• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pirates promoting Skenes

ThomasTomasz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's time to move on from the bigger bust of Michael A Taylor as well. And Grandal. And Suwinski. And...
Does Taylor at least still play CF defense well? About the only one I’ll cut slack on is him, but it has to be pretty damn good defense for him to be hitting that light. I didn’t know it was that bad……..and with a .303 BAPIP

Diamondeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's time to move on from the bigger bust of Michael A Taylor as well. And Grandal. And Suwinski. And...

The only legit regulars in the lineup are Reynolds and Cruz. Everyone else needs upgraded.

ThomasTomasz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only legit regulars in the lineup are Reynolds and Cruz. Everyone else needs upgraded.
Lousy Rowdy has not been so lousy since June, 159 and 144 wRC+ in June and July. But yeah, a lot of upgrades needed. I haven’t really dug into their roster but yikes.

Diamondeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lousy Rowdy has not been so lousy since June, 159 and 144 wRC+ in June and July. But yeah, a lot of upgrades needed. I haven’t really dug into their roster but yikes.

He did virtually nothing the first two months of the season. Regardless, he's not going to factor in much beyond this season.

Hayes and Henry Davis busting is a killer because there isn't much in the way of hitting talent in the upper minors, and they're obviously not going to sign anyone of significance.

ThomasTomasz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He did virtually nothing the first two months of the season. Regardless, he's not going to factor in much beyond this season.

Hayes and Henry Davis busting is a killer because there isn't much in the way of hitting talent in the upper minors, and they're obviously not going to sign anyone of significance.
I wouldn’t call Davis a bust yet, but they need to make a determination if he’s a catcher or outfielder at this point. Focusing on one can still save his development.

Hayes is terrible. Completely overrated even as a prospect and never should have gotten a contract like he did.

Even some bats along the margins like Tommy Pham would be helpful. If they can sign guys like Aroldis Chapman, they should be able to do that…..but I know it doesn’t help for this year.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That Cruz kid is gonna be nice! Was very impressed with him this weekend. Had some young kid mistakes but he is an extraordinary talent.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That Cruz kid is gonna be nice! Was very impressed with him this weekend. Had some young kid mistakes but he is an extraordinary talent.
There's a lot to like about Cruz, though I don't think he's long for shortstop. I just think he's too big and not mobile enough for short, but they have Hayes at 3rd. Move him to one of the outfield corners? He has a rocket of an arm. There's a lot to like about his batted ball stats, but he really needs to cut down on the K's and chasing. Doesn't help he's had injuries that have slowed his development. He's a good player right now.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't overlook Nick Gonzales. Smart 2nd baseman both offensively and defensively, with some power. Clutch situational hitter.