• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Phillies to 4th Place Shortly

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Mets win tonite they tie for 3rd place. lol

Last edited by a moderator:

WestCoastPhan

Northern California formerly from Bucks County
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Mets win tonite they tie for 3rd place. lol

Jvett, you of all people laughing about the phils falling to 4th! just a week ago you were saying we had a chance at the postseason because we played many games against atlanta and the mets. you wanted to stay the course...you said many times we had to keep papelbon because we had no other option. we kept the brown brothers, etc. etc. you know the old saying...be careful what you wish for because it might come true.

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jvett, you of all people laughing about the phils falling to 4th! just a week ago you were saying we had a chance at the postseason because we played many games against atlanta and the mets. you wanted to stay the course...you said many times we had to keep papelbon because we had no other option. we kept the brown brothers, etc. etc. you know the old saying...be careful what you wish for because it might come true.

No kidding. Really? Baseball is a dynamic situation. Guys get hurt. Guys slump. New guys don't catch on right away. Frequently at the same time. Your best laid hopes and projections drizzle away. The Phillies haven't been 't playing with a full deck for some time with Revere and Brown out. I don't take back anything I said at the time even when I know someone like you will eventually come along and say, "But you said this...last month..." But I know that people like you would then fade away if something dramatic happened like an unusual and unexpected winning streak.

I said make key changes where needed not stay the course. So stop putting words into my mouth. I said we should keep Paps. Why not? No other premium-like closer is out there for now that could be gotten with a trade. He's been truly a poor bastard lately but you can't let Bastardo close because he's important for middle relief. Maybe he might earn his money the rest of the way. I can go back thru comments and find those who thought Revere was a bust and how would they answer? Right now both young and old guys in the lineup suck. With all I and others expected, yes, it is laughable that we're basically tied with the fucken Mets for 4th place. All we can do is drink up and hope for the best. :suds:

Last edited by a moderator:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of hoping for us fans at this juncture because things are so disjointed and the team is just in a bad way. After watching a similar fiasco unfold for nearly two decades with the Rams in football, I do know when a FO is so dysfunctional as our is, it is a cancer that rots the foundations of a club and that is reflected in a lot of losing.

I hope this is not the case, but the reality is that this may be so.

WestCoastPhan

Northern California formerly from Bucks County
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No kidding. Really? Baseball is a dynamic situation. Guys get hurt. Guys slump. New guys don't catch on right away. Frequently at the same time. Your best laid hopes and projections drizzle away. The Phillies haven't been 't playing with a full deck for some time with Revere and Brown out. I don't take back anything I said at the time even when I know someone like you will eventually come along and say, "But you said this...last month..." But I know that people like you would then fade away if something dramatic happened like an unusual and unexpected winning streak.

I said make key changes where needed not stay the course. So stop putting words into my mouth. I said we should keep Paps. Why not? No other premium-like closer is out there for now that could be gotten with a trade. He's been truly a poor bastard lately but you can't let Bastardo close because he's important for middle relief. Maybe he might earn his money the rest of the way. I can go back thru comments and find those who thought Revere was a bust and how would they answer? Right now both young and old guys in the lineup suck. With all I and others expected, yes, it is laughable that we're basically tied with the fucken Mets for 4th place. All we can do is drink up and hope for the best. :suds:
revere was horrible until mid-may, when suddenly his ground balls started finding holes...if he can keep that up then i'm ok with his offense...but defensively, i don't like him at all. his arm is a huge liability. jvett this team does not need a "premium" closer or for that matter they haven't needed a closer since our "premium" closer blew about 5 saves in 1 week back in mid june. and if he is so "premium" then why was no team interested in his "premium" abilities...could it be that his fastball has lost 4-5 mph? haha! i just realized i put brown brothers in my previous post...of course i meant young brothers...you wanted them to make key changes..whatever that means?? most of the sensible fans wanted them to cash in any and all players (not named domonic brown, darrin ruf, and cole hamels) for top prospects and get this team on a youth movement. coincidently, the 3 best things that have happened to this team recently is the promotions of ruf and asche and the signing of miguel alfredo gonzalez.

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you wanted them to make key changes..whatever that means?? .

Stop being a wise ass. They've already made some key changes - Ruf, Asche, and Martin are up but it will take time for them to settle in. Fortunately they didn't bring any temporary retreads in. Because of the business end of it and contracts they are limited but more changes are coming between now and spring 2014.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know jvett. When things are this bad, sarcasm is a good stress-reliever.