• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Phil Mickelson plans to miss U.S. Open to attend daughter's high school graduation

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But "should they" have though? I mean why should they have "caved" for a request like that? IF it was even requested that is

Schools, even well endowed ones can always use extra cash. If he came to them back in Dec/Jan/Feb and made them a good (6 figure) offer...yes, I think they would and I would have no problem with it if I were the parent of a graduating kid there.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Schools, even well endowed ones can always use extra cash. If he came to them back in Dec/Jan/Feb and made them a good (6 figure) offer...yes, I think they would and I would have no problem with it if I were the parent of a graduating kid there.

I was commenting on the use of "PGA Tour" should have given him the latest tee time possible. and I was saying, why should they have... Not the school pushing graduation back...

The school shouldn't push it back because ONE parent can't make it.. That's just stupid, regardless of the money said parent has.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was commenting on the use of "PGA Tour" should have given him the latest tee time possible. and I was saying, why should they have... Not the school pushing graduation back...

The school shouldn't push it back because ONE parent can't make it.. That's just stupid, regardless of the money said parent has.

I understand what you're saying.

Schools do what they need to do for the right amount of cash so I disagree with you there as long as there was enough time for the school to make changes without unduly affecting other families. If you've got the kind of cash that gets your name on buildings on campus...if they have a request of this nature, you listen.

The USGA...agree, they don't owe Phil anything, but they are in the entertainment biz also...if it were just a matter of moving a tee time to get a qualified draw like Phil in the field, why would you not do it.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand what you're saying.

Schools do what they need to do for the right amount of cash so I disagree with you there as long as there was enough time for the school to make changes without unduly affecting other families. If you've got the kind of cash that gets your name on buildings on campus...if they have a request of this nature, you listen.

The USGA...agree, they don't owe Phil anything, but they are in the entertainment biz also...if it were just a matter of moving a tee time to get a qualified draw like Phil in the field, why would you not do it.

True they do. I don't think for one person they should make an exception... Even with the "name" on the school

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True they do. I don't think for one person they should make an exception... Even with the "name" on the school

un-American!!

I'm kidding...you're right, but the power of the dollar goes a long way.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
un-American!!

I'm kidding...you're right, but the power of the dollar goes a long way.

Yea that is true. if you have the money you pretty much can do whatever you want

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea that is true. if you have the money you pretty much can do whatever you want

Yep, in a lot of cases.

I've had one brush with a rich person...somewhat rich. We (small group...6 to 9 is us) used to go on a golf trip every year and one year one of the guys from Dallas invited his "buddy". Turns out this guy had a multi-million dollar inheritance (oil money from his grandfather) which we learned before the trip.

He was an alright guy, not one to wave his money in your face, but he had very little regard for what he called petty laws...dripping with entitlement.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But "should they" have though? I mean why should they have "caved" for a request like that? IF it was even requested that is

No they shouldn't have and probably wouldn't have. Hundreds, maybe thousands, depending how big the school, had made plans around that date. I think we've closed the book on majors for Phil. He's 47 and it's been 4 years since he won anything.

EDIT - just saw that you meant should the USGA have made accommodation for him and they shouldn't either.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, in a lot of cases.

I've had one brush with a rich person...somewhat rich. We (small group...6 to 9 is us) used to go on a golf trip every year and one year one of the guys from Dallas invited his "buddy". Turns out this guy had a multi-million dollar inheritance (oil money from his grandfather) which we learned before the trip.

He was an alright guy, not one to wave his money in your face, but he had very little regard for what he called petty laws...dripping with entitlement.

Yeah a lot of people with money suck balls. I know this guy who is rich as hell, however he is the nicest, most generous man you'd ever know.. Not an ounce of a-hole in him