• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Phillies Marlins Gamethread Sunday.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I missed it jvett. I have been working max hours. I am telling all of you, this guy is going to be the next Greg Luzinski. He has the build, he's worked on his batting techniques, and it is just a matter of playing time. I hear it was a thing of immense beauty.

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now we are beginning to get some consistent power ever so-slightly with Rupp and Ruf. If they would just play both ALL THE TIME, they would indeed progress. Nice win.
Homeruns are making a difference for the Phillies. Also it seems that they are hitting more doubles. I have noticed that the power has added to more scoring in the late innings. When we were losing there wasn't much scoring after the 6th inning. Things are looking up!

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Homeruns are making a difference for the Phillies. Also it seems that they are hitting more doubles. I have noticed that the power has added to more scoring in the late innings. When we were losing there wasn't much scoring after the 6th inning. Things are looking up!

Yeah, I also think they have been too "lefthanded" recently. Most teams use their closer no matter what in the 9th but in the 6th 7th 8th inning they use a lot of matchups and it seems like in general lefties have a harder time hitting for power against other lefties, whereas it doesn't seem to matter as much for righties facing RHP. Hopefully someone like Altherr sticks with the team and Franco comes back healthy next year.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We got all those lefties when Charlie Manual was manager and that was his preference. Those days are going and gone.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah, Charlie's teams always killed lefties because we had Burrell and/or Werth sitting in the middle of the lineup. Plus back when they were good Ruiz and Victorino would eat up lefties. I think might be the last guy they had from the right side that could even hit 20-25 HRs. But I think Franco could be the guy next year. And once Rupp starts hitting 30 dingers a year---Fuggggettaboutit!

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah, Charlie's teams always killed lefties because we had Burrell and/or Werth sitting in the middle of the lineup. Plus back when they were good Ruiz and Victorino would eat up lefties. I think might be the last guy they had from the right side that could even hit 20-25 HRs. But I think Franco could be the guy next year. And once Rupp starts hitting 30 dingers a year---Fuggggettaboutit!

"When I introduce you, I'm gonna say, 'This is a friend of mine.' That means you're a connected guy. Now if I said instead, 'this is a friend of ours,' that would mean you a made guy. Capiche?"