is you rattle the heck out of Brady and make the bucs more one dimensional.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reality is that the Bucs may not even need to try for 295 yards through the air. If they can get a 10-14 lead by half, if I am them, I pound the ball as much as I can because I don't see the WTFs offense making up that deficit with our QB situation.
You may be right JY however, its one game and I just don't see it. You actually may see the best defense played by WASH all year, you just never know. Sounds like you are giving us no chance to win. You stick to that and I'll stick to believing and having faith in a WASH win!

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Almost wish I didn’t know all this now...

I am no doctor but I know the fact that the guy is playing at all is incredible. I know nothing about the danger of him breaking the leg again but I knew he had lost lots of muscle in his leg and they took muscle from other areas. I have seen this through a very close family friend and you do NOT go back to normal.

I said a couple of weeks ago this might be the beginning of the end. I still think that. A key thing IMO that doctor said is the brace makes it hard for him to push off. If he is having trouble pushing off his throwing mostly with his arm .... no wonder there are so many short passes.

I had been 100% him starting because of his experience versus a guy that has almost no experience. Starting to rethink this now that I know he has trouble pushing off due to the brace ..... add some injury and it is worse.

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
defend the short and medium passes and go after him he can't run

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
defend the short and medium passes and go after him he can't run
Which is why we are in a quandary. TB knows about Alex so do you play a very inexperienced guy that may and I emphasize may open the D up a little bit.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am no doctor but I know the fact that the guy is playing at all is incredible. I know nothing about the danger of him breaking the leg again but I knew he had lost lots of muscle in his leg and they took muscle from other areas. I have seen this through a very close family friend and you do NOT go back to normal.

I said a couple of weeks ago this might be the beginning of the end. I still think that. A key thing IMO that doctor said is the brace makes it hard for him to push off. If he is having trouble pushing off his throwing mostly with his arm .... no wonder there are so many short passes.

I had been 100% him starting because of his experience versus a guy that has almost no experience. Starting to rethink this now that I know he has trouble pushing off due to the brace ..... add some injury and it is worse.
The calf injury is the straw that broke the camel’s back because he was passing it deep OK for him before. If you look at the first touchdown to McLaurin, that was pretty strong and 40 yards. OK, maybe 30. But he has a 42 yarder to McLaurin and that didn’t look like it was floating there. So not comparing the ZIP to another quarterback, but it seems like without the calf injury, he can get a 30-40 yard pass without issue and zip. (Obviously, he can throw 30 to 40 yards now, even with the calf injury, I’m talking about also having zip.)

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which is why we are in a quandary. TB knows about Alex so do you play a very inexperienced guy that may and I emphasize may open the D up a little bit.

I want Smith to start. If he only plays for one series, I’m fine. I don’t think his calf will mess up one drive.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want Smith to start. If he only plays for one series, I’m fine. I don’t think his calf will mess up one drive.
I asked a week or two what brought you here pretty much knowing the reason. I think it is great you like Smith. I like the team. Several weeks ago Alex was throwing it around better. Still checking down a lot but able to throw the ball downfield better.

A couple of things have happened, the NFL knows he can't get away from anyone. He hasn't been able to slide in the pocket much. I appreciate what he did. I would have bet anything that he was never going to play again. I had to throw a pair of pants out when Aaron Donald jumped on his back. I respect what he has accomplished. I had a nephew playing D-II ball that snapped one bone (compound fracture) and it ended his career. The dude can't move though and now seeing the brace makes a guy with a bad calf have a hard time pushing off .....

I was the one last week telling everyone to take a chill pill, this is Redskin football this year .... so it isn't like I haven't backed the guy. All that said I think JPP and Suh eat his lunch if he plays or he is trying to throw passes all the way to the LOS. Heinicke would be a great story if he played and it went well. Not sure that I have a lot of faith in that either. At least he would be able to open the D a little bit. Tall task either way. I am leaning towards the young guy.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I asked a week or two what brought you here pretty much knowing the reason. I think it is great you like Smith. I like the team. Several weeks ago Alex was throwing it around better. Still checking down a lot but able to throw the ball downfield better.

A couple of things have happened, the NFL knows he can't get away from anyone. He hasn't been able to slide in the pocket much. I appreciate what he did. I would have bet anything that he was never going to play again. I had to throw a pair of pants out when Aaron Donald jumped on his back. I respect what he has accomplished. I had a nephew playing D-II ball that snapped one bone (compound fracture) and it ended his career. The dude can't move though and now seeing the brace makes a guy with a bad calf have a hard time pushing off .....

I was the one last week telling everyone to take a chill pill, this is Redskin football this year .... so it isn't like I haven't backed the guy. All that said I think JPP and Suh eat his lunch if he plays or he is trying to throw passes all the way to the LOS. Heinicke would be a great story if he played and it went well. Not sure that I have a lot of faith in that either. At least he would be able to open the D a little bit. Tall task either way. I am leaning towards the young guy.

If he weren’t hurt and people were wanting Heinicke, I’d have said Smith should play the whole game. I am not a Washington fan but I want them to win. If Smith coming out is needed to accomplish that because of his injury, then that’s what should happen.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think we all WANT to see Smith light it up tomorrow. What an amazing comeback story THAT would be!

I’d settle for a well played game with some great throws and savvy vet moves too.

Just as long as Chase Young introduces himself to the GOAT.
Multiple times, preferably.
:nod::heh:

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you start the young guy and bring in Alex if it becomes apparent he’s in over his head.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you start the young guy and bring in Alex if it becomes apparent he’s in over his head.
my thoughts exactly