• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pirates promoting Skenes

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The maintenance innings until they called up Skenes was laughable. The Marlins are doing the same thing with Max Meyer. These kids getting dragged along by their organizations for service-time manipulation is getting out of control.

hopefully MLB will do what they did with Rutschman as a rookie and reward these players a full year of service time

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Officially starting ASG
Craziest part - he’s played 11 MLB games and no one should have any issue with this. When you look at the arms that won’t be available to pitch he really was the best choice. He’s the guy everyone wants to see and we get to see him against top of AL order

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Craziest part - he’s played 11 MLB games and no one should have any issue with this. When you look at the arms that won’t be available to pitch he really was the best choice. He’s the guy everyone wants to see and we get to see him against top of AL order

Yeah, if I’m a hitter I’m asking to bat 9th

Think McFly Think

Unaware and Oblivious Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5th rookie ever to do so
That was good trivia, calsnow guessed all my guesses before I had a chance to make it in there, that’s one of my favorite threads on here even for the learning experience/passing on trivia to friends and family too. I know you partake with your Dad, same. Lol

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was good trivia, calsnow guessed all my guesses before I had a chance to make it in there, that’s one of my favorite threads on here even for the learning experience/passing on trivia to friends and family too. I know you partake with your Dad, same. Lol
Yeah it's a two way street, my dad gives me ones that I bring here (like that one) and vice versa lol

Think McFly Think

Unaware and Oblivious Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah it's a two way street, my dad gives me ones that I bring here (like that one) and vice versa lol
Yeah, I message him sometimes if I and he have time about the older generations of players. He’s a pretty big baseball nut.

If they’re not well known HOF’ers, they are pretty much out of my wheelhouse but when I see the answers I always read about the players afterwards.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I message him sometimes if I and he have time about the older generations of players. He’s a pretty big baseball nut.

If they’re not well known HOF’ers, they are pretty much out of my wheelhouse but when I see the answers I always read about the players afterwards.
Baseball is best for that, so much history, easy to track individual stats and stories, and unlike the other big sports it was a much bigger deal in the past so there's more lore and recognizable people to learn about. All the sports have evolved but baseball is closest to its roots. 1940s/1950s NBA or NFL is like, who cares?

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Officially starting ASG

I'm cool with that. He's the most exciting pitcher in baseball right now, what better opportunity to showcase him in front of a national audience?

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm cool with that. He's the most exciting pitcher in baseball right now, what better opportunity to showcase him in front of a national audience?
It was incredible watching him face off against Ohtani for the first time. 3 pitch strikeout. Ohtani got the better of him the next at bat, though.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And imagine his value after that. They can flip him for a haul not seen since the Herschel Walker deal back in the day.

Diamondeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And imagine his value after that. They can flip him for a haul not seen since the Herschel Walker deal back in the day.

Can we at least wait a couple years before the inevitable trade talk starts? Lol

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can we at least wait a couple years before the inevitable trade talk starts? Lol
My cousin lives in Pittsburgh and we are really tight. He and I have been saying for years that we want the Pirates to find that one guy that they can do a Braves-like Acuna deal where you throw a bunch of years and guaranteed money at a kid so that you can get cost certainty. I know how much your community loves baseball and the Buccos. It’s a fucking crime what ownership does with that franchise. I’m praying they give Skenes like 8 years $200 million and he’s foolish enough to take it. Then he’s a Pirate until he’s 30 and you let the Yankees overpay him $60 million a season on the back end of his career.

Diamondeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My cousin lives in Pittsburgh and we are really tight. He and I have been saying for years that we want the Pirates to find that one guy that they can do a Braves-like Acuna deal where you throw a bunch of years and guaranteed money at a kid so that you can get cost certainty. I know how much your community loves baseball and the Buccos. It’s a fucking crime what ownership does with that franchise. I’m praying they give Skenes like 8 years $200 million and he’s foolish enough to take it. Then he’s a Pirate until he’s 30 and you let the Yankees overpay him $60 million a season on the back end of his career.

I would love to see it, but I tend to doubt that Skenes would sign something like that, as he is likely to win a lot in arbitration to bridge the gap to his big payday.

Saying that, I was surprised Mitch Keller signed long-term with the Pirates at a discount for what he could have gotten in free agency, so you never know.

I honestly don't see Bob Nutting paying out two big pitching contracts, though.