• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Percy Harvin requests a trade

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unusual timing. You would think a guy and his agent would do this before the draft, because teams looking for a WR in the 1st probably wouldn't have had an issue with giving up a 1st for Percy. Plus, the Vikings would have felt good about knowing exactly what they were getting, instead of a pick or picks that could be anywhere from 1st to 32nd in each round.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I were the 49ers GM and they offered Harvin for Crabtree straight up, I'd be tempted because of Harvin's ability. His migraine issues are scary though.

I think I'd have to take into consideration that it wasn't just Alex Smith switching offensive coordinators every year, along with brand new playbooks and terminology... the rest of the offensive players have been crippled by that nonsense too. So I want to give Crabtree more time to be the type of WR he was supposed to be for the team when they drafted him.

This will be Crabtree's first off-season under the same offensive system/coordinator too. I know that technically the team had such a thing with Jimmy Raye, but I'd argue that there was no growth for him under an offense from 1986 where the passing game was just an inconvenient change-up from figuring out a way to run for 3 yards and a cloud of dust 80% of the time.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
If I were the 49ers GM and they offered Harvin for Crabtree straight up, I'd be tempted because of Harvin's ability. His migraine issues are scary though.

I think I'd have to take into consideration that it wasn't just Alex Smith switching offensive coordinators every year, along with brand new playbooks and terminology... the rest of the offensive players have been crippled by that nonsense too. So I want to give Crabtree more time to be the type of WR he was supposed to be for the team when they drafted him.

This will be Crabtree's first off-season under the same offensive system/coordinator too. I know that technically the team had such a thing with Jimmy Raye, but I'd argue that there was no growth for him under an offense from 1986 where the passing game was just an inconvenient change-up from figuring out a way to run for 3 yards and a cloud of dust 80% of the time.

I think it was one of the Chronicle guys who looked at Crabtree over the final 10 weeks of the season, compared with the rest of the league, and he was top-10 in receptions and yards. Not in TDs, but we couldn't throw for shit in the red zone last year. Then he pulled the disappearing act in the playoffs and it seems like that's all some people can remember.

I don't think Crabtree is likely to be the game-breaking type, but I think he's still got a chance to be a good - potentially very good - receiver. It's very possible he needed a little pressure on him, as well as a mentor to push him. He's got both those things now, and he seems to be responding to date. I'm not crazy about a guy who needs those things to succeed, but some do. All I really care about it what he does come the season.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There would be zero hesitation for me - Harvin is as good or better a receiver and he can return kicks as well.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it was one of the Chronicle guys who looked at Crabtree over the final 10 weeks of the season, compared with the rest of the league, and he was top-10 in receptions and yards. Not in TDs, but we couldn't throw for shit in the red zone last year. Then he pulled the disappearing act in the playoffs and it seems like that's all some people can remember.

I don't think Crabtree is likely to be the game-breaking type, but I think he's still got a chance to be a good - potentially very good - receiver. It's very possible he needed a little pressure on him, as well as a mentor to push him. He's got both those things now, and he seems to be responding to date. I'm not crazy about a guy who needs those things to succeed, but some do. All I really care about it what he does come the season.

It was Branch who posted those numbers...If we can get a reliable, chain-moving, possession WR out of Crabtree I'd be happy.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NO! It was just Alex! Only Alex has those legitimate reasons, everyone else is just making excuses! :rant: Just kidding.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
There would be zero hesitation for me - Harvin is as good or better a receiver and he can return kicks as well.

My only hesitiation in bringing in Harvin (if I were a team who needed a WR) would be about his migranes. Is that going to get worse over time?

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My only hesitiation in bringing in Harvin (if I were a team who needed a WR) would be about his migranes. Is that going to get worse over time?

That is a legitimate concern and a great question. The only other player that I can recall having to deal with migraines was Terrell Davis and he didn't miss too much playing time because of them - but your point is still valid.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, I don't expect Crabtree to turn into a dominant WR. If he had that ability, he'd show it regardless of who his QB has been, like Fitz and Megatron have done.

I'm holding out hope that he can turn into the guy who can get around 1000 yards and 9 TDs, I know there is no chance he's getting 1400+ yards and 17 TDs. A lot of that depends on the QB too, but Smith and Crabs both have room to grow individually and as a passing tandem during their 2nd year in this system.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

I'd add SEVERE immaturity, stubornness, and, while smaller, reoccuring nagging injuries (ribs, fingers, hamstring, etc.) that have caused him to miss practice time throughout his time in college and the NFL. The shoulder thing would be the first physical thing I would check out if I had permission because others have wondered/suspected if it's a degenerative issue.

More than anything, though, with that TYPE of undispituable immaturity that he has openly shown thus far, it would be very, very difficult for me as a fan to support using a roster spot and committing a decent sized extension on him. I have zero interest in a two-year rental either. I'll hope for and advocate for something else down the road.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'd add SEVERE immaturity, stubornness, and, while smaller, reoccuring nagging injuries (ribs, fingers, hamstring, etc.) that have caused him to miss practice time throughout his time in college and the NFL. The shoulder thing would be the first physical thing I would check out if I had permission because others have wondered/suspected if it's a degenerative issue.

More than anything, though, with that TYPE of undispituable immaturity that he has openly shown thus far, it would be very, very difficult for me as a fan to support using a roster spot and committing a decent sized extension on him. I have zero interest in a two-year rental either. I'll hope for and advocate for something else down the road.

Not trying to assess your definition of severe or anything like that, but that is far from the fact. Severe immaturity with capital letters would describe someone like Janoris Jenkins (pre North Alabama days); Kenny Britt; Adam Jones; etc. I don't know what your standard is for your average NFL receivers but they tend to be a bit more outspoken then their peers at other positions. For example, Randy Moss could be define as someone with "Severe Immatuarity" by your standards simply because he had mooned the Green Bay fans during that memorable TD celebration. Joe Horn, Crabtree, Steve Smith; Ocho Cinco; Dez Bryant; I mean the list goes on for WRs. Yet you want to indentify and label him as being severely immature. I'm sorry but that's a little far fetched to say the least based on Harvin's career thus far as a pro.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
No holdout for Harvin?
12:19PM ET
Percy Harvin | Vikings

It's still relatively unclear exactly what caused Percy Harvin to hint at a holdout from Minnesota Vikings training camp during last month's minicamp, but it appears he has gotten over it. ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter cited a team source Friday who said that Harvin plans to report to training camp later this month.

It was speculated that he may have had issues with his contract and/or how he was being used on the field. Barring another spat, he should be primed for a big 2012 campaign.

ESPN Fantasy ranks Harvin as the No. 20 wide receiver, projecting him for 76 catches for 900 yards, 37 rushes for 263 yards, and a total of six touchdowns. All of those numbers are down from what he did last season. Should his role increase, as many suspect it will, Harvin could post career-highs across the board -- especially with Adrian Peterson working his way back into game shape early on.

- Tom Carpenter​

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd give up Crabtree, and Kendal Hunter for the rights of Percy in a heartbeat. I may also include a conditional pick with that as well.

It would certainly add some much needed speed to the offense. Harvin is so fragile though and, I'm told, one of the stupidest players in the league.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'd give up Crabtree, and Kendal Hunter for the rights of Percy in a heartbeat. I may also include a conditional pick with that as well.

It would certainly add some much needed speed to the offense. Harvin is so fragile though and, I'm told, one of the stupidest players in the league.

There are a lot of stupid people in the league some of which are prennial pro bowlers & have made 1st team all-pro on several occasions. Nonetheless, it's not like we want their services to be in the spellingbee contest or anything like in that nature. I don't care how stupid they are, if they can read Xs and Os and play football, then that's all that counts. Who would you rather have as your starting QB: a Havard grad in Ryan Fitzpatrick, or an expelled Florida Gator student in Cam Newton?