• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pick the Podium - F-1 - Pirelli Gran Premio Del Made in Italy E Dell'Emilia Romagna, Grand Prix, April 2021

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you guys that know F-1. Can you explain the rules to me.
When the red flag came out there was something like 7 or 8 cars on the lead lap. Hamilton went down a lap.
When they restarted after a red flag there was like 15 cars on the lead lap. (all the running cars but Haas)

How do they decide who gets a lap back & who doesnt? is it cars so many seconds behind leader or how does it work?
A car down a lap could be in 4th position on track but 10th in the race. All they do is move everyone into the order they are in the race, and get them out of the way of the lead cars so backmarkers are not interfering with battles higher up the field. You can only make up one lap, so cars down one lap go to the tail end of the lead lap. Cars down 2 go to the back and technically become 1 down, etc.

Also another question.
is the 4th (crew) guy on podium just from the winning car. Or is it for strategist of the race?
If it is the latter wouldnt you think that should have gone to Norris' guy?
Winning teams choose who the other person on the podium is to receive the winning constructor's trophy. There was a story last year about how Mercedes has won so much that they had a hard time finding people who HADN'T been up there yet. They had mechanics, marketing people, Physio trainers, all kinds of people.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's How We Did:

ckhokie:
10 points-Correctly selected Verstappen for the win; Hamilton for second place
forty_three: 1 point-Correctly selected LeClerc for fourth
Hank Kingsley: 3 points-Correctly selected Norris for third; LeClerc for fourth place
Retroram52: 1 point-Correctly selected Leclerc for fourth place
Schmoopy1000: 0 points-Skunked

2021 Season totals:

ckhokie:
10 points
forty_three: 13 points
Hank Kingsley: 13 points
Retroram52: 13 points
Schmoopy1000: 0 points

Next Race: Portugal Grand Prix, April 30- May 02, 2021, Portugal

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hang in there Schmoopy. We had a former player who missed many races early in the season only to come back and win the championship on this board. He went by the handle, Boise State Fan.

Also, we have a three-way tie amongst all former champions. Ooohh, this is gonna be so good. See everyone in two weeks.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Red Bull has officially narrowed the gap to even with the Mercs with their downforce 2021 package. Verstappen has become a weekly threat and he snookered Hamilton at the start of the last race in the rain because of their superior rear suspension system that they are protecting quite vigorously. We shall see how this plays out in the next few weeks.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hang in there Schmoopy. We had a former player who missed many races early in the season only to come back and win the championship on this board. He went by the handle, Boise State Fan.

Also, we have a three-way tie amongst all former champions. Ooohh, this is gonna be so good. See everyone in two weeks.
Oh no worries!
I am right where I planned on being when I slingshot out & make my move! :thumb:

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Red Bull has officially narrowed the gap to even with the Mercs with their downforce 2021 package. Verstappen has become a weekly threat and he snookered Hamilton at the start of the last race in the rain because of their superior rear suspension system that they are protecting quite vigorously. We shall see how this plays out in the next few weeks.

MB seems to have better tire wear as Lewis was faster at the end of each stint than Max.

I think if he didn't make his blunder he would have caught him.