• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pittman Jr - Should I pick up?

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But @fightinfunbags he did get Chase so there is some "comfort" in my getting the 6th pick and him the first lol

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You can try trades...

i.e.
Najee or Stevenson plus Smith or Olave for an upgrade.... then add Pittman. Or Baker and a WR for a better QB.

But in a 6-teamer, that might be difficult. Pittman probably isn't the only talent out there. Any given week there will be loads of points on waivers. But you can try.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can try trades...

i.e.
Najee or Stevenson plus Smith or Olave for an upgrade.... then add Pittman. Or Baker and a WR for a better QB.

But in a 6-teamer, that might be difficult. Pittman probably isn't the only talent out there. Any given week there will be loads of points on waivers. But you can try.
I am very shocked I got Smith considering one of my buddies is a huge Eagles fan

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can try trades...

i.e.

Those are all replacement level players in a league with Pittman on the WW.

Nobody trading for those guys.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those are all replacement level players in a league with Pittman on the WW.

Nobody trading for those guys.

Maybe. Maybe not. No harm in an offer

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe. Maybe not. No harm in an offer

Agree, in league size this small, never know who someone might prefer in the same tier, but I think it would be improbable to land an upgrade by packaging 2 of your lessor players - there's guys of the same value available on the wire

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tried to post leagues rosters but it wouldn't let me and I am not going to write down every teams players individually on here

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You could always just bail on the league and never say anything.

Like you did with us and baseball this year.

I totally blanked on the season that's for sure :L:L

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree, in league size this small, never know who someone might prefer in the same tier, but I think it would be improbable to land an upgrade by packaging 2 of your lessor players - there's guys of the same value available on the wire

Improbable, yes. We don't see the other five teams of five WR/RBs either though.
Always start trades in a place of convenience, I say. Others begin negotiations with soft offers. Maybe someone is lacking RB. Waiver is full of WR, but there's only two "starting" RB left...or a few more if two from one team have been drafted, but I digress.

Paying up for a QB might be the better aim.

Point being, in a league this small, "overpaying" isn't a terrible idea.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Improbable, yes. We don't see the other five teams of five WR/RBs either though.
Always start trades in a place of convenience, I say. Others begin negotiations with soft offers. Maybe someone is lacking RB. Waiver is full of WR, but there's only two "starting" RB left...or a few more if two from one team have been drafted, but I digress.

Paying up for a QB might be the better aim.

Point being, in a league this small, "overpaying" isn't a terrible idea.

I think there is an art there.

You start off with a bad offer and often the other owner gets offended and doesn’t bother a counter.

Offer the last 3 guys on your bench for a starter and the conversation is over before it starts.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there is an art there.

You start off with a bad offer and often the other owner gets offended and doesn’t bother a counter.

Offer the last 3 guys on your bench for a starter and the conversation is over before it starts.

Bad offers of any kind are bad offers. I didn't suggest that combo would net him Henry or anything... I wouldn't lowball a QB upgrade offer in a 2QB