• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pitts columnist calls for AB trade

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pittsburgh columnist calls for Steelers to trade Antonio Brown
Posted by Mike Florio on January 31, 2017, 10:25 AM EST
632618856-e1485876254771.jpg
Getty Images
If the messages being sent by the Steelers via leaks to the media aren’t enough to prompt other teams to call about a possible trade for receiver Antonio Brown, maybe something more direct is needed. Like, for example, a column in the city’s leading newspaper arguing that Brown should be traded.

Ron Cook of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette recently opined that the Steelers should try to trade Brown, due to the salary cap and the reality that, as Brown approaches his 29th birthday, a decline could be coming. Some of the assertions contained in the column, however, should make any potential buyers wary.

Pittsburgh columnist calls for Steelers to trade Antonio Brown

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Posted by Mike Florio on January 31, 2017, 10:25 AM EST
632618856-e1485876254771.jpg
Getty Images
If the messages being sent by the Steelers via leaks to the media aren’t enough to prompt other teams to call about a possible trade for receiver Antonio Brown, maybe something more direct is needed. Like, for example, a column in the city’s leading newspaper arguing that Brown should be traded.

Ron Cook of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette recently opined that the Steelers should try to trade Brown, due to the salary cap and the reality that, as Brown approaches his 29th birthday, a decline could be coming. Some of the assertions contained in the column, however, should make any potential buyers wary.

Hey, over here !!!!!.....Yes, we'll take him off your hands.....:nod:

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's the point of this really? The window is linked to Ben- not AB. Ben goes that's not even a 7 win team with Landry. If Ben really retired and you draft a QB- the situation is so favorable for a rookie QB that they'd still be a viable playoff team, even if they took a few steps back in the interim.

If Ben stays, AB is valuable to the Steelers
If Ben leaves, AB is valuable to the Steelers

The Steelers are not the Browns.

Seems like talk-radio caliber trolling to me.

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's the point of this really? The window is linked to Ben- not AB. Ben goes that's not even a 7 win team with Landry. If Ben really retired and you draft a QB- the situation is so favorable for a rookie QB that they'd still be a viable playoff team, even if they took a few steps back in the interim.

The writer seems to think AB's success is attributed to Ben.....I don't agree although Ben is good at extending plays while receivers get open....I don't think Landry could be successful as the starter, but then, I don't think Ben is retiring either....He wants some changes and I think he will get them...AB is the reason we didn't make the playoffs this year with one outstanding play....I don't know if we could afford him, and it could be that Pitts needs that cap space for other things and feel they can win without him as long as Ben is there...

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is writer with a pipe dream.

The Steelers window as a SB contender is closing with whatever amount of years Ben decides to play, 1, 2, 3...certainly no more than 3 if that many.

AB pissed off a lot of people in the 'Burg with his FB video, but his self promotion antics have been building for quite some time....Obviously outside of Ben and Bell, he's the key to winning football games the way the Steelers are currently built.

I saw a mock sporting Corey Davis (WR from W. Mich) to PIT...with the Steelers need for an edge rusher, at 1st glance I thought how stupid would that be...but after thinking about it for a bit. IF they got a mid round #1 for Brown and got one of the stud edge rushers, draft this WR @ 30 and get Bryant reinstated for Ben...they might not drop off that much.

Not saying I would do that, but it gave me pause.

But...if Ben leaves, I think I'd trade Brown and try to stack the DEF to buffer the rough ride.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow a receiver is a self indulgent douche bag?? Shocking. What in the fuck could you possibly get in return for Brown that would be equal value? Get real.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles offer #15 for Brown and a 3rd.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams offer Tavon Austin and a pick TBD (day 3 this year or day 2 next year).

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow a receiver is a self indulgent douche bag?? Shocking. What in the fuck could you possibly get in return for Brown that would be equal value? Get real.

You don't get equal value.

If that was Julio, as good as he is, he'd be run out of town on a rail. Blank doesn't want divas.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everybody, go ahead and put yer dicks away, it ain't happenin'

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The writer seems to think AB's success is attributed to Ben.....I don't agree although Ben is good at extending plays while receivers get open....I don't think Landry could be successful as the starter, but then, I don't think Ben is retiring either....He wants some changes and I think he will get them...AB is the reason we didn't make the playoffs this year with one outstanding play....I don't know if we could afford him, and it could be that Pitts needs that cap space for other things and feel they can win without him as long as Ben is there...

Idt think either player is going anywhere.

It would take a season maybe for another QB to get the timing and trust Ben and AB have, but imo Brown would be a pro bowl caliber player with another good QB.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Julio Jones for AB straight up!

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hahaha. I'm sure the Steelers would do that... Atlanta not so much
I wouldn't even do that for Brown and a number 1. How many other elite wideouts are calm, don't demand the ball, never get into trouble and are great teammates? Honestly the list is probably so small you could count it on one hand. And that's like all time, not just right now lol

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, what's with OJB and these dislikes ???....No one is trying to steal AB from you, we're merely responding to the article that was written about it....Lighten up dude, it'll be ok !!!! :rolleyes2:

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This post made me wonder....are there any top tier NFL WRs that are not self-indulgent douche-bags.

I came up with two for sure. Julio Jones and Larry Fitzgerald.

Maybe Demaryius(sp) Thomas. There are probbaly others, but I'm not knowin.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say do it Brown is another Holmes a fast WR who is made better by Big Ben. You could get a first from a team(Rams come to mind if they had one) who is desperate for a WR and sit back and laugh.