• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

PGA Update

bsanko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think Furyk won't be able to pull it off and can see the pressure get to him. He is playing conservative, but allowing others to catch him. Rory was hot today and Adam Scott is in the hunt. Tomorrow will tell all.

HawkeyesRuleURFace

Avid Basketball Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tomorrow is gonna be a great day of golf...somebody might go nuts and come out of nowhere

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dufner blows it on 17. gagging his way home down 18. WIll he make it?

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He did it. Leaking oil all the way in, but he did it.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Furyk won't be able to pull it off and can see the pressure get to him. He is playing conservative, but allowing others to catch him. Rory was hot today and Adam Scott is in the hunt. Tomorrow will tell all.

Yep. Furyk gagged on the last two holes as usual.

uwdawgfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 35.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those last two holes, not a great ending to a major...Furyk just didn't have it.

uwdawgfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 35.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Phil.....stop watching me!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUc2uDd3_QU]Twitter: @ClubhouseCancer - YouTube[/ame][YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

bsanko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wasn't a great ending, but I am glad to see Dufner win. He was stripping the ball down the center of the fairways all day. Furyk played too conservative the last two days and it cost him in the end. People don't remember runner-ups unless your last name is Normal or Mickleson.

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,293.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nice win yesterday by Dufner. i love that he shows no emotion

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wasn't a great ending, but I am glad to see Dufner win. He was stripping the ball down the center of the fairways all day. Furyk played too conservative the last two days and it cost him in the end. People don't remember runner-ups unless your last name is Normal or Mickleson.

Yep - good for Dufner. He hit three great approach shots that resulted in tap-ins & otherwise did what he had to do - in spite of his lack of outward emotion you could see the pressure getting to him down the stretch. So much for all of the experts predicting that the winner would have a relatively high score (Mickelson was right predicting a low score for the winner - about the only thing he did well at this tourney :rollseyes: - both he & Tiger mailed it in after Fri).

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats to Jason!

I was kind of surprised that the perfect swings of Scott and especially Rose didn't stay up there.

I'm a Masters guy through and through as the favorite major...The PGA always will be the redheaded stepchild for many, but imo they have the perfect balance with the course setups lately...they didn't panic after the near 62 was shot. A solid subpar # was out there everyday, but you had to be spot on to get it...that's how a major should play imo.

I just don't think Furyk played badly, but he couldn't afford those mistakes down the stretch...maybe pressing to make something happen. I'm sure I'm not the 1st to say this...Jim seems to be a nice guy, but I would hate playing with him. Dufner hit it close on a few holes and that was the difference.

Tiger/Phil...1st Tiger. I thought the course really set up well for his fade with all of the DL right holes, plus he didn't need to hit driver much.

I really think the pressure is getting to him...he's so hi strung, that too many small things are sending him over the edge...he hit a shot 10' left pin high on the green and he's reacting as if he missed green! I'm like WTF guy, you're not going to hit every shot perfect. Get a grip. He's putting these short ones in the major as if he's wishing they would go in. The old Tiger picked his line and back of the cup on the short putts.

Phil...his sloppy 3rd round was basically the tournament for him. Phil played a hook for years and finally changed to that cut right around when he won the Masters...this was going to be a tough track for him...needing to go back to his hook.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I did call it...said 63 or 64 was going to be out there Friday and sure enough...both numbers were covered.

No the ending was anti-climatic, but I thought it was a good tournament.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats to Jason!

I was kind of surprised that the perfect swings of Scott and especially Rose didn't stay up there.

I'm a Masters guy through and through as the favorite major...The PGA always will be the redheaded stepchild for many, but imo they have the perfect balance with the course setups lately...they didn't panic after the near 62 was shot. A solid subpar # was out there everyday, but you had to be spot on to get it...that's how a major should play imo.

I just don't think Furyk played badly, but he couldn't afford those mistakes down the stretch...maybe pressing to make something happen. I'm sure I'm not the 1st to say this...Jim seems to be a nice guy, but I would hate playing with him. Dufner hit it close on a few holes and that was the difference.

Tiger/Phil...1st Tiger. I thought the course really set up well for his fade with all of the DL right holes, plus he didn't need to hit driver much.

I really think the pressure is getting to him...he's so hi strung, that too many small things are sending him over the edge...he hit a shot 10' left pin high on the green and he's reacting as if he missed green! I'm like WTF guy, you're not going to hit every shot perfect. Get a grip. He's putting these short ones in the major as if he's wishing they would go in. The old Tiger picked his line and back of the cup on the short putts.

Phil...his sloppy 3rd round was basically the tournament for him. Phil played a hook for years and finally changed to that cut right around when he won the Masters...this was going to be a tough track for him...needing to go back to his hook.

No doubt about the Masters being head and shoulders above the rest but I do agree with the PGA being #4 I like the fact that you can make birdies in the PGA though. I hate to watch great players struggle to make par like in the U.S. Open. If I want to watch players struggle to make par, I'll go to my local club any day. This "protecting par" stuff is nonsense. the British Open doesn't do much for me except for its history. I don't like the look of the courses and I can't stand to see a perfectly hit shot hit a mound in the middle of the fairway and roll into a pot bunker. There is too much luck involved in winning the British. I'd pick the U.S. Open as #2 only because of the prestige of winning it, then the British and then the PGA.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats to Jason!

Here's my prediction. Woods will win the British Open at Royal Liverpool next year. He won it before there not hitting anything but irons off the tee all four days. Its perfect for him. He'll be tough to beat when he doesn't need his driver or 3-wood. That will end his streak.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt about the Masters being head and shoulders above the rest but I do agree with the PGA being #4 I like the fact that you can make birdies in the PGA though. I hate to watch great players struggle to make par like in the U.S. Open. If I want to watch players struggle to make par, I'll go to my local club any day. This "protecting par" stuff is nonsense. the British Open doesn't do much for me except for its history. I don't like the look of the courses and I can't stand to see a perfectly hit shot hit a mound in the middle of the fairway and roll into a pot bunker. There is too much luck involved in winning the British. I'd pick the U.S. Open as #2 only because of the prestige of winning it, then the British and then the PGA.

USO...I put it 2nd mostly because it's our national open. I really don't mind the defender of par moniker...challenging every phase of the players to the maximum degree...where I do mind is handcuffing players and not giving them any option but hit and hope when they miss a green. I do like they have gone to some true public tracks, I also liked the Pinehurst venue where you get to see the creative skill around the greens.

PGA...3rd for me.

British...aside from the historical significance, links golf just doesn't do it for me...the weather can be too big of a factor which can lead to some fluke winners.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The most eye opening part of this tourney had to be Dufner's wife - wow. He should thank God that he was given the ability to swing a golf club.

Attachments

• Amanda & Jason Dufner.jpg
    Amanda & Jason Dufner.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 39

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's my prediction. Woods will win the British Open at Royal Liverpool next year. He won it before there not hitting anything but irons off the tee all four days. Its perfect for him. He'll be tough to beat when he doesn't need his driver or 3-wood. That will end his streak.

Could very well be...I think it will be the Masters...it requires some course knowledge and that eliminates almost 25% of the field (they just haven't played it enough or it doesn't fit their eye). Hitting the flag and dunking it on the 15th or 13th, forget which now...if he misses the flag, he's got an easy birdie putt and he probably wins that tournament.

FWIW...I really think his putter is the hold back...missing short putts bleeds over into his full swing.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The most eye opening part of this tourney had to be Dufner's wife - wow. He should thank God that he was given the ability to swing a golf club.

Its all about the money with these women. If Dufner was driving a bus she wouldn't even give him the time of day.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could very well be...I think it will be the Masters...it requires some course knowledge and that eliminates almost 25% of the field (they just haven't played it enough or it doesn't fit their eye). Hitting the flag and dunking it on the 15th or 13th, forget which now...if he misses the flag, he's got an easy birdie putt and he probably wins that tournament.

FWIW...I really think his putter is the hold back...missing short putts bleeds over into his full swing.

The Masters takes two much precision for his game now. You not only have to hit spots on the green to be effective but your drives need to land in the correct spot on the fairway. I don't think he can do it there any more. You never know though. He's been close there the last two or three years.