• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Phoenix Coyotes at Los Angeles Kings 10/24/13 | 10:30pm

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
8lqmtthh0w2wgumr6goswqmki.gif
vs.
third_jersey_logo.jpg

at

staplescenter_0.jpg

10:30pm EST/7:30pm PST - FS-West​

COYOTES (6-2-2) at KINGS (6-4-0)

TV: FS-A, FS-W

Season series: This is the first of five season meetings between these Pacific Division rivals. The Los Angeles Kings make the return trip to play the Phoenix Coyotes next Tuesday. The Kings have won six of their last eight matchups with the Coyotes dating back to the 2012 Western Conference Final.

Big story: The Coyotes are looking to build off a 4-2 win againt the Calgary Flames on Tuesday, a win that stretched their run without a regulation loss to seven games. The Kings, meanwhile, will try to rebound from a 3-2 home loss to those same Flames on Monday.

Team Scope:

Coyotes: Before the season most prognosticators were saying Phoenix's season would hinge on the play of its goaltender, Mike Smith. And while Smith has been effective, the addition of forward Mike Ribeiro this offseason has proven just as vital. Ribeiro carries a seven-game point streak of his own into the game with Los Angeles, including four goals in his past two games. Since joining a line with Mikkel Boedker and David Moss, Ribeiro has five goals and nine points, including three game-winners.

"[Calgary is] not an easy team to play. They make you skate 200 feet all the time, but we stuck together and we got the plays we needed," Ribeiro said after Tuesday's win. "I'm enjoying playing with [Boedker and Moss], and we were able to break them down with the forecheck and open up the ice a little."

Kings: Los Angeles is another team that's never easy to play against. Against the Flames on Monday, however, the Kings suffered a few atypical lapses in concentration on the penalty kill. The Kings conceded three goals on six power-play chances, including one to TJ Brodie with 30 seconds left in regulation that broke a 2-2 tie.

"We definitely lost the special teams battles," said forward Anze Kopitar, who took the hooking penalty that led to Brodie's game-winner. "Usually when that happens, the outcome is not going to be very good, especially when it is by that big of a margin. We took some bad penalties, including myself. It was a stupid penalty on my part and shouldn't have happened."

The Kings are still looking for their first goal from a center,

"Our centermen have over 10 games in [and haven’t scored.] I bet in the history of the game there’s no team that’s 6-4 and their centermen haven’t scored a goal yet," coach Darryl Sutter said Wednesday. Asked what could be done to address the problem, he said, "I can’t play center. I’m not very good."

Who’s hot: Smith is 4-0-2 over his past six games. … Kings defenseman Drew Doughty has two goals and an assist in his past two games.

Injury report: Coyotes captain Shane Doan has been ruled out of Thursday's game with a lower-body injury. … The Kings report no injuries.

Phoenix Coyotes at Los Angeles Kings - 10/24/2013

pete6835

Buuuuuurp!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the.......

mike_smith2-640x360.jpg

1.gif

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should be a fun divisional game that shouldn't be hard for the Kings to get up to - can't wait

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there is still some bad blood between the Kings and Dogs from the WCFs in 2011-12, hopefully the Kings can rattle Smith again and get in his head. He's a douche. At least Doan is out.

Forgot Ribiero plays for them now, he is a douche too. "He of the Dirty Sanchez" as I call him because of that ******er mustache he sports.

Apparently m o l e s t e r is a banned word? Did I discover the first one?

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there is still some bad blood between the Kings and Dogs from the WCFs in 2011-12, hopefully the Kings can rattle Smith again and get in his head. He's a douche. At least Doan is out.

Forgot Ribiero plays for them now, he is a douche too. "He of the Dirty Sanchez" as I call him because of that ******er mustache he sports.

Apparently m o l e s t e r is a banned word? Did I discover the first one?
lol I agree - I still think there is bad blood, but at the end of the day, this is a game that the Kings can get back on track after last game

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kings have owned the Chokeyotes...Let's run this suckers out of the ice!

GO KINGS GO! :yahoo:

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

Jonas_steven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe Doan is expected to play on limited minutes. I would not be surprised if he is trotted out for 15 or so.

Jonas_steven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I might comment on this board tonight because ours is typically slow. Should be a good game. Both of these teams have a chance to push for the second or third spot in the division. The sharks seem legit so far and Anaheim is jam packed with depth at the goaltending position. It will be an exciting race all season.

ouendan1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
welcome!

also complete OT but I'm perusing the HF sharks board and after their loss tonight you'd think their season just ended. My god it's their first loss (oh and there's mass blaming of the refs too).

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I might comment on this board tonight because ours is typically slow. Should be a good game. Both of these teams have a chance to push for the second or third spot in the division. The sharks seem legit so far and Anaheim is jam packed with depth at the goaltending position. It will be an exciting race all season.
You're certainly welcome here!

And agreed about this game tonight - a lot of really good teams in the West who will be battling with each other for playoff spots

oxnardkingsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
(oh and there's mass blaming of the refs too)

And this surprises you? I watched that game on the NHL Network and Tukka Rask flat out stole that game. I'll give the Sharks fans this. San Jose did outplay the Bruins. As for the refs, they pretty much let the players decide the game. Each team got a single power play. and no goals were scored during a man-advantage. Could there have been more calls? Most likely but I didn't see anything that was a blatant missed call. Sour grapes Sharks fans.

Ox

pete6835

Buuuuuurp!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I might want to change my answer on a previous thread about our rivals... They just showed replays of 2012 playoffs and the scuffle between captains Doan & Brown. It doesn't get any better than that!

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very Sweet what Kings do to raise money for Cancer good Job guys all i can say is awesome

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kooooopiiiiiiiiiiii! First goal for a center this season! 1-0 Kings!

ouendan1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
historic day right here. A kings center scores a goal. and it's Kopitar's first regular season PP goal since the 2011-2012 season.

Jonas_steven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smitty has had an issue with giving up goals in the first few minutes and last few minutes for several seasons now. I hate that we are always playing from behind to start a game.