• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pick the Podium: IndyCar - GP of Indy

IndyAndy

I can't reMember
Paddock Stand, Section 23, Row QQ, Seat 4
Hoopla Cash
$ 545.78
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm heading down to Indy later on today for the inaugural IndyCar road course weekend & I don't know what my internet access potential will be, so I'm just going to go ahead & make some 'blind' picks for this race. :hope:

MY PICKS:

Power
Dixon
Hunter-Reay

I'll be taking along my camera & (low-end) video recorder, & I hope to get something worth posting for everyone to see. I should have them up come late Sunday or so. :)

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man Indy, I am envious to the core. Enjoy the race. Lookin' forward to the pics and the board will be here when you get back. Have a boatload of fun!!!

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have a good time Andy!

I am disappointed in the new road layout. I have done many, many laps on the old layout in Gran Turismo. Nice challenge. The new one seems... slow.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have butchered this race with all of the ridiculous regulations that hamstring re-starts and cause accidents. What a joke this race is.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There you have it. The end to just a crazy race. Pagenaud, Hunter-Reay, and Castroneves. Oh well two out of three isn't too bad.

IndyAndy

I can't reMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 545.78
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have butchered this race with all of the ridiculous regulations that hamstring re-starts and cause accidents. What a joke this race is.

Agreed: They had a memorable event - mostly for all of the wrong reasons! :(

Here's how we did:

Retroram52: 2 points - got Hunter-Reay & Pagenaud out of position
IndyAndy: 1 point - got Hunter-Reay out of position.

Season Totals so far:

Retroram52: 8 points
IndyAndy: 4 points

Next Up: Indy, on May 25. :)

I did not have the weekend that I hoped to have: In fact, it's been a pretty rough last week for me all around (for personal reasons). I was at the track on Friday, but was home again on Saturday, watching the race on TV like everyone else. I have some pics from Friday: They're not particularly special, but I will try to get a few posted here in a bit.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good. At least you got to the track on of the two days Indy. That is always a good thing.

IndyAndy

I can't reMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 545.78
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here are a few pics from Friday:

On again, off again rain all day.

Bourdais:

Over in Turn 7 - & it's sunny... for a while:

Indy Lights practice:

Will Power observes:

IndyCar qualifying - first it's dry...

... then it's wet again:

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This one lost me for Indy car. I tried, I really did.

I have watched standing starts in various forms of motorsport for years and you rarely get two cars failing in a season, let alone the same grid. How can they get the technology that wrong? And you can't say driver inexperience. Montoya did a few years of them in F1. And Saavadra's explanation of what happened to him leans towards no driver error. The car just broke.

But if that wasn't enough, the restarts... Someone is going to get seriously injured. Indy is trying to bunch people up and get all NASCAR-ey because flying carbon is exciting I guess. It's pathetic. It's not racing, it's like watching two monkeys trying to hump a football.

Someone is going to die this year. I just feel it. Between the failed technology, the stupid restarts and the unpunished extreme blocking maneuvers...

Oh, well. At least I can download DTM and WEC races from Europe to watch along with F1. Because USCR is a bigger sh*t show than Indy at the moment.