• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

PGA Assesses Cam Smith 2 shot penalty as he shows up This Morning

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how are they treated with "kid gloves"?

I want examples
They allowed 10 Woods fans to remove a gigantic boulder near Woods' ball and called it a loose impediment. I remember Ken Venturi was furious; not at the fans but at Woods for allowing them to do it.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tagged with a post round penalty. Same thing we’re talking about here. Odd how you think Tiger should be DQed but Cam is NBD…

I played college and some Am tour stuff too. Been in the low single digits since I was 13/14. But sounds like you’re a step above. Any tips on putting? I’m getting a new fitting tomorrow. I can’t remember the last time I rolled anything in from outside 10’.

Sorry. Home on paternity leave. Not glued to my computer. I’m sure the PGA would prefer someone other than Cam. But again, we’re talking about someone who finished six stokes out.

And it doesn’t matter about the lie. Rules are rules.

Putting 101. Focus on the process not the result. In other words, pick out your line and trust your line. Trust your touch and pull the trigger. If you hit your line then you made a good putt.

But you could be over or under reading greens too. Keep it simple. Oh and you must like your putter. If not give it away. Stupid complicated sport!!

And I’m not really pro LIV or anti PGA. I think all golfers play for check so I don’t get the drama. Imo the PGA is a little stuffy and don’t get me started on some of these rules. I think Cams penalty was part of the game and it’s the rule. But we both know the PGA protects their horses. Rules apply to all but things/rules are bent.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@foster4prez

I putted with a 20 some year old odessey tri hot for 20 some years. Thing was money. I really haven’t played much tournament golf for 6-7 years since I had kids. Amateur golf is kinda funny to me. Got convinced 2-3 years ago to go to Bentenardi milled putter like a Scotty. Putted ok for a bit but then not good for a long time. Problem was it was too heavy. Didn’t care for the feel. So was about to drop $400 on a new Scotty and 1 night the old Maxfli Tad Moore popped in my head. Used it in high school in the 90s and I remembered Scotty Cameron based their model of that putter. Dude made them in Alabama or something but they were sweet in the 90s. So next morning I find a TM2 on eBay for $50. Got it and put a grip on it and it’s been great. Lighter and feels good plus im making a lot. Not great from 5-8’ but that’s all practice

Few weeks ago I’m playing a good course and 4 under going into 18 and made bogey. Shot 69. First time I busted 70 in about 2-3 years

Point is you need to finding something with the right weight that you like and it doesn’t matter if it’s old or new.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Putting 101. Focus on the process not the result. In other words, pick out your line and trust your line. Trust your touch and pull the trigger. If you hit your line then you made a good putt.

But you could be over or under reading greens too. Keep it simple. Oh and you must like your putter. If not give it away. Stupid complicated sport!!

And I’m not really pro LIV or anti PGA. I think all golfers play for check so I don’t get the drama. Imo the PGA is a little stuffy and don’t get me started on some of these rules. I think Cams penalty was part of the game and it’s the rule. But we both know the PGA protects their horses. Rules apply to all but things/rules are bent.
Looks like Cantlay and Shauffele are setting the table to leave the PGA Tour with their talk yesterday about conciliation with the LIV and cooperation.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@foster4prez

I putted with a 20 some year old odessey tri hot for 20 some years. Thing was money. I really haven’t played much tournament golf for 6-7 years since I had kids. Amateur golf is kinda funny to me. Got convinced 2-3 years ago to go to Bentenardi milled putter like a Scotty. Putted ok for a bit but then not good for a long time. Problem was it was too heavy. Didn’t care for the feel. So was about to drop $400 on a new Scotty and 1 night the old Maxfli Tad Moore popped in my head. Used it in high school in the 90s and I remembered Scotty Cameron based their model of that putter. Dude made them in Alabama or something but they were sweet in the 90s. So next morning I find a TM2 on eBay for $50. Got it and put a grip on it and it’s been great. Lighter and feels good plus im making a lot. Not great from 5-8’ but that’s all practice

Few weeks ago I’m playing a good course and 4 under going into 18 and made bogey. Shot 69. First time I busted 70 in about 2-3 years

Point is you need to finding something with the right weight that you like and it doesn’t matter if it’s old or new.
I was four under after 8 and sitting 40 yards out middle of the fairway in 2 on the par 5 ninth. Hitting it and putting it beautifully. As I prepared to hit my easy third shot to the green I said to myself "Damn, I'm gonna shoot 31 on the fronty" Then "shank" followed by three putt. Only bogey of the day. So strange how often that happens.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was four under after 8 and sitting 40 yards out middle of the fairway in 2 on the par 5 ninth. Hitting it and putting it beautifully. As I prepared to hit my easy third shot to the green I said to myself "Damn, I'm gonna shoot 31 on the fronty" Then "shank" followed by three putt. Only bogey of the day. So strange how often that happens.
U Rookie lol

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. Rookie mistake. One that I make over and over again.

Controlling your brain is tough. I prefer the pedal down method. Just keep trying make Birdies and settle for pars when I’m in that zone.

You Start counting your score before all 18 holes and yeah yerrrrr done. But it’s difficult to do for sure

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Controlling your brain is tough. I prefer the pedal down method. Just keep trying make Birdies and settle for pars when I’m in that zone.

You Start counting your score before all 18 holes and yeah yerrrrr done. But it’s difficult to do for sure
Yep, the difference between me and a good player is instead of doing the pedal down thing, I start trying to hang on and limit mistakes instead of really going for it. Consequently, I've turned many a 72 into a 75 or 76 being unable to close it out. The round I was talking about earlier I ended up shooting 68 but that is a rare occurrence for me, its more like 74-76

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, the difference between me and a good player is instead of doing the pedal down thing, I start trying to hang on and limit mistakes instead of really going for it. Consequently, I've turned many a 72 into a 75 or 76 being unable to close it out. The round I was talking about earlier I ended up shooting 68 but that is a rare occurrence for me, its more like 74-76

Hahaha welcome to golf.

Happens to everyone and the learning curve is quite brutal

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hahaha welcome to golf.

Happens to everyone and the learning curve is quite brutal
I suffer from the "If it ain't one thing, its another" syndrome. Rarely are all facets of the game clicking for me at the same time and it can be frustrating. I'm always fighting one facet of the game or another, whether its short game, putting, iron play or driving.
Doesn't bother me as much as it used to though. I'm 64 years old now and thankful I can play golf every day if I want and still walk. I never use a cart. My goals now are exercise, socialize and play good golf. You are guaranteed two of those if you walk.