• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pettigrew V Levy

Who's bringing more positive impact?

• BP

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • DeAndre

Votes: 16 84.2%

• Total voters

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that WR out of Penn State whose name currently escapes me
Derrick Williams

Had some hope for him as my sis is an alum of PSU. But I saw the writing on the wall early on.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Levy ever sucked, he just didn't come right out of the gates at the level he played at last year.

Considering that he was a 3rd rounder, I think he's on a very encouraging career arc. If last year was a sign of his progression and not just a one year anomaly then we might just have to start giving Mayhew some props on his third round picks. Getting two guys like him and Warford in 5 tries (2009 thru 2013) isn't half bad. That being said the busts of Spievey and that WR out of Penn State whose name currently escapes me kind of temper the really good picks a bit...

All in all, though, I'd happily trade all 5 of Mayhew's 3rd round picks (well, 6 now) for Warford. Not to get the cart ahead of the horse, but he was simply astounding as a rookie. Guys like Chance Warmack and Jonathan Cooper and even Kyle Long came out with all the fan-fare, but Warford would be a top 5 pick in a re-draft after the season he put together last year...

I only want to remark on the part where you say 2 out of 5 guys ain't HALF bad.....Yes it is.....It's less then half.

:suds: Balls in your court. Just being a Pessimist, glass HALF empty guy, or maybe still a closet Seahawk fan.:becky:

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I only want to remark on the part where you say 2 out of 5 guys ain't HALF bad.....Yes it is.....It's less then half.

:suds: Balls in your court. Just being a Pessimist, glass HALF empty guy, or maybe still a closet Seahawk fan.:becky:

Well played... poor choice of wording on my part. 2 out of 5 isn't statistically very good, but if those two play like they did last year then it makes those busts sting just a little less...

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well played... poor choice of wording on my part. 2 out of 5 isn't statistically very good, but if those two play like they did last year then it makes those busts sting just a little less...

Agreed, Warford and Levy performed at the level I can't even complain about last year. ( I bitch a lot) Now if Mayhew really wants to impress me he should do it with the 2nd rounders. (They should be easier to detect or find)

I actually liked the Van Noy pick and will be quick to get on the Ebron train if he's actually worth #10 overall.....But also understand the Lions will be in shoot outs because the secondary still looks like trash.......

Atleast Detroit will put up points and make games fun to watch every Sunday,.....I know what were getting and don't expect our defense to hold teams to 20 points, I also know I expect our offense to score 30+......

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see Levy having the turnover producing season he had last year. Right place, right time when it comes to picks, some times. I think he will continue to play solid in coverage and hopefully continue to make the tackles that are expected of him. But i dont see GameChanging plays left and right. Which us fine. Hence my BP selection. I see Ebron allowing Pettigrew to do what he does well (block, occupy a linebacker, catch short first down passes.) more than he's asked to go down field.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see Levy having the turnover producing season he had last year. Right place, right time when it comes to picks, some times. I think he will continue to play solid in coverage and hopefully continue to make the tackles that are expected of him. But i dont see GameChanging plays left and right. Which us fine. Hence my BP selection. I see Ebron allowing Pettigrew to do what he does well (block, occupy a linebacker, catch short first down passes.) more than he's asked to go down field.

Same wavelength here....That's why I went with Pettigrew.

I still want that avatar bet with Old Lion.....(Who scores more TD's Pettigrew or Levy)......I'm all on board with that one....

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kretons cool in my book, he just likes the Honolulu Blue punch.

Two years ago I'm sure he thought Levy sucked, because let's face it, two years ago he did. It's just too bad two years ago we were on the CBS boards and hard to find the evidence. :suds:

Ive never been down on Levy.

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ive never been down on Levy

:bj:

Keep that shit to yourself man. Good grief. :laugh3:

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Levy last year definitely, but what levy will be here in 2014? If its the pre 2013 levy than shit just about anyone would have a better impact. Not sure why they resigned pettigrew and then wasted their top pick on a fucking tight end though. I didnt mind the pettigrew deal, it was economical, but the drafting a TE is a headscratcher and a waste of a pick. Hes no jimmy graham, and thats the only type of talent hat should have been drafted that high. Now have wasted two first round picks on fucking tight ends. Just needed to rant.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This will not be close. Levy will probably have more TDs then Pettigrew too.

This comment gave me a good laugh.

I'm not really sure how you can judge the two players, as they are on opposite sides of the ball, but if I had to pick one -- It'd have to be Levy.

Pettigrew, even at his best, is a solid two way TE, but will never be anything more than an extension of the running game as a pass catcher. Levy, if he performs as he did last year, should be heading to the pro bowl. Will be interesting if last year was a shot in the dark, or if last year's production is what we will get going forward. Obviously -- we can't expect him to pick off that many passes, as that is unrealistic, but his overall game was light year's better than in year's past.

Rob

Forward down the field, Bitches.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as I bad mouth Pettigrew both guys stay healthy and will be productive for the next few years.

Levy is more important for the Lions. Levy has been solid since joining the Lions and last year became one of the most productive linebackers in football. Among all NFL linebackers Levy ranked #21 in tackles, #2 (tied) in pass defenses, #1 in interception. That is very impressive. On the bad side he didn't force any fumbles and had no sacks. The no sacks is likely scheme related more so than a lack of ability.

Levy is a very valuable piece in our defense. 6 INTs likely won't happen again but he is a versatile linebacker and will continue to break up passes and tackle at a high level. Van Noy is the guy who can do what Levy and Tulloch can't do. He can get into the backfield and cause a ruckus.

Pettigrew is a middle of the road tight end. Brandon's numbers have been flatlined or falling for a few years now. His numbers are stale while his QB has been begging for a 2nd option to target besides CJ. His contract isn't obscene but it is big and means he's got to cut the shit. We pay Ebron to catch and run. I just want Pettigrew to sit in an open area, catch the ball, and fall down. He can't be thinking about YAC because he loses focus on making the catch. Also, no more hurdling people or stretching for an extra meaningless yard because it makes him vulnerable to fumbles.

If both guys do what they do best and eliminate some mistakes we will get our money's worth out of both.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same wavelength here....That's why I went with Pettigrew.

I still want that avatar bet with Old Lion.....(Who scores more TD's Pettigrew or Levy)......I'm all on board with that one....

No thanks. The odds are stacked against Levy because no one will be intentionally throwing him the ball. Pettigrew will have many more opportunities, although the throws will be coming from Stafford so half of them will probably end up in the 3rd row.

I am going out on a limb with that prediction and it was meant to be an overstatement.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No thanks. The odds are stacked against Levy because no one will be intentionally throwing him the ball. Pettigrew will have many more opportunities, although the throws will be coming from Stafford so half of them will probably end up in the 3rd row.

I am going out on a limb with that prediction and it was meant to be an overstatement.

Hmm, Just checking.....The offer still stands though and I would pick a really cool avatar for ya.