• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pitch Clock

All-Star Benchwarmer

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,979.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This will probably drive the purists absolutely nuts...

It' definitely bugging me, along with these other "improvements" to the game that just aren't needed. Yeah, I was the kid who would watch The Baseball Bunch, This Week in Baseball, two full games on TV, and then go out and play pick up baseball until the street lights came on.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baseball is 162 games long. Shortening the games themselves can only work.

I've also long suggested that baseball needs a channel that flips back and forth between top fantasy players. Similar to red zone.

Most people care more about daily fantasy than the game itself.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as I dont care for these changes to the game but baseball is starting to die the numbers being pulled for the WBC is getting better ratings than the MLB. We need more runs being scored and put on the board as the best days during baseball was during the steroid era. I am not condoning doing steroids but this game needs to make a change by adding more runs. It worked wonders for the NFL giving offenses more momentum to score.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baseball is 162 games long. Shortening the games themselves can only work.

I've also long suggested that baseball needs a channel that flips back and forth between top fantasy players. Similar to red zone.

Most people care more about daily fantasy than the game itself.

impossible to do in baseball because teams own their tv... MLB doesnt... NFL is only able to do things like that because teams dont own their tv rights

with that said, i do agree... a centralized real time highlight channel would be awsome for baseball...

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not certain there is an appetite for a “MLB RedZone” product. Baseball, more than any other sport, is super regional. Fans tend to be Cardinal fans or Yankee fans or Giants fans more so than baseball fans. The NFL is more about the game than the individual teams.

steveringo

People's Front of Judea
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welp... Here's an odd one... They may need to revisit the rule again...

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am all for tweaking the rule. But in that situation, he looked like he was taking his own sweet time getting back in the box.

I am not a huge “watch the clock” guy, though, so adding a few seconds is AOK with me.

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,948.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This just proves change is hard for everyone to adopt to. But to tell the truth I wasn’t a fan at first of the pitch clock when I first heard of it. But after opening day I like it a lot. Less standing around and more action with the pitch clock and I like it

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This just proves change is hard for everyone to adopt to. But to tell the truth I wasn’t a fan at first of the pitch clock when I first heard of it. But after opening day I like it a lot. Less standing around and more action with the pitch clock and I like it
I am essentially an anarchist when it comes to the flow of the game. I like the game to go at its own pace. Don’t pressure this. Don’t pressure that. Just let it do what it wants to do. But players (both pitchers and hitters) have become peacocks. So maybe implementing SOMETHING is not a bad idea. Either way, I don’t have a strong opinion, so I am good with either decision.

But in the universe where the pitch clock exists, I think more exceptions are probably needed. If a new ball is requested by the catcher or batter, “3” seconds should be added (whatever amount). If the pitcher requests a new ball, “4” seconds are added. If the pitched ball goes out of play, an additional “5” seconds are added. If a run is scored, “5” seconds are added. Etc, etc, etc. and again, whatever values are deemed appropriate is AOK by me. But having a foul ball have the same clock as a generic strike or ball doesn’t make sense to me.

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,948.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am essentially an anarchist when it comes to the flow of the game. I like the game to go at its own pace. Don’t pressure this. Don’t pressure that. Just let it do what it wants to do. But players (both pitchers and hitters) have become peacocks. So maybe implementing SOMETHING is not a bad idea. Either way, I don’t have a strong opinion, so I am good with either decision.

But in the universe where the pitch clock exists, I think more exceptions are probably needed. If a new ball is requested by the catcher or batter, “3” seconds should be added (whatever amount). If the pitcher requests a new ball, “4” seconds are added. If the pitched ball goes out of play, an additional “5” seconds are added. If a run is scored, “5” seconds are added. Etc, etc, etc. and again, whatever values are deemed appropriate is AOK by me. But having a foul ball have the same clock as a generic strike or ball doesn’t make sense to me.
I agree with you when you say let it go at it’s own pace but we live in a day where people don’t want to spend 4 plus hours at a ball park. And I think this is a step in the right direction. People have other things to do then spend four hours at a ball park they want to go to the park and be still be able to do other stuff that day

Coily1

Reported to Moderḁtors
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,007.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But now, how will the Astros have enough time to steal the signs and relay them to the trash can lid guy?!

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a leisurely outdoor game for a nice sunny day

LET'S SPEED IT UP AND GET IT OVER WITH ALREADY! LET'S GO BACK INSIDE!
Fucking cunts screwed up our Ace.

This shit is so dumb who the fuck is going to watch a 2:27 hour game that wasn't going to watch a 3:07 hour game?

Whomever thought of this should kill themselves. Helps no one, hurts everyone.

In the shrillest of voices "But it's hurting everyone equally." That's what the retards say.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What does that do for the game at the stadium?
Probably sucks. Did they lower the ticket prices 20% to compensate for the 20% less entertainment??

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as I dont care for these changes to the game but baseball is starting to die the numbers being pulled for the WBC is getting better ratings than the MLB. We need more runs being scored and put on the board as the best days during baseball was during the steroid era. I am not condoning doing steroids but this game needs to make a change by adding more runs. It worked wonders for the NFL giving offenses more momentum to score.
Lower the fucking mound then.

There are simple solutions and there are retarded solutions. No surprise here that the leaders are picking the retarded ones.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you when you say let it go at it’s own pace but we live in a day where people don’t want to spend 4 plus hours at a ball park. And I think this is a step in the right direction. People have other things to do then spend four hours at a ball park they want to go to the park and be still be able to do other stuff that day
Bullshit. You can't support your claim. People DO want to spend time at a park. No one wants to spend 2 hours at a park watching a shell of a formerly great game. Driving to, getting in, and out of the stadium takes longer than that. Many people go down early and drink in the lot. It's an event. Not something to rush through so you can get back to sitting on your ass at your house.

Picklerick 2.0

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fucking cunts screwed up our Ace.

This shit is so dumb who the fuck is going to watch a 2:27 hour game that wasn't going to watch a 3:07 hour game?

Whomever thought of this should kill themselves. Helps no one, hurts everyone.

In the shrillest of voices "But it's hurting everyone equally." That's what the retards say.
Just had to check the scores. Did philly lose? Yep. Carry on with your rant.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just had to check the scores. Did philly lose? Yep. Carry on with your rant.
As you can easily see if you don't have early on set dementia, my complaint does not begin with Nola shitting himself about the rule.

You rush something and you get a worse result. Go rush your pancakes right now. They will be shit.

Picklerick 2.0

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As you can easily see if you don't have early on set dementia, my complaint does not begin with Nola shitting himself about the rule.

You rush something and you get a worse result. Go rush your pancakes right now. They will be shit.
Actually, the comment I quoted you on DOES indeed begin with Nola shitting himself about the rule. Your words verbatim. "Fucking cunts screwed up our ace".