• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Phillies D-Backs Gamethread-Sunday.

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Games over. Phillies feasted on AZ's 4.39 staff. I expect more of the same vs COL's 5.16 staff. Another sweep!

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

See my post "The rest of the season". I said that the Phillies could at least play 500 ball the rest of the season
when Franco is added to the lineup along with moving Utley to the bottom of the order. Also based on the Phillies keeping Harang and Hamels around and eventually calling Nola up.

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See my post "The rest of the season". I said that the Phillies could at least play 500 ball the rest of the season
when Franco is added to the lineup along with moving Utley to the bottom of the order. Also based on the Phillies keeping Harang and Hamels around and eventually calling Nola up.

After today's game. I believe Franco is definitely for real. And a hot guy in the lineup like that can trigger a major turnaround. Throw in a few more surprises - Nola, a dark horse like O'Sullivan becoming real - and we're talking a very good team.

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am proceeding with caution jvett!

I agree with that, retro, especially since the new look Phils have yet to play the real solid teams. I'm extremely optimistic with the addition of Franco, BAs are on the way up, and some pitching surprises, but they do have a habit of regressing. AZ and COL are what the doctor ordered, for now.