• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pick plays got to go....

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree...The big thing to me is how in the world do you enforce it. Every crossing pattern across the middle with two receivers could potentially be called a pick play. Do you only call it when it is obvious and what is considered obvious then? The refs already have a ton of subjective calls that they have to make decisions on so let's add more and have the refs make that much more of an impact on the game? I just honestly don't see how you regulate the pick play.

I think if you alter your route and it's obvious...a replay should pick that up, but live...the ref will have to see the ball the altered route, and the collision...tough to do I think.

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It appears to be another case of Belichick not knowing the rules like he didn't when they got flagged for pushing against the Jets.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By same thing do you mean a pick play or decleating him....Edelman's came after a completion which is 100% legal and 100% part of the game.

The biggest difference is Welker planned to take out Talib whereas Edelman hit a player in reaction to the play.

I really doubt that Welker planned to take out Talib. Edelman and Welker both put big hits on, Welker was just being physical to match Edelman but not with intent to injure, IMHO.....