• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Perriman has Another ACL Injury

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously he had done anything to make Ravens fan miss him, but I still think it's a blow...WRs bust quite a bit in the NFL, but anytime you take a player in the 1st rd you expect him to contribute....hope the kid can make it to the field in games that count.

It is a blow to the expectations that were invested in him playing this yr, but when there is no body of work in the field of play, it makes it easier to accept....
We've had 1st rnd busts before, Ozzie doesn't have a good track record at picking wr's and qb's....(Travis Taylor, Kyle Boller) both 1st rnd busts.....Joe and Torrey were his only successes to date and Mayock led the scouts to Joe and Torrey is barely a #1 wr.....
So it would not shock me if Perriman is another bust....
I just hope Wallace can rekindle the fire he played with in Pitts and this kid Moore can step up....
Aiken is solid and Smitty is clutch along with the TE talent we should be fine in the passing game....

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is a blow to the expectations that were invested in him playing this yr, but when there is no body of work in the field of play, it makes it easier to accept....
We've had 1st rnd busts before, Ozzie doesn't have a good track record at picking wr's and qb's....(Travis Taylor, Kyle Boller) both 1st rnd busts.....Joe and Torrey were his only successes to date and Mayock led the scouts to Joe and Torrey is barely a #1 wr.....
So it would not shock me if Perriman is another bust....
I just hope Wallace can rekindle the fire he played with in Pitts and this kid Moore can step up....
Aiken is solid and Smitty is clutch along with the TE talent we should be fine in the passing game....

Definitely no track record to create expectations of a fan, but I'm sure Harbaugh and staff want to see what they invested in.

Wallace...has a lot to prove, so he should be plenty motivated being back in the AFCN...right now I have to put him in the idk category...I'm not expecting much in terms of major impact...35 catches/500-600 yds/3 TDs

OFC...I think it would be silly to think the Ravens will not improve on OFC with Joe back healthy and some solid pcs...it's the DEF imo that I'm not sure is ready to get the Ravens back into the playoffs....we shall see.

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely no track record to create expectations of a fan, but I'm sure Harbaugh and staff want to see what they invested in.

Wallace...has a lot to prove, so he should be plenty motivated being back in the AFCN...right now I have to put him in the idk category...I'm not expecting much in terms of major impact...35 catches/500-600 yds/3 TDs

OFC...I think it would be silly to think the Ravens will not improve on OFC with Joe back healthy and some solid pcs...it's the DEF imo that I'm not sure is ready to get the Ravens back into the playoffs....we shall see.

I like Weddle and Webb at safety, will be a definite improvement, and CJ is ready to take over the MLB position.
cb Jimmy Smith is very good when healthy and they like this rookie we got Tavon Young, word is he looks NFL ready now according to some players comments....
Also Suggs and Doom with some added young pass rusher in Kamalei Correa, who they are also trying him at MLB...
Plenty of run stuffers on the line, so I'm sure it will be a vast improvement over last yr, which everyone knows was a fluke season for us....But you're right, we'll see when the lights go on....
I'm already Jonesin' for some football games...."Let's Roll" :D

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Weddle and Webb at safety, will be a definite improvement, and CJ is ready to take over the MLB position.
cb Jimmy Smith is very good when healthy and they like this rookie we got Tavon Young, word is he looks NFL ready now according to some players comments....
Also Suggs and Doom with some added young pass rusher in Kamalei Correa, who they are also trying him at MLB...
Plenty of run stuffers on the line, so I'm sure it will be a vast improvement over last yr, which everyone knows was a fluke season for us....But you're right, we'll see when the lights go on....
I'm already Jonesin' for some football games...."Let's Roll" :D

Good points, and I look at them as fan optimism on some level.

No doubt there are still some good players on DEF...I have some high hopes for a few Steeler youngsters as well....Weddle should be fine and we'll have to see how Webb transitions to S...I think Suggs and D'Vil are aging players...I'm sure they will have some impact games, but I'm curious to see how they play for 16 games.

I definitely think the Ravens will be back to being the Ravens this season...which to me means strong at home, and competitive on the road. Right now, I'm thinking they are a 9 win type team. If they go north of that and are in the playoffs again I won't be surprised, but the Ravens have more questions going into the season really on both sides of the ball than the norm.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

RavensNation2158

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about a loss is a loss. There are no asterisks, regardless of officials mistakes. Maybe don't let the Jaguars hang around next time, then an officials mistake won't matter.

It was a joke...
But thanks for the advice. I will remember that the next time I'm running down the field with the ball.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a joke...
But thanks for the advice. I will remember that the next time I'm running down the field with the ball.
Thanks for telling me. I would have never known otherwise.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Okie dokie...
Per radio station 98 Rock in Baltimore (The Ravens Flagship radio station), Perriman is seeing the renown Dr. Andrews today to have arthroscopic surgery on the knee. The sportscaster who's from Channel 11 in Baltimore (WBAL) and covers Balt sports including the Ravens said the Ravens won't know how long Perriman will be out until after the surgery today. So I don't know who Schefter's source is but they appear to know squat about this situation.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per radio station 98 Rock in Baltimore (The Ravens Flagship radio station), Perriman is seeing the renown Dr. Andrews today to have arthroscopic surgery on the knee. The sportscaster who's from Channel 11 in Baltimore (WBAL) and covers Balt sports including the Ravens said the Ravens won't know how long Perriman will be out until after the surgery today. So I don't know who Schefter's source is but they appear to know squat about this situation.
Yeah, kind of figured that was probably bullshit, but there does seem to at least be some credence to the idea he could play.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The surgery actually already happened this morning and when they got done decided the knee did not need further surgery and was stable enough for him to play on.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The surgery actually already happened this morning and when they got done decided the knee did not need further surgery and was stable enough for him to play on.
Any "stable enough" knee that has stem cells shoved into it seems kind of suspicious, no?

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, I didn't know that. Thanks for the update! I'll hear all about it tomorrow morning from 98 Rock I'm sure.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any "stable enough" knee that has stem cells shoved into it seems kind of suspicious, no?

It does but at the same time when the most famous knee surgeon in the country thinks the knee is fine with some stem cells and has given the ok for the player to play on it I usually trust that assessment. I mean they know if he goes out and first cut the knee rips up their reputation is put in the spotlight. So I doubt they give the ok unless the knee is actually ok.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It does but at the same time when the most famous knee surgeon in the country thinks the knee is fine with some stem cells and has given the ok for the player to play on it I usually trust that assessment. I mean they know if he goes out and first cut the knee rips up their reputation is put in the spotlight. So I doubt they give the ok unless the knee is actually ok.
True but the Doc could just claim It looked fine when he saw it and blah blah blah. However, it would put his rep in the spotlight and it's not like any spotlight is good for a doc already this well known.

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True but the Doc could just claim It looked fine when he saw it and blah blah blah. However, it would put his rep in the spotlight and it's not like any spotlight is good for a doc already this well known.

They did arthroscopic surgery which is a small cut to insert a tiny camera to go inside and view the damage more clearly...They did that, determined it only needed a stem cell injection and he is expected according to Harbs, to be ready for TC and pre season....He was cautious because of last yr, but seems pretty confident....We'll see !!