• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Philadelphia Flyers at Washington Capitals 3/2/14 | 12:30pm

Progeriakid

Hanging Pork
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man I am constantly missing these early game due to work, wtf, glad they got the win though but just once I would like to see a day game.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got to attend this one, and it was worth the hair loss. What an exciting game

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I loved that game yesterday because Washington was cheap shotting Gee all over the place and he stuck right in their face GGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
G is now tied for 8th in scoring with Okposo. If he keeps playing like he did in this game, he's going to be unstoppable for the remainder of the season and I wouldn't be shocked if he passed everyone not named Crosby, then went on to lead the league in playoff scoring. Even via a tv screen, you could just see the passion, determination and competitiveness he exuded. Nobody out there on the ice wanted to win that game more than Claude Giroux and that's what I truly love about him.

And yes, that made for one of the most exciting games of the season. I thought we completely dominated that third period and overtime.

Last edited by a moderator:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
G is now tied for 8th in scoring with Okposo. If he keeps playing like he did in this game, he's going to be unstoppable for the remainder of the season and I wouldn't be shocked if he passed everyone not named Crosby, then went on to lead the league in playoff scoring. Even via a tv screen, you could just see the passion, determination and competitiveness he exuded. Nobody out there on the ice wanted to win that game more than Claude Giroux and that's what I truly love about him.

And yes, that made for one of the most exciting games of the season. I thought we completely dominated that third period and overtime.

I think he couldve beaten up Tom Wilson he was so mad yesterday :lol:

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he couldve beaten up Tom Wilson he was so mad yesterday :lol:

Well, I can't blame him. The blatant dive to the ice by a Capital after Scotty got his hand up in his face was ridiculous. It was so bad that unsportsmanlike conduct should've been called.

Later on in the game, the five minute boarding play by Orlov was downright nasty. If Schenn were at all hurt, I bet Orlov would be suspended, because he got him square in the numbers and absolutely smoked him head first into the boards (with no late turn from Schenn). I still feel like we should've scored multiple goals on that power play, but it worked out in the end regardless.

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tomorrow's game is going to be big. Flyers have to play better, though; they can't expect the Caps to board Brayden Schenn EVERY game.

[youtube]waYZWi-Fkso[/youtube]

Just half of them.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tomorrow's game is going to be big. Flyers have to play better, though; they can't expect the Caps to board Brayden Schenn EVERY game.

[youtube]waYZWi-Fkso[/youtube]

Just half of them.

I think the second one was far more egregious because he nailed him right in the back and did not let up at all. Neither player turned at the last second. The first hit looked bad, but it was nearly from the side. Either way, I'm thrilled that Schenn did not get hurt and that it cost the Caps a win and then some.

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the second one was far more egregious because he nailed him right in the back and did not let up at all. Neither player turned at the last second. The first hit looked bad, but it was nearly from the side. Either way, I'm thrilled that Schenn did not get hurt and that it cost the Caps a win and then some.

My biggest issue with the Wilson hit is that he was absolutely FLYING. Let's put it this way - if Schenn hadn't slowed his momentum, the boards would've had to do so. I understand he wasn't striding into him at the actual point of contact, but he was going dangerously fast.