• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Philadelphia Flyers at St. Louis Blues 4/1/14 | 8:00pm

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those aren't the only games that matter

This rest of the season is about making every effort to get the second seed because that's really important - and continuing to create good habits because these games can spring board them into the playoffs - every game is important and matters

Im already prepared to finish 2nd or 3rd with the Rags finishing in the other spot so unless we can beat them 4 out of 7 in the first round which is the most likely scenario all regular season games are irrelevant to me at this point.

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
back to back shootout losses against the two best teams in the league? i'll take it.

6-2-2 against

pittsburgh
pittsburgh
chicago
dallas
st louis
LA
NYR
toronto
boston
st louis

thats pretty damn good. just gotta keep it rollin

That is a really good record against those teams. I guess for me personally I'm starting to really watch the little things that they're doing right and wrong. The common thread in the games they won is that they did all the little things right and never took a shift off. The 2 OT losses were IMO really missed opportunities where there were not enough on ice changes during the game to grab the edge in completely winnable games. The 2 losses however were the result of them not coming to play and getting away from the game plan completely. I still have a lot of confidence in this team and I can't think of a better man then G to be leading the charge, he's starting to remind me of Primeau during the 07 run where he just took the game over. I know G has a bit of a harder time due to the extra attention he and his line mates get but I see a potential Hart and Conn Smythe winner in G.

Those aren't the only games that matter. This rest of the season is about making every effort to get the second seed because that's really important - and continuing to create good habits because these games can spring board them into the playoffs - every game is important and matters

I totally agree with this, which is again why I'm pointing out the mistakes and hoping the players and coaching staff are doing the same thing. We do not want to play the Rags in the first round not having home ice advantage, the ice in MSG is the worst in the league. This has been confirmed by several of the TSN guys over the years, my guess is they don't have the space or desire to upgrade the the ice making equipment or the fact that so many things take place there that it severally effects the ice surface.

Someone earlier mentioned the poor ice conditions which may have been the cause, but after the Flyers barrage in the first 5 minutes I thought both teams played a very sloppy game. I wasn't impressed with either team.

It did seem like some routine passes were not being completed and the puck was doing some odd things. Unfortunately they still need to find a way to win games when the ice sucks. As far as being impressed it definitely wasn't one of the Blues better games but they seemed to have an easier time gaining the zone and setting up on the PP and the Flyers struggled in those aspects but I think overall played better defense and had another spectacular night on the PK. I guess in the end all things were even until the shootout or as I call it the "Gayest spectacle in sports history". I'm pretty sure how the Flyers should approach the shoot out is being discussed in another thread, but my theory is just win in 60 minutes and you'll never have to worry about them.

Again guys I'm sorry if any of my comments from last night upset or offended anyone been having a really bad week and was looking forward to this game too much I guess. As always though this is not only the best but most passionate and educated group of hockey fans I've ever encountered on the internet so I'm glad to be part of this group and enjoy discussing, debating or even arguing about topics since I know we all bleed orange and want to see a cup.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I totally agree with this, which is again why I'm pointing out the mistakes and hoping the players and coaching staff are doing the same thing. We do not want to play the Rags in the first round not having home ice advantage, the ice in MSG is the worst in the league. This has been confirmed by several of the TSN guys over the years, my guess is they don't have the space or desire to upgrade the the ice making equipment or the fact that so many things take place there that it severally effects the ice surface.

And this is also why I don't think it's fair to completely trash them over a game like last night - if they play well like this and don't give up goals, they'll be good in the long run - sometimes you don't get the wins but it's about playing well(like G has said on numerous occasions)

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And this is also why I don't think it's fair to completely trash them over a game like last night - if they play well like this and don't give up goals, they'll be good in the long run - sometimes you don't get the wins but it's about playing well(like G has said on numerous occasions)

I agree trashing them last night was not the right thing to do after the way they played against a Blues team who is heavily considered a cup favorite. I just can't take but what I said but I can apologize for it which I did.