• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Players want to play for winners.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So who's the big winners of FA so far? I'd say its the Denver Broncos and N.E Patriots. Here, you have two great teams that has identified the things that will take them over the top.

After letting Decker, DRC and a few others walk, the Broncos went and added Talib, Ward, Ware and now, Emmanuel Sanders. How does that sound for a team that could easily go without Decker and knows both sides of the ball must continue to be strong? Then they turn around and add three of the best defenders on the market. I'd say this team has prepared specifically for teams like Seattle and that they understand that its important to stay strong on both sides of the ball.

The Patriots? They lose Talib but gain Revis and Browner. What a trade-off. Sounds like teams better have some weapons to move the ball on these guys. Patriots also get Edelman back, which isnt the greatest but its big for them.

Now that these teams have accomplished these things, what's next for them in the draft? You mean to tell me they get to add more players to what they have now? I can see both teams getting some steals at the bottom of the 1st this year.

This should get interesting.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at the $$ in some of those contracts, though. Easy for guys like Talib, Ware, and Revis to go to a Super Bowl favorite when they're going to pay you over $10 million a year to do so...

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its those "win now" contracts. Ward's contract was actually pretty decent. Talib got the money DRC was going to get and Ward's contract is one that they can cut ties with after two years.

The Patriots just took a chance on Revis and if he plays up to his name, he will be worth it. I thought Browners wasn't bad at all.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arizona got a lot better. Id put them above NE. (In Free Agency, they're still Arizona and they still have Carson Palmer.)

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arizona got a lot better. Id put them above NE.

Don't forget about Detroit -- we added Vaughn Martin and Darryl Tapp. I think that puts us ahead of both Arizona and NE, but slightly under Denver.

Quackerjacked

Falcon
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't forget about Detroit -- we added Vaughn Martin and Darryl Tapp. I think that puts us ahead of both Arizona and NE, but slightly under Denver.

And this is an example of why people say you bitch just to bitch. This adds nothing to the conversation and is damn near off topic. It's a borderline troll post.

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When was the last time a bunch of big name fa signing resulted in a superb owl win that year?

Quackerjacked

Falcon
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the Broncos and New England actually did all that much. The Broncos got a little better at safety, pretty much swapped one talented head case for another at corner, and got an aging pass rusher (even though he is good.) New England got marginally better switching one very good corner with head issues for one great corner with injury and age concerns.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talib is better than DRC and the Broncos were weak at Safety. Ware is aging but must be accounted for. The big thing about adding Revis and Browner is that the Patriots can focus on other things.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cleveland.

Their defense will be sick next year with the guys they added plus they added a complementary WR to Gordon and Cameron and a real RB in Tate.

All they need is a game manager type QB and they win their division. Cincy will be their only competition.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And this is an example of why people say you bitch just to bitch. This adds nothing to the conversation and is damn near off topic. It's a borderline troll post.

Those are exactly the posts I'm referring to when I call him out for his passive-aggressive baiting. He's just waiting for someone to take the bait. Unfortunately I'm usually the poor sucker who takes it because I seem to have the least patience for him out of the group here...

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the Broncos and New England actually did all that much. The Broncos got a little better at safety, pretty much swapped one talented head case for another at corner, and got an aging pass rusher (even though he is good.) New England got marginally better switching one very good corner with head issues for one great corner with injury and age concerns.

They got a lot better at CB2, though. Browner can play. Put he and Revis back there with McCourty behind them and they have the makings of a strong secondary.

It's going to kill Rex Ryan having to face his star pupil twice a year...

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah he has Sanchez.

Quackerjacked

Falcon
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They got better, but not drastically so. I like Ward, but I don't think he is great by any means. To me Browner is a question mark. I think the corners in Seattle get a lot of acclaim for scheme and their supporting players.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They got a lot better at CB2, though. Browner can play. Put he and Revis back there with McCourty behind them and they have the makings of a strong secondary.

It's going to kill Rex Ryan having to face his star pupil twice a year...

Browner isn't going to be the CB2. It's 50-50 if he's even the third guy.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Browner isn't going to be the CB2. It's 50-50 if he's even the third guy.
You're on crack.

Dennard, Arrington, and Ryan are fine CBs, but all three a shorter and better served in the slot. Browner is simply a more effective outside CB than any of those three. I assume signing Revis and Browner indicates the Pats plan to play a lot of press-man this season, so be prepared to see Browner starting across from Revis once his suspension is up.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being able to utalize Ryan and Arrington, especially, closer to the line of scrimmage and between the hashes should really pay off for the Pats' D. They both seemed to be at their best playing in traffic and reading the QB, versus running with WRs down the sideline.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dennard is the starter. He's not a slot guy, and he is better than Browner. If Ryan plays well he has a solid chance to beat out browner as well.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dennard is the starter. He's not a slot guy, and he is better than Browner. If Ryan plays well he has a solid chance to beat out browner as well.

I know you probably value your guys more than the rest of us do, but Browner > Dennard. It's not ideal to have a 5'10" starter on the outside no matter how you slice it.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TPaul, what he is saying is Dennard is slated to be the starter in New England. It's not his opinion. It's Bill's.