• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pick the Podium - F-1 - Pirelli Gran Premio D'Italia, Circuit Autodromo Nazionale Monza, Italy, September 09-11, 2022

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Verstappen
Leclerc
Norris
Perez

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with both of you, but to make up ground
LEC
VER
RUS
NOR
I’m an idiot. Why bet against VER (and on Ferrari) in current form? I’ve learned nothing.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The race fan in me would have preferred to see a 3 lap sprint at the end. The board championship leader in me is glad the Race Director ended it under safety car to secure my podium. I think George would have had Charles on a restart.

What a clown show nonetheless. Weird how every time they make it up as they go, Red Bull benefits.

ckhokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can Williams just drop Latifi yet? He gets out qualified by a dude who was drinking coffee in someone else’s trailer Saturday morning who is no intention of being in any car, and then finishes a lap down to a car that is in the points driven by a that random.

Come on, guy.

ckhokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The race fan in me would have preferred to see a 3 lap sprint at the end. The board championship leader in me is glad the Race Director ended it under safety car to secure my podium. I think George would have had Charles on a restart.

What a clown show nonetheless. Weird how every time they make it up as they go, Red Bull benefits.
Lol. Making up rules? How often do they red flag races for a single dead car on the side of the track? Finishing under yellow sucks, but a red flag and standing start just for the hell of it would be ‘making it up as they go.’
Also, not really sure how anyone could bank on Charles passing Max. Both were on new tires and Max had dominated all day.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol. Making up rules? How often do they red flag races for a single dead car on the side of the track? Finishing under yellow sucks, but a red flag and standing start just for the hell of it would be ‘making it up as they go.’
Also, not really sure how anyone could bank on Charles passing Max. Both were on new tires and Max had dominated all day.
Typically, when the recovery forklift has to drive on the racing surface to recover the car. It was pretty dramatic seeing the forklift back up up on track when cars were going by. DeVries came within 30 feet of it warming his tires.

They could also use more consistency on why a VSC is deployed versus a full Safety Car.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heck of a call on Sainz @Retroram52 I really didn't think he had it in him. Congrats on the sweep.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats to Retro

What a shitty ending to the race.
If they followed their protocols so, be it, but as an observer I would like for them to finish a race, racing if they have a chance. I know F1 is a different animal, but I would like for them to make it the norm to red flag races at end if they can finish under green next year if they could.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Verstappen storms back and takes the win, followed by LeClerc, Russell, and Sainz.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's How We Did:

ckhokie:
3 points-Correctly selected Russell for Third Place
forty_three: 15 points-Correctly selected Verstappen for the win; Correctly selected LeClerc for Second Place; Correctly selected Russell for Third Place
Hank Kingsley: 12 points-Correctly selected Verstappen for the win; Correctly selected LeClerc for Second Place
Obxyankee52: 7 points-Correctly selected Verstappen for the win
Retroram52: 20 points-Correctly selected Verstappen for the win; Correctly selected LeClerc for Second Place; Correctly selected Russell for Third Place; Correctly selected Sainz for Fourth Place; Received 3 Bonus Points for Running the Table
Schmoopy1000: 12 points-Correctly selected Verstappen for the win; Correctly selected LeClerc for Second Place

2022 Season totals:

ckhokie:
117 points
forty_three: 140 points
Hank Kingsley: 126 points
Obxyankeefan: 108 points
Retroram52: 119 points
Schmoopy1000: 95 points

Next Race: Singapore Grand Prix, September 30- October 02, 2022

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Singapore Grand Prix is in 2 weeks. Everyone, congratulate Obxyankeefan for his First Championship over on the IndyCar competition thread. Even though the last race is today, he has been incredibly dominant all season and secured his Championship two weeks ago. Kick my backside and Number 8 will have to wait. We will have to work on the sponsorship for next season to receive a cash reward. Congrats to Obxyankeefan!!

Also, everyone is getting better at not being skunked and getting points each week! See everyone in two weeks as there are just 6 races left in the F-1 season!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a reminder. The top three points carriers here on this competition receive a cash award this year, thanks to our sponsor, Stevens Enterprises here in Phoenix!!

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats to Retro

What a shitty ending to the race.
If they followed their protocols so, be it, but as an observer I would like for them to finish a race, racing if they have a chance. I know F1 is a different animal, but I would like for them to make it the norm to red flag races at end if they can finish under green next year if they could.
It's extra frustrating even without the shit show of Abu Dhabi last year because they will red flag a quali or practice session for flares on the track or a car beached in the gravel, but this race they were fine with a forklift backing up on the racing surface as the field approaches. And then had the nerve to call DeVries in to the stewards because he came too close to the forklift.

And the added lap to deploy the SC and the additional one and a half for them to sort out that Russell wasn't leading and therefore wasn't the car the SC needed to pick up. Took a full lap to sort that and let him through, they could have let everyone through and had them figure out where to line up. Had they just launched the SC immediately, Max and Charles would have caught the SC at turn one. But they waited until after half the field had the opportunity to pit before they sent the SC out and then it picked up the wrong car. Easily could have finished with one or two racing laps. 5 if they red flagged.

I just don't remember this stuff with Charlie Whiting in charge. Maybe I am just remembering with rose colored glasses. Seems so much worse now.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also: ouch
ce9qq701q8n91.jpg

Latifi is now in 21st place in a 20 driver championship.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They followed the rules like they should have at Abu Dhabi last year. Notice Horner wasn't calling for a restart or to get the 2 lapped cars between Verstappen and Leclerc out of the way..

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lewis Hamilton says end to Italian GP brought back Abu Dhabi memories: 'How the rules should be'
"There's only one time in the history of the sport where they haven't done the rules like that today," says Lewis Hamilton after Italian GP ending behind Safety Car; Hamilton lost title to Max Verstappen in controversial Abu Dhabi decider

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lot's of fuss and bother over the end of the Italian GP remains.

Let's just chuck the rules.

Whomever ordered the safety car to pick up Russell should be shot of course. And then keel hauled. No idea what that was about.

But the rest was as it should be according to the rule book. I agree with this.

You want NASCAR green white checker BS, watch NASCAR or change the rules.

Because to do it right in F1, you'd need to:

Stop the race. Red flag. Everybody gets new tires and all the things that can be done under red flag conditions, which include wing changes, etc.

Start the race from a one lap warm up (that counts) and then release the hounds for the remaining laps from a standing start.

Avoids last year's smelly ending.