• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Personal Gun Safety Question

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Need some advice. My wife and I are going to be taking classes for a conceal carry permit. This is actually for her as she is working in a career field that will require her to travel long distances and includes work in a city with a rather high crime rate. There could be some traveling at night that includes areas that are not well lit. We don't anticipate problems, but I am a firm believer in preparing for the worst and knowing what to in those circumstances. So my question for the gun experts on this board is what type of handgun do you think is appropriate? My wife has little experience with guns and this handgun will only be used for self defense purposes. We will both be taking the NRA safety course first, then contact the local PD to find a conceal carry permit class.

I hear a lot of people in similar situations getting revolvers since there's really nothing to them. No safety, no real moving parts -- you just pull the trigger and it goes boom 5 or 6 times; and they're usually pretty easy to shoot because they're a little heavier and they can get a good grip on the gun.