• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Philip Thomas sprained foot

Warpath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL Injury Report: Redskins' Phillip Thomas suffers sprained foot

Dr. Solano provided his take on Thomas’ injury.
“Redskins rookie safety Phillip Thomas suffered a mid-foot sprain Thursday night. This type of injury is usually a twisting injury to the lower extremity where the athlete’s body turns and their foot remains planted in the ground. When the athlete twists all the force that occurs when they plant and pivot is transmitted through their foot as opposed to through the ground.​
As you can imagine, this is capable of causing severe damage to the ligaments of the foot. The next few days will be important to determine the extent of Thomas' injury. Right now, there is likely pain and swelling in the central region of his foot. The swelling often can lead to bruising on either the top or bottom of the foot. How much swelling and subsequent bruising occurs is related to how severe the injury is. For now, he will likely remain in a walking boot until further exams take place, including an MRI. If there is no structural damage found, I would anticipate this injury to take 2-3 weeks to heal.”​

ZoneRead

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't sound bad and to be honest, I'm not all that concerned. Still early in August and he can heal up by the start of the season. The reality is he won't likely be starting so it's not a big deal.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't sound bad and to be honest, I'm not all that concerned. Still early in August and he can heal up by the start of the season. The reality is he won't likely be starting so it's not a big deal.

yeah i cant see him doing a lot for us till the 2nd half of the season maybe on goal line or on early downs

but really no big deal , it just means doughty made the squad

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#Redskins HC Mike Shanahan on S P. Thomas: "He's a little sore, mid-foot. I can't tell you how long it's going to be." #RedskinsRVA #HTTR
[ame="https://twitter.com/Redskins/statuses/366265625548570625"]2:31 PM - 10 Aug 2013[/ame]

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Get the feeling we are going to be real touchy with injuries going into the season this year. We have seen what this team is capable of in over coming injuries, so Mikes got to be wondering in the back of his mind... what if we can go in relatively healthy and maintain some sort of health through out the roster.

apratt21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can't afford to lose and secondary players. Period. We dodged a bullet even if this guys a rookie. Pre-season is all about holding your breath. Just need to get to the other side of the pool then come up for air to the regular season.

martinez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it sucks because him and rambo need the experience but at least thomas isnt a starter yet.

HailYeah21

esc7391 on ESPN. HAILYEAH
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
X-rays confirmed Redskins rookie SS Phillip Thomas avoided a fracture in his left foot, and he is considered day to day.

Thomas actually hurt both his left foot and right shoulder in Washington's preseason opener. Neither injury is viewed as significant. "He’s a little sore right now," said coach Mike Shanahan. "Mid-foot. ... It’ll probably be a few days." Thomas is pushing SS Brandon Meriweather for a starting job.