• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pick the Podium - F-1 - Etihad Airways Abu Dhabi Grand Prix, Yas Marina Circuit, Abu Dhabi, UAE, December 2021

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't either 43, until I looked his name up on the web and I believed he was killed in an auto accident about 5 years ago. He and I would usually post most of the year as he was from Indianapolis and had been to that track often. One day he didn't post for about a month or so and that is when I started doing some research and discovered what had occurred. Pretty sad.
I do remember he rather abruptly stopped posting. I even considered going to where his seats were when I went to Indy a couple years back just to say hi, but I wasn't allowed where they were.

Good dude.
Well, it appears that the outcome is going to be contested. So if there are any changes to the outcome of the race results, I'll update the results here on this thread if that happens.

I don't think anyone is surprised that the FIA fully investigated themselves and found they did nothing wrong. Will be interesting how an independent adjudicator sees it.

I don't know if there will be an overturning of this result or the championship, but if this brings about reform in the stewardship, then at least that's something. The best time to fire Masi was after Spa. The next best time is right now. He fumbled nearly every single call made all season long. I've seen some people saying the fact that neither team is happy indicates he was "fair". I say if everyone thinks you suck, you might just be incompetent.

And I do kind of feel for Max. He drove pretty brilliantly for most of the season (save for a few individual corners), and did nothing wrong here. But there's going to be a giant cloud over his championship for a long time.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Mercedes plans to appeal the win and the title.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Mercedes lost both the championship and their appeal(s). FIA are not going to let Mercedes appeal anything further so the results are final and Verstappen is the 2021 F-1 Champion.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe there is one more formal appeal to a higher court that must be lodged by Thursday,

Should they choose to do so.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty awesome the first person screaming on Max’s radio was actually Alex Albon.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a new comer for F1. Not from just watching here or there.
Have to say that FIA reminds me of the WWF.
Yes Nascar manipulates racing to get their championship crowned champion at last minute. But we know they are manipulating Long before the end.
FIA was so in consistent on their rules & Penalties. (I know almost everyone here is pro Hamilton) but whether I felt Hamilton should be penalized or if Verstappen should be. Seemed like the FIA went the opposite way for or against both. Kinda like without changing rules, they manipulated the final race to be the race for both. Which I am cool with the the underdog winning a championship. Which who knows if the FIA stayed true to rules he may have. (throughout the year) But as a final race. Hamilton should have won the final race. & if that gives him the championship so be it.

BTW I dont look at any radio traffic as apart of a racers character. They should all be saying the same thing during a race. His character showed When he lost the championship & still acted the gentlemen. I give kudos to both competitors for no matter how pissed they were with FIA. (through the year) They gave one another respect out loud. We are all allowed to be pissed or disappointed otherwise.
I am actually happy Max won this championship, but dont agree how this final race ended.
I got a lot to learn about F1 rules & how they are enforced........ if that is even possible.