• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

perrotto writes on alvarez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It looks like Pedro is at least doing the right things this off season (aside from the faux-hawk, which is never the right choice) to have a better season in 2012. Hopefully he can sustain the hard work and stay relaxed at the plate was well as in front of the media. We need for him to have a big season.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me, it's whatever on the whole conditioning/weight topic, if he can't hit he is of no use. And his weight has no bearing on his ability to recognize pitches or have a plan for every at bat.

Illinest

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Alvarez's performance is massively important. If he tanks again then his value will be closer to Jeff Clement territory. If he hits then he's like a young Aramis Ramirez, who hopefully would fetch more than Bobby Hill and watsisfuckinwhoever.

Huge difference. Do we have an asset or a failed prospect?

And the lineup could be massively transformed by a good season from him. With a productive Alvarez it turns 3B from last year's black hole into potentially our best or second best hitter. It wouldn't just give us more counting stats, it would also extend the lineup.

If you are optimistic about Tabata and Presley then we could have McC third and Alvarez fourth. All of a sudden Walker is in the back half of the order. Jones isn't relied on as much. McGahee can get chances at 1B.

Nothing we can do about Barajas and Barmes, but they were brought in to play defense and bridge gaps.

Alvarez is just too important. It makes me feel anxious.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree Alvarez is very important to this team but at least this year they have a legit backup plan.
If he is that bad again they will be lucky to get Bobby Hill for him, don't forget they got the Strikeout king Jose Hernandez and traded Lofton. Just for the fun of it I looked it up the player was Matt Bruback who was waived that year by the Pirates. Then at that point the SHOULD have listened to thecrow to trade him.

On a lighter note I saw him at the Mall and he looked pretty good so lets hope he keeps the .lbs off during the holidays. As for the weight I don't care if he looks like Rick Reuschel as long as he can hit.