• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Philadelphia Flyers at St. Louis Blues 4/1/14 | 8:00pm

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
161.gif
vs.
187.gif

at

14-08232012-5035d98be9c09.jpeg

Game Time: 8:00pm EST - CSN-PH/NBCSN

SEASON SERIES
Saturday, March 22, 2014 - St. Louis Blues 1, Philadelphia Flyers 4
Tuesday, April 1, 2014 - Philadelphia Flyers at St. Louis Blues

TEAM LEADERS

Philadelphia Flyers
Goals: Wayne Simmonds/Claude Giroux - 25
Assists: Claude Giroux - 53

St. Louis Blues
Goals: Alexander Steen - 33
Assists: Alex Pietrangelo - 42

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus, this schedule leading up to the end of the regular season is brutal. East and West leaders in consecutive games, then a team fighting for its playoff life, then the East leaders again.

Oh, and no Timonen in this one. Out with an upper body thanks the puck he took in the jaw during the Bruins game.

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus, this schedule leading up to the end of the regular season is brutal. East and West leaders in consecutive games, then a team fighting for its playoff life, then the East leaders again.

Oh, and no Timonen in this one. Out with an upper body thanks the puck he took in the jaw during the Bruins game.

I actually agree with Keith Jones & JR, i'd rather being playing the cream of the crop now then the teams "tanking" for better draft position. That and the non-playoff teams have lots of youngsters trying to make a name for themselves so I'd hate to see an aspiring 4th like tough guy hurt someone like Giroux with a borderline hit. The teams in the playoffs already preach not doing anything to cause their team to be short handed.

I actually wish we hadn't traded Mez now because I wish we could sit Timonen and Grossman the next 3 games to let them heal up a bit I don't trust Gus or Gill to be playing now (actually a big part of why I was so big on trying to sign Folin because I believe he could have been assigned to the team immediately or they could use one of those emergency callup things on him, maybe Ghost will magically go pro when the Union season is over). The games against St Louis & Boston will both be physical and I'm more worried about having those 2 being available & as healthy as possible in the playoffs then where we finish because I honestly believe even if we finished 8th we could take the Bruins. Before you think I'm nuts I think that because they aren't resting anyone yet and are still going full bore. They're remaining schedule is the Wings, Leafs, Flyers, Wild, Sabres & Devils. So I wouldn't be surprised if 4 or 5 of those games were overly physical and I can't see how it's smart to not rest some of your top guys for a trophy that really doesn't mean anything. However with Jeremy Jacobs ego this questionable move makes plenty of sense. Realistically I still believe the Rags will drop down to 8th because of their games in hand and the Hackets have been playing really well lately also I'd love a Boston vs Rags series and let them kill each other.

We have the Blues, Jackets, Bruins, Sabres, , Panthers, Lightning, Pens & Canes so 3 really physical games(wondering if Sid, Kunitz, Neal & Malin playt that game honestly because of the constant injury problems to all them except Sid) and a bunch of question marks from the teams that are out & I expect the Jackets & Lightning games to be good but not slugfest. I'm in the small portion who thinks we get the Jackets in the first round but that would be the best possible scenario making the playoffs look like.

Bruins vs Rangers who would play the winner of the Canadian vs Lightning series.

&

Penguins vs Redwings who would play the winer of the Flyers vs Blue Jacket series.

To get to the cup in the East that team will have to play at least 2 brutal series. As far as the Flyers go they seem to just be gaining strength & confidence, if they follow the Chief's plan we have a shot at the cup and that's no joke. The Flyers are one of the explosive teams in the league not to mention the physicality they bring and never say die attitude. I think the biggest X factor is that no one in the east WANTS to play the Flyers I'm the playoffs this is very telling IMO.

Also anyone notice that the East is finishing way stronger then the West. It seems like a total reversal from the start of the season.

Hmmm maybe I should have posted this someplace else since I deviated from the topic :noidea:.

So ummm Go Flyers Wooooooo!!!!!!!

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets play Flyers hockey and get 2 points !!!!!!

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm done trying to figure out the decisioning for when Craig Berube starts goaltenders

Maybe he thinks Mase hasn't been sharp and needs more practice time plus with CBJ coming up that game probably means more

But the Flyers better come out and play a heck of a lot better in front of Ray Emery - it better not be like the mess the Flyers had against the Kings when they played terribly in front him and gave up all those shots - better tighten it up defensively

Last edited by a moderator:

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, I'd probably be riding mase by now, but if you're gunna start the backup, this is the one you do it against. Western conference foe, not a 4 point game, etc etc

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sorry, but why start Emery against Miller when we did not play yesterday and there are still two back to back situations where Emery will definitely play remaining this season?

I can't for the life of me figure out this strategy. While winning tonight isn't crucial (largely due to the following game against Columbus), I'd like to not just forfeit it by sending out Emery against Miller...

We might as well give the second seed to the NYR.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This tells me that the Flyers either know Mason is tired or they expect him to crash soon, so this is a preemptive strike. No reason at all not to start Mason here. He's only 25 years old and it's not like we played yesterday or play tomorrow.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sorry, but why start Emery against Miller when we did not play yesterday and there are still two back to back situations where Emery will definitely play remaining this season?

I can't for the life of me figure out this strategy. While winning tonight isn't crucial (largely due to the following game against Columbus), I'd like to not just forfeit it by sending out Emery against Miller...

We might as well give the second seed to the NYR.

That's my thinking - it's not a four point swing divisional type game but that doesn't mean they should have Ray Emery starting

Maybe they're thinking that more practice time is better for Steve Mason and that will be the way to get him sharper - maybe it isn't a factor of being tired

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's Go Flyers!

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flyers going on the power play it looks like - let's cash in

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scoreless after one period - Flyers had energy and played solid - keep this up boys

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flyers going on the PK - need a kill here

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still scoreless after two periods - Flyers with a couple of turnovers in the second period so that needs to be cleaned up but overall a solid defensive game - now let's go win the third period or at least get to overtime

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flyers going on the PK - need a kill

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flyers getting a power play with 4:57 left in the third period! Let's get one here boys!