• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Peyton Manning Sets Another All-Time Record

Bradyjustwins

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course he does anybody with any football IQ knows Montana and Brady are the #1 and #2 best ever. Manning has had 7 first round WR and 2 RB drafted and Brady has had 0 and 0

Brady had Moss for 2 seasons to be fair...but yeah exactly.

Bradyjustwins

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1188069.gif

Is this Ricky Roma or Bradyjustwins right now? :D

Yeah...ummmm not really. Fantasy football fans opinions don't hold much weight with me.

And I don't care if people think Manning is better. I say something when people pretend Brady isn't on that level. Most knowledgeable fans acknowledge that even if they think Manning is better.

You on the other hand are a football simpleton.

JasonCarrier

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People who don't have Patriots or sometimes Michigan avatars think Brady is better.

v6ruix.png

Those are people who elected Bush twice and Obama twice. And you expect them to be knowledgeable o.O

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those are people who elected Bush twice and Obama twice. And you expect them to be knowledgeable o.O

So you always voted for the other guy? Yeah always nice that the grass is greener on the other side or the idea of hindsight being 20/20. Maybe you are that guy that refused to vote as your showing of your American Freedom. :lame:

JasonCarrier

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you always voted for the other guy? Yeah always nice that the grass is greener on the other side or the idea of hindsight being 20/20. Maybe you are that guy that refused to vote as your showing of your American Freedom. :lame:

1) Polls can be subjective and made to look however the people taking them want the out come to be

2) Look at some of the people on this board to see why I am right.

sta8541

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah...ummmm not really. Fantasy football fans opinions don't hold much weight with me.

And I don't care if people think Manning is better. I say something when people pretend Brady isn't on that level. Most knowledgeable fans acknowledge that even if they think Manning is better.

You on the other hand are a football simpleton.

Are you Kerry Byrne? I ask w/the utmost respect, I love his writing & analysis. You sound sorta like him, is all.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) Polls can be subjective and made to look however the people taking them want the out come to be

2) Look at some of the people on this board to see why I am right.

So then if you are going to complain about a problem at least come up with a solution for a better way to go about these things. I see people complain all the time about the status quo but then have no way of fixing it. What good does it do to complain about something but then not present a better way of determining a better outcome?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also doubt you would be complaining if the poll was reversed showing your guy as the top guy. We love the things that agree with our opinion and reject anything that doesn't.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The biggest drawback to Peyton Manning's records and career will always be that his teams have won only one Super Bowl and he really didn't star in that one. Fair or not, he'll be placed one notch above Dan Marino, the greatest QB to never have won a Super Bowl. Throughout football history there are many quarterbacks who are/were good and will never be in the same conversation with Manning but have one or more Super Bowl rings and that jewelry says much more than a record.

When all is said and done, if you asked Manning ...." Would you rather have 75,000 yards passing and 1 Super Bowl ring or 55,000 yards passing and three Super Bowl rings?" which do you honestly think he'd chose? Or even 30,000 yards passing and 2 Super Bowl rings? Brady once said that disappointment of the two Super Bowls the Patriots lost have lasted much longer than the joy of winning three. I guarantee that Manning feels the same about the one he lost.

You have to go find a book to see your records. You just have to look at your hand to see the Super Bowl wins.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See BigKen that is your opinion. To me I look at Manning's career and yes his lack of Super Bowl rings hurts him a bit in the Best of All-Time discussion but his stats alone put him top-5. What he has done to change the game of football and bring it to now being the most popular sport in the country (yes Manning has been the biggest figurehead in having that happen) cannot be dismissed. Plus at this point his career is not over so he still has possibly another 3-4 chances at a Super Bowl. At this point that is a 1/5th of his career still left. So let's not just expect he is going to stay exactly where he is today say 4-years from now as we just don't know. He could win the next two and honestly if he did he would probably go into the top-2 quarterbacks to ever play the game right off the bat with discussion of him even beating out Montana at that point.

See Super Bowl's take a whole team. Manning has had some pretty terrible playoff games yes but he is still top-10 in quarterback rating in playoff history so not like he has been the sole reason for his playoff record. He has had a lot of close games not work out in his favor.

Bradyjustwins

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honest question. Is Brett Favre in your top 5? Because his stats are up there with Manning. I have Manning in my top 5 but not Favre. Stats are great but you need more than that.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't say stats were everything. I would also throw in with Favre when it comes to stats a few things...1) The longevity of his career. It helps when he has what 5 more years in the NFL than that of Manning at this point and played longer than most everybody who has played the game that is not a kicker. So when looking at his stats you have to factor that in.

2) He leads in probably the worst category for a quarterback and that is interceptions thrown. Yes Favre put up some big touchdown and yardage stats but it also came at the expense of turning the ball over on a regular basis. This is why Manning's stats to me mean a lot more than Favre's at this point in he has done just as much in less time, with hurting his team, and has been winning at a much higher rate. So what Manning does compared to that of Favre is a bit different.

So no I do not have Favre in my top-5. I don't think I have him in my top-10. Haven't made my list out that far yet but doubting he would be in there.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What he has done to change the game of football and bring it to now being the most popular sport in the country (yes Manning has been the biggest figurehead in having that happen) cannot be dismissed.

Can't say I agree with this part of your comment. I think you're giving him waaay more credit than he deserves in this respect.

Bradyjustwins

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't say stats were everything. I would also throw in with Favre when it comes to stats a few things...1) The longevity of his career. It helps when he has what 5 more years in the NFL than that of Manning at this point and played longer than most everybody who has played the game that is not a kicker. So when looking at his stats you have to factor that in.

2) He leads in probably the worst category for a quarterback and that is interceptions thrown. Yes Favre put up some big touchdown and yardage stats but it also came at the expense of turning the ball over on a regular basis. This is why Manning's stats to me mean a lot more than Favre's at this point in he has done just as much in less time, with hurting his team, and has been winning at a much higher rate. So what Manning does compared to that of Favre is a bit different.

So no I do not have Favre in my top-5. I don't think I have him in my top-10. Haven't made my list out that far yet but doubting he would be in there.

I pretty much agree, which is why I asked for clarification. As I said I have Manning top 5 and Favre not (I disagree on top 10, I have him there). Manning is a great Quarterback, while Favre was probably the best gun slinger ever. Give me the quarterback over the gun slinger everytime.

JasonCarrier

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also doubt you would be complaining if the poll was reversed showing your guy as the top guy. We love the things that agree with our opinion and reject anything that doesn't.

Well considering it would be correct at that point.

And lets not forget you need Montana ahead of Brady

The gap between those two is very close, the gap between them and Manning is quite large.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well considering it would be correct at that point.

And lets not forget you need Montana ahead of Brady

The gap between those two is very close, the gap between them and Manning is quite large.

So I guess the majority of people who see it different than you are just idiots. I would love to be able to live like you do in your world where you are the smartest guy in the room always.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"But... but... but..."

Last edited by a moderator:

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash