• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

PLAY GELINAS

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gelinas, Larsson, Merrill, Greene, Zid and whoever.

Really what do we have to lose

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we need to move a Dmen and I'm open to moving Larsson since he may actually bring us someone good to potential great on the offensive end

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Want to know something crazy. When Gelly plays, our PP% DOUBLES. He's also been on the ice for 60% of the team's PP Goals when he's playing.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
this once again falls on the shoulders of louie lams

there was no reason to sign the d he signed this off season and even less reason to keep them now

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

there was no reason to sign the d he signed this off season and even less reason to keep them now

That's not totally true. There were points this season where Merrill, Gelly, and Lars were all playing because vets were injured. And besides Lars none of those guys were proven at all.

I do agree with you that now we need to get space for these guys.

Gelly was sent down so he could play in the A during the Olympic break. Which, if you assume we're going to need to enter seller mode pretty soon, isn't a bad thing. Lou's going to know he needs to make room next year. He could have hoped they were ready this year, but he didn't know. Also, it's hard to hate on our D-Corps when they're one of the better ones in the league. If not the best when Cory is in goal.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
all i know is this

3 d men need to go and they need to put gelnias larrson and merrill into those 3 spots.

whatever 3 d men you want move so be it. just clear the spots let them get their playing time in esp if we are going to miss the playoffs. hell even if we don't miss the playoffs i want all 3 of them in the lineup during the playoffs.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Zids but I would trade him if it meant Gelinas plays every game.

And how Harrold is playing over Gelinas at this point is a disgrace.

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Greene
Volch
Zids
Merrill
Lars
Gelly

Fayne as the 7th.

DevilishWon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Greene
Volch
Zids
Merrill
Lars
Gelly

Fayne as the 7th.

I'd go with that. only change I'd make is trade Fayne and keep harrold as the 7th, But only for cap reasons. Also salvador and Volchenko are interchangeable in my mind...for this purpose

DevilishWon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes because everyone knew 3 young D men would all be NHL ready at the same time.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Zids but I would trade him if it meant Gelinas plays every game.

And how Harrold is playing over Gelinas at this point is a disgrace.

How Harold suits up is a disgrace....

Gelinas, Merrill n Larsson have not only their higher potential card but they also have the played better and much more effective card over Harold...

its numbing...

Moves need to be made soon... be it Greene, Harold(or just let go) or Larsson(yeah i'm still good with moving him for a better return, no old guy though)

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Few things bug me about Lou but his fascination with Harrold is one of em.

There is no other explanation as to why he's playing on a part of our team that is loaded with depth.

If he's gonna play Id really rather see him as a 4th line winger.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
i can kinda understand why lou is playing a train and salvador and stuff like that. how is he going to bench them when they make millions of dollars. what i dont get is why he doesn't make a move on either one of them to open up a spot for a kid.

with harrold i think its just a thing or pride. he didn't have to sign harrold this off season but he did. then hes going to bench or waive him? noway

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i can kinda understand why lou is playing a train and salvador and stuff like that. how is he going to bench them when they make millions of dollars. what i dont get is why he doesn't make a move on either one of them to open up a spot for a kid.

with harrold i think its just a thing or pride. he didn't have to sign harrold this off season but he did. then hes going to bench or waive him? noway

For me as a fan, I think A-train has his place on the defense. I never gripe about him on the offensive end cuz I know and seen his 100% effort hustle on defense. The guy is pretty much our only defensive hitter IMO. While he may get unlucky at times, I don't think its at a high rate nor enough to overshadow his defensive role. Salvador.... that tough, He's not that great IMO ATM but he's the captain and won't leave....

I say Harold and Greene need to go. Harold needs to cuz there's nothing he does thats worth a spot/playing time over our youth in training.

DevilishWon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lou Lou Lou....

Gelinas is on the roster. Up to PDB to play him

Up to Lou to move someone so he can bring Larsson back up

MadCaptain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think a lot of the roster problems are caused by DeBoer. He is infatuated with low talent, high motivation guys like Clarkson, Harrold, Salvador, Bernier, Gionta, etc. because that is how his career was like.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bernier n gionta are good in my books n clarkson finally scored on a contract year...

But rest... Yuck

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
TG says Merrill and Gelly are both in with Harrold and Volch out. Only 6 Dmen dressed. So he'll play a regular shift.